+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

susanms

May 10, 2022
Can we use Indian Passport as proof of identity for my 16 year old son while applying for Canadian passport? He became 16 recently & we could not renew his OHIP card yet. Current Health card does not include photo & signature.
YES. The only ID my 21 year old son has is his UK passport, it was no problem. Just send in all required Copied pages.

Reactions: softwaretesting

susanms

May 10, 2022
Just wanted to add my timeline. It was because of the thread that I got my passport the day before my trip May 20th, 31 business days after they received my application. I had to request a transfer to my local office, which is still a 3 hour drive from my house, but at least I can go on my trip now. They only charged me $20 for the transfer/pickup fee, and waived any express fees.

- Application Sent: March 30, 2022
- Application Delivered: Apri 5
- CC Charged: April 30
- Called to Transfer: May 12 (5 business days before I needed it)
- Got Transfer Approval call from local office: May 17 (3 business days after requesting transfer)
- Passport Printed and Picked Up: May 19
Hello ,

You said Calgary is your office also. I assume you had to go downtown, if so , is the line for pickup only well marked? How long did you wait in line ? My son sent his app. a few days before you did in march, so we called May 16th to transfer, they said they will, he travels on May 28th, its May 25th evening and no call yet. Did they leave a message if you did not answer. thanks so much ! susan

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello ,

You said Calgary is your office also. I assume you had to go downtown, if so , is the line for pickup only well marked? How long did you wait in line ? My son sent his app. a few days before you did in march, so we called May 16th to transfer, they said they will, he travels on May 28th, its May 25th evening and no call yet. Did they leave a message if you did not answer. thanks so much ! susan
Someone here mentioned that getting a call is not guaranteed. Ask your son to directly walkin (& early in the morning as precaution).

utopir

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
Hey! I got the same call. Did they tell you what number to fax the information to? I found a tweet by passport canada with the apparent numbers( 1-819-953-4338 & 1-855-852-8316) Did you receive the same number(s) or something different?

I went to UPS and the fax's went through (both numbers) so they seem legit but its good to confirm.
It depends where your local office is. The Calgary office called me and gave me their fax number: it had a local area number.

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Hello Anyone who mail the application using courier early May 2022? I applying child renewal and I call yesterday and was told it not in the system yet.
I applied April 11 and my son's on May 4. No CC charge for either and not recognized as being in the system. Part of me feels like they lost it but then again, this is a really slow process, and not dealt with on an 'as received' basis.

leka

Apr 12, 2018
Category........
Other
Just curious...
Does someone know if they mention the name of the passport issuing city in the passport? And which one it will be if I apply in person or if I apply by mail? TIA for your replies

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
How does anyone get through to speak to someone?

I just called 1-800-567-6868 100 times, as well as 30 times this morning and I keep getting the "for general information such as how and where to apply ..." and the connection gets put into a queue. Been trying for days now.

• Sad
Reactions: rubz9911

omgjvill

May 26, 2022
Hello Anyone who mail the application using courier early May 2022? I applying child renewal and I call yesterday and was told it not in the system yet.
My timeline is close to yours. Application was delivered April 27th to Mississauga from BC. Still no CC charge yet but I'll update my post once they do.

CaptBasil

May 10, 2022

I just called 1-800-567-6868 100 times, as well as 30 times this morning and I keep getting the "for general information such as how and where to apply ..." and the connection gets put into a queue. Been trying for days now.
I recommend calling at different times of the day. Once I called around 5:30PM-ish ET, 60-70 calls before I got in-line for an agent. There were 70+ people ahead of me. The second time I called, 8:30AM ET, I got in after 40-50 call attempts with 60 people ahead of me. Of course, I still had to wait because of the queue but eventually got to talk to a passport agent.

Good luck!

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014

I kept calling on that number y’day from 10AM to 11:15 AM MT, the recorded message kept saying they’re experiencing heavy call volume and to call back later and the call disconnected everytime.

I called on the other phone number someone mentioned here, that number is only for making payments, however I requested the lady that I’d been continuously calling the passport office helpline and I won’t get thru an agent.

I requested her if she can look up on my file as i was told by service canada the expected mail out date for my passport was May 24th.
She was nice, she helped me, I gave her my file#, she looked up my file and said, there’s nothing been done on my file other than the payment.
I asked her if she can transfer my file to the local office, she declined and asked me to call the passport line to get the transfer.

After hanging up with her, I again called the passport line and by this time it was 11:33AM and to my surprise my call went straight to the queue. The recorded message said “there are 168 people ahead of you” and within 35 mins waiting i was able to talk to an agent and requested transfer.

a987

Star Member
May 23, 2022
I applied April 11 and my son's on May 4. No CC charge for either and not recognized as being in the system. Part of me feels like they lost it but then again, this is a really slow process, and not dealt awith on an 'as received' basis.
They told me usually they upload the information right away even they put it on the side. The agent also told me it might got lost etc.
My actual 20 day is next week, so I’m going to give them a call mid June to see if there an update, if not I will report as lost. I have a in person appointment in July, so the agent told me if I don’t hear anything before the appointment just report lost and apply it in person.