+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

BuzzBuzz

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
Hey guys,

just checked IRCC website about processing times, it says: Due to high volumes, processing times are longer than usual. It may take up to 9 weeks, plus mailing time. So it's about 2.5 - 3 month to get your passport I would guess.

LoganInTheSpaxe

May 28, 2022
When had you applied & in person or through mail? Is your CC already charged? When are you traveling?

I think you can get application transferred to passport office 10 days before your travel.
I applied In person at service Canada in mid May, and gonna go to passport centre 29th June, and travel on the 20th July. I hope my application can be expedite when I go to the passport centre, hope they can transfer my file to location centre at that moment when I visit passport centre :)

canv_1234

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
I called the passport office and the automated voice mail says the processing time now is 9weeks plus mailing time. It seems on an average it will take around 2.5 months before we get the passport

ns0090

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
I submitted my regular passport application early may however due to a sudden death in family i need to travel to US this week.

i’m going to go to passport service today/tomorrow however i’m trying to figure out what i need to bring with me. Would airline ticket be enough? Do i need to print entire application again and bring it with me? Photographs?

please advise

zhuyun104104

Dec 15, 2021
My family‘s applications timeline:
Sent:Mar 18
received:Mar 21
CC charged:2 adults on April 13,1 child on April 14,1 child on May 5

I think I am patient enough,hope I can get them ASAP!

Deedle

Star Member
May 5, 2014
I submitted my regular passport application early may however due to a sudden death in family i need to travel to US this week.

i’m going to go to passport service today/tomorrow however i’m trying to figure out what i need to bring with me. Would airline ticket be enough? Do i need to print entire application again and bring it with me? Photographs?

please advise
I don't see why you'd need to bring a whole new application if you're just asking for it to be expedited. I mailed my app so they have my citizenship certificate so I don't even see how I could bring a whole new application if mine doesn't arrive in time for my travel in July.

ns0090

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
I don't see why you'd need to bring a whole new application if you're just asking for it to be expedited. I mailed my app so they have my citizenship certificate so I don't even see how I could bring a whole new application if mine doesn't arrive in time for my travel in July.
I applied via mail so i’m not sure if my local office would be able to pull up the information i provided. My CC hasn’t been charged yet and i dont know if they’ve even opened the package or not.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied via mail so i’m not sure if my local office would be able to pull up the information i provided. My CC hasn’t been charged yet and i dont know if they’ve even opened the package or not.
I think you need to call them & ask for file transfer.

Reactions: ns0090

Deedle

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Oh I see, then yes maybe come armed with a new application. Did you send your citizenship certificate though?

Reactions: ns0090

Ld30

May 30, 2022
Does anyone know how long approximately it takes once it is in the mail? Do they give you the traceable number once it is in the mail?

Apparently my application is going to print this week and will be mailed a few days after printing.