+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, for all of those requesting a file transfer to the local service Canada because of travels, do they ask for proof of travel? I have a friend's wedding in the US on May 28th but I didn't book any flight yet because I don't know when i will get the passport.

My timeline:
March 14 - Mail application received
April 16 - CC charged

vis9486

Star Member
Dec 7, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
SYDNEY,NS
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Request
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018( upfront)
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
what's the best number to reach the passport office?I tried the one listed, but no option to speak to an agent

Last edited:

Costa5053

Star Member
Jul 30, 2021
Hi every one my guarantor just come back he sign a copy of my driver lisence I sent it by fax yesturday I try to call the agent more than 15 times no answer My application received on mars 7 and still waiting the fax number is 18558528316 i dont know now how I can contact him the phone it’s almost impossible any help pleas thx

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
Hi every one my guarantor just come back he sign a copy of my driver lisence I sent it by fax yesturday I try to call the agent more than 15 times no answer My application received on mars 7 and still waiting the fax number is 18558528316 i dont know now how I can contact him the phone it’s almost impossible any help pleas thx
Were you able to fax it?
Many people have couriered/used canada post to send the documents. please see if that is a option as well

Costa5053

Star Member
Jul 30, 2021
Were you able to fax it?
Many people have couriered/used canada post to send the documents. please see if that is a option as well
To the number she give me I just call she say call after 5 days to see if it’s in the system but I have the confirmation the fax was send it and she say after that u have to wait 20 days to recive you passport that mean more than 3 month offfffffff
Same time defend the agent u talk with this one looks less experience I will call Monday again bc this to much

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
To the number she give me I just call she say call after 5 days to see if it’s in the system but I have the confirmation the fax was send it and she say after that u have to wait 20 days to recive you passport that mean more than 3 month offfffffff
Same time defend the agent u talk with this one looks less experience I will call Monday again bc this to much
If you are waiting for 2 months you can try email/phone your MP (Member of parliament) office. They can make your file move faster

kapil_takeit_easy

Jul 15, 2016
How do you get to someone on phone ? On calling the customer service number they have the standard voice message on how to apply and all that stuff and then ends with saying all agents are busy.. I know someone here posted few weeks ago that if you get that message we need to disconnect and try again till we get another option like "applying in Canada or outside country"...

My app was mailed (from USA) on reached on March 21st
Credit card charged on March 24th
Passport status - No idea.. called them 3 weeks ago and was able to get through to someone by phone and he said "I am making recommendation to issue you passport by May 13th given your travel and I should get it by then" but I still don't know what is the status...

someone please help to find out how to get through the recorded message to an actual rep :(.

kapil_takeit_easy

Jul 15, 2016
So, I called yesterday around 5:30pm to inquire about the status of my application. There were 60+ people ahead of me and waited probably around 45 mins or so. Was told that my application is in process without any notes / findings on my file. It looked good per his opinion. His advice was to wait and see if the passport will arrive within 2-3 weeks. If not, call again.
How many times did you have to try to get in line for being 60th ? I have been trying for past 30 minutes (about 60 times) and still get recoded message about "For general info on how to apply...."...

fotkifolkslove

Dec 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Whats up with these people charging the card on April 27 and still no updates.

Applied on March 29,
CC charge April 27

Nothing?

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
Finally, after a very long journey, got my passport today, although my wife still has not got hers even though we both applied together at the same time in Service Canada. Is this normal?

Thanks to everyone for their support throughout this journey and wish everyone here the very best of luck and hope you all get your passports soon!

My timeline:

Applied for passport in person at our local (Vancouver) service Canada on March 5th (normal application - no travel arrangement)

• Love
Reactions: aacan and maissom

fastrider

May 12, 2022
Here is my timeline.
Mailed in application (for my baby) on April 1st to Gatineau
Received on April 5th
CC charged April 29th.
When I call they say it is still being processed, no sign of printing or anything.

Travel date is May 29th.

Congratulations to those who got their passports and good luck to all.

Reactions: maissom

canpr123

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
Called the Toll free number (1‑800‑567‑6868) yesterday around 5pm EST. Had to dial some 20 times to get through. Do press 1 and then listen to the first line ("Office closed on May 23rd"). As soon as the recording starts on "How to apply for a passport", I dropped off and tried again and again till i got lucky with the message "“if you are applying within Canada press 1”. I was 120th person in queue and took approximately 40 mins to get through and talk to an agent. He informed that everything looked good in my file and I should receive the passport by end of May. I sent the application on March 16th. Received on March 17th. CC charged on April 12th. Normal in-mail non-urgent application. No upcoming travels. Ottawa applicant.

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
How do you get to someone on phone ? On calling the customer service number they have the standard voice message on how to apply and all that stuff and then ends with saying all agents are busy.. I know someone here posted few weeks ago that if you get that message we need to disconnect and try again till we get another option like "applying in Canada or outside country"...

My app was mailed (from USA) on reached on March 21st
Credit card charged on March 24th
Passport status - No idea.. called them 3 weeks ago and was able to get through to someone by phone and he said "I am making recommendation to issue you passport by May 13th given your travel and I should get it by then" but I still don't know what is the status...

someone please help to find out how to get through the recorded message to an actual rep :(.
did you try this?

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/canadian-passport-in-person-timeline.748892/post-10070027

fastrider

May 12, 2022
I managed to get someone of Passport Canada on the phone. Due to travel date approaching they transferred my application to the local passport office and told me they would call me.
Do they actually transfer the paper files from Gatineau to the local office (delays..) or is it just an electronic transfer of scanned documents ?