Star Member
Jan 11, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mississauga
LANDED..........
29-06-2014
Has anyone received back their citizenship certificate from Gatineau after having the file transferred to the local office for urgent processing?
I picked up my passport at Mississauga on May 2, 2022, but have not yet received back the certificate.

cloud111

Aug 9, 2016
My timeline so far:
Passport application (4 adults, 1 child) received on 13th of April in Gatineau (courier)
CC charged on 25th of May
Guarantor contacted on 26th of May

kzaman

May 31, 2015
Got hold of the rep after waiting for a couple of hours on the phone yesterday. Application is still "under examination". Had submitted it at service Canada office on 25th of March. Rep had no idea when they will start working on it and what's the average processing time these days. He kept saying that if I want it urgently then to transfer it to a local office provided I've proof of travel which I don't as I want the passport in my hand before making any plans. So it seems that is the only option left to have your application processed. All along they have been saying not to make any travel plans before the passport is issued and now they want confirmed travel booking before processing your passport.

Really frustrating!!! Anyone else in the same boat with over 2 months waiting for their passport?

BuzzBuzz

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
Hey guys, just got a reply from passport office:

Thank you for your message of April 20, 2022. We have received your passport application. Your file is in examination.
Due to the high volume of applications received, there may be some delays in the processing times of passports. Thank you for your patience and your understanding.
For information concerning your passport application, please contact us at 1-800-567-6868 from Monday to Friday, between 8:30 AM and 5 PM, your local time, except for statutory holidays. We are currently experiencing a high volume of calls, several attempts may be required to reach us.

Actually, sent a new request on Thursday, May 26th lol

At least they did open it haha

Delivered: April 1st

Last edited:

a987

Star Member
May 23, 2022
Hey guys, just got a reply from passport office:

Thank you for your message of April 20, 2022. We have received your passport application. Your file is in examination.
Due to the high volume of applications received, there may be some delays in the processing times of passports. Thank you for your patience and your understanding.
For information concerning your passport application, please contact us at 1-800-567-6868 from Monday to Friday, between 8:30 AM and 5 PM, your local time, except for statutory holidays. We are currently experiencing a high volume of calls, several attempts may be required to reach us.

Actually, sent a new request on Thursday, May 26th lol

At least they did open it haha

Delivered: April 1st
so it took them a month to respond to your email ?

Reactions: BuzzBuzz

a987

Star Member
May 23, 2022
Yeah, but I sent another request this Thursday. Honestly, I thought they are not going to reply lol
I call in 15 day after I call in (child application) was told usually upload the information next day, but I was told they can't see any renew information and was also told it might got lost. I have a appointment in July and I'm going to call in again before the application just making sure this is actually true or not. They told me just report it lost and apply in person. This is so confusing lol. However the one that i book is actually a passport office

HabsFan416

May 28, 2022
Call your MP's office they can expedite it since its already crossed 3 months
Can your MP only expedite it if it's after three months or also if you have upcoming travel?

Passport timeline:
Two children's passport applications sent: April 29
Received: May 2 in Ottawa - even though it was sent to Gatineau via Canada Xpress Post
Credit Card Charged: May 26

Travel date: July 3, 2022
I included my travel itinerary in the passport application, so hopefully that helps

Reactions: GuyanaGirl

a987

Star Member
May 23, 2022
Can your MP only expedite it if it's after three months or also if you have upcoming travel?

Passport timeline:
Two children's passport applications sent: April 29
Received: May 2 in Ottawa - even though it was sent to Gatineau via Canada Xpress Post
Credit Card Charged: May 26

Travel date: July 3, 2022
I included my travel itinerary in the passport application, so hopefully that helps
I think should be ok try to call the payment line. It more easy to got information and talk to the agent.

I send it to the same place but with Purolator was received by may 3. But I haven’t got a CC yet but I need to update my payment information cause I got a new number after I send it out. I was told the passport haven’t scanned yet. Since your date is close to my, I think you should call Monday morning

LoganInTheSpaxe

May 28, 2022
Hello guys! If I apply my passport in person at service Canada in mid May, and I’m gonna travel on the 20th July. Am I gonna get my passport before departure. The staff at service Canada told me that the mail out date will be in mid June and I’m gonna receive it in late June. But after hearing lots of stories of long waiting time, I’m really really really nervous right now . Does anyone have any idea am I gonna get it before departure ? Thank You everyone

a987

Star Member
May 23, 2022
Hello guys! If I apply my passport in person at service Canada in mid May, and I’m gonna travel on the 20th July. Am I gonna get my passport before departure. The staff at service Canada told me that the mail out date will be in mid June and I’m gonna receive it in late June. But after hearing lots of stories of long waiting time, I’m really really really nervous right now . Does anyone have any idea am I gonna get it before departure ? Thank You everyone
most likely, yes. as long as it a passport office not services canada only....

CaptBasil

May 10, 2022
It's going to be hard to tell when you'll get it.