+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
does anyone know if they actually call the guarantor? it has been 2 months since we applied and the card only got charged 3 weeks ago but haven't received any calls and neither has the guarantor.
If it has been two months may be contact your MP. If they intervene you might get quick processing

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
Just for information for anyone applying from outside of Canada, I was told 8 week wait turnaround time for me....I'm applying from the UK. They said not to contact before for a status update, my other gripe is that given the investment and money they take from applicants....can they simply not build a tracing system that shows you where your passport is in the process?
Having applied for a British passport from Canada I was able to see at certain points where it had reached and finally when it had been dispatched....yes I know maybe it's rocket science.

Corgi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Thank you for responding. Though the agent told me to call next week, when I calculate the business days, I will be within the 10 business days for travel this Thursday (because of Victoria Day holiday).. I will dedicate a block of time to just keep calling them till I get through and try to make them transfer the file to my local PO.. glad that you finally received your passport in hand! Congrats!
Thank you! Definitely been a bit of an anxious process. I hope you are able to transfer yours on Thursday!

Reactions: anjuku

utopir

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
I am flying on the 30th of this month and still nothing. I am getting very worried. They received our applications (mine and newborn)on March 31 and when I called last week they could only tell me it was under examination. My last option will be to ask for urgent processing 10 business days before my travel, which would be.... this coming Friday? (there is Victoria Day on the 23rd)
Edit: Trying to get hold of them now and there are 411 calls ahead of me...
Edit 2: the agent I talked to was much more helpful than the previous one. While my file is STILL under examination, she has put a note with my travel dates. This will hopefully speed things up. She said that there is a chance for me to get it by mail but to call back on the 16 if there is no movement and they will transfer my file to the local office. This is a bit nerve-wracking.

Last edited:

Canada_freak

Star Member
Mar 25, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,
Here is my mail-in application timeline:

Application sent to Gatineau :April 12 , 2022
Application Received: April 13 , 2022
CC Charged : May 10, 2022

As I did not provide any travel dates , I expect longer waiting times.

Wish this last episode of Immigrating to Canada ends well for everyone .
I look forward to delete IRCC website from my bookmarks and take a long break.

Last edited:

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
My application was delivered on April 1st and my CC hasn't been charged yet. Should I be concerned?
Dude, maybe you're the lucky one that they forgot to charge and gets their passport made for freeeee! :cool:

In seriousness though, with the current backlogs it might just be down to that - worth calling them up (if you can get to them) and asking for a status update on your application.

Reactions: karimelkerm

susanms

May 10, 2022
My application was delivered on April 1st and my CC hasn't been charged yet. Should I be concerned?
Our application was delivered on April 1st also. April 28th they charged our CC. Took 1 month also for there "status update", which says 3 days, from website, which was a generic reply, sadly.

CaptBasil

May 10, 2022
Hi Guys,
Here is my mail-in application timeline:

Application sent to Gatineau :April 12 , 2022
Application Received: April 13 , 2022
CC Charged : May 10, 2022

As I did not provide any travel dates , I expect longer waiting times.

Wish this last episode of Immigrating to Canada ends well for everyone .
I look forward to delete IRCC website from my bookmarks and take a long break.
Hello my application time is almost the same as yours:

App received in Ottawa (sent to Gatineau address): April 12
Cc charged: May 8

Reactions: Canada_freak

carson2345

May 11, 2022
hey all!!
I applied in-person at a regular service Canada centre on April 4th. I put a travel date on the application as I travel on the 21st of may. I am calling them tomorrow right at 7:30 to get an update on my passport as I'm worried that they haven't even processed it. Has anyone been to the dt toronto location using the urgent pick up? If I have not received my passport by Tuesday the 17th I will be going into the dt passport centre to get urgent pick up and pay the $110 fee. Will I be guaranteed to get the passport or will I be turned away? What if my passport is in the mail when I go to the urgent pick up? And it does not deliver before I go on my trip. Can I cancel the one in the mail and get an urgent pick-up one?

ScienceCAN

Jan 5, 2021
I am getting very pissed off at this whole situation. I mailed my application March 16th and so far I have not heard a word from them. No status update, no credit card charge. They have my citizenship certificate and honestly, I am wondering if they lost my application. I call and call and only get the recorded message.

ScienceCAN

Jan 5, 2021
I am getting very pissed off at this whole situation. I mailed my application March 16th and so far I have not heard a word from them. No status update, no credit card charge. They have my citizenship certificate and honestly, I am wondering if they lost my application. I call and call and only get the recorded message.
I checked my credit card charges once again this morning after having sent the above message and I was finally charged for the passport. So here is my timeline so far:
Passport sent March 16th
Passport received at Mississauga March 18th
Credit card charged May 11th