Application sent: 3/27/22
Application received: 3/29/22
CC charged:5/12/22
Passport and the originals received: 5/19/22

Timeline of my application

In-person application
Application date: 3/17/22
Called twice: They said application is "In progress"

I didnt take the original birth certificate translation of my daughter when I tried to submit it along with mine. So I sent it a week later. She got it first, I did not. Most of the friends who applied online got it faster than in-person application

Reactions: prithvi.vsridhar

utopir

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
UPDATE: got a call from my local office to fax them my flight itinerary and a letter authorizing them to charge my credit card the transfer fee. They will then print the passports and I can go pick them up.

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
Timeline of my daughter`s passport request

Online application

In-person application

I didnt take the original birth certificate translation of my daughter when I tried to submit it along with mine. So I sent it a week later. She got it first, I did not. Most of the friends who applied online got it faster than in-person application
There's an option for online passport applications? How/where?

Feb 23, 2018
Timeline of my daughter`s passport request

Online application

In-person application

How did you get the passport? By Canada post in your mailbox? Or was it given in person by a CP associate?

VickiC

Jan 30, 2019
Canada
Finally received!
Application delivered: March 15th
Credit Card charged: April 7th
First passport received (mine) - May 20th
Second passport received (spouse) - May 24th

Applications sent together in same envelope from Ontario to Gatineau, both charged on the same day. Caused me some stress over the weekend thinking 2nd passport might have a problem/be lost.

EDIT: In case anyone is interested, each passport and certificate were returned in the same envelope via Canada Post.

Last edited:

mukicookie

Star Member
Jan 24, 2022
Finally received!

Applications sent together in same envelope from Ontario to Gatineau, both charged on the same day. Caused me some stress over the weekend thinking 2nd passport might have a problem/be lost.
did you apply in person or in Service Canada office? @VickiC

alexpolis007

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
Finally received!

congrats

Reactions: VickiC

Deedle

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Finally received!

EDIT: In case anyone is interested, each passport and certificate were returned in the same envelope via Canada Post.
This is a small beacon of hope for the rest of us! Congrats, enjoy your new freedom!

jo5huamartin

May 19, 2022
UPDATE: got a call from my local office to fax them my flight itinerary and a letter authorizing them to charge my credit card the transfer fee. They will then print the passports and I can go pick them up.
Hey! I got the same call. Did they tell you what number to fax the information to? I found a tweet by passport canada with the apparent numbers( 1-819-953-4338 & 1-855-852-8316) Did you receive the same number(s) or something different?

I went to UPS and the fax's went through (both numbers) so they seem legit but its good to confirm.

pafj

Nov 19, 2015
Hi,
I went to a Service Canada to apply for my passport on April 7th and I havent received it yet obviously. I called last week to transfer my file to a local office for urgent pick up but the agent told me its not guaranteed... Do you believe if I line up in a service canada passport center I can get it processed quickly? Would they accept to cancel the previous application and start an express based on my trip? I have a trip coming June 5th and I cannot miss it.

monaliza_332

Aug 12, 2021
did they give you a pickup date? also is there any other way other than the fax because I do not have one.

Andy_ready

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-11-2017
Hi,
I went to a Service Canada to apply for my passport on April 7th and I havent received it yet obviously. I called last week to transfer my file to a local office for urgent pick up but the agent told me its not guaranteed... Do you believe if I line up in a service canada passport center I can get it processed quickly? Would they accept to cancel the previous application and start an express based on my trip? I have a trip coming June 5th and I cannot miss it.
Yes please line up with proof of travel.

Reactions: pafj

a987

Star Member
May 23, 2022
Hello Anyone who mail the application using courier early May 2022? I applying child renewal and I call yesterday and was told it not in the system yet.