Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hello

do u know if

Hi

Do you know if i can apply in person for my baby?
my husband has filled the application and he is primary on the application but can i go in and apply?
Yes you can apply for the child.

asterixfanboy

Star Member
Jul 28, 2021
do u mind asking how was the line up ?
what time did u get there and did u go to passport office or service Canada/passport office ?
Not at all.. I reached at 7:30 am and the line up was already at 30+ people waiting in queue. I went to the passport office because that's where you save 2 weeks.. if you submit at Service Canada it will be with them for 10 days before it gets sent to Passport Office. so best bet is to go to the passport office.. in person and if you have a travel itinerary and tickets you can show them (they did not ask me since my travel was in June)....but i explained this to the verification officer that I have to apply for a visa for my travel in June.... The documents will be verified and your originals returned to you.. once that is done.... the application will be accepted and you will be given a mail out date, file number in a green slip... which will give you a tentative ETA of when you can expect your passports... my passports arrived before the mail out date..

Reactions: armoured

tanya k

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
Not at all.. I reached at 7:30 am and the line up was already at 30+ people waiting in queue. I went to the passport office because that's where you save 2 weeks.. if you submit at Service Canada it will be with them for 10 days before it gets sent to Passport Office. so best bet is to go to the passport office.. in person and if you have a travel itinerary and tickets you can show them (they did not ask me since my travel was in June)....but i explained this to the verification officer that I have to apply for a visa for my travel in June.... The documents will be verified and your originals returned to you.. once that is done.... the application will be accepted and you will be given a mail out date, file number in a green slip... which will give you a tentative ETA of when you can expect your passports... my passports arrived before the mail out date..
THANK YOU SO MUCH

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Did they give you mail out date in 2 weeks even though you had jun travel?

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
I applied on 30th march with 29 april mail out date. Nothing yet on 2 May 2022... :(

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
I applied on 30th march with 29 april mail out date. Nothing yet on 2 May 2022... :(
March 21st Applied, Mail out 20th APril. No one answers the phone, the automated boring voice says we are busy and hungs up after telling go here, go there and all for 2 days, 25 days . Last week when i called more than 300 people waiting, got someone and told the cold news that need to wait 1 or 2 more months as they have high volume, YOUR APPLICATION NOT APPROVED YET, WE received it but not looked at it. that was after 31 days of submission at Service Canada past the dealine.

I could have gone to passport office with tickets (Many ways to get cheaper ticket and even fully refundable tickets, i did that for visotrs visa for parents & mother in law , i thought to respect the people really in need and now i see Service Canada abusing my gesture, a belnder i made first time and never will repeat this). After suggest, My staff bought tickets and got passports for her sisters and herslef and they cancelled ticket and got refund too. I am counting rain drops .

asterixfanboy

Star Member
Jul 28, 2021
March 21st Applied, Mail out 20th APril. No one answers the phone, the automated boring voice says we are busy and hungs up after telling go here, go there and all for 2 days, 25 days . Last week when i called more than 300 people waiting, got someone and told the cold news that need to wait 1 or 2 more months as they have high volume, YOUR APPLICATION NOT APPROVED YET, WE received it but not looked at it. that was after 31 days of submission at Service Canada past the dealine.

I could have gone to passport office with tickets (Many ways to get cheaper ticket and even fully refundable tickets, i did that for visotrs visa for parents & mother in law , i thought to respect the people really in need and now i see Service Canada abusing my gesture, a belnder i made first time and never will repeat this). After suggest, My staff bought tickets and got passports for her sisters and herslef and they cancelled ticket and got refund too. I am counting rain drops .
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/canadian-passport-mail-in-application-timelines.703707/page-266#post-10057985

Here is a tip to save others time when they call Passport helpdesk.

1)Select language by pressing 1 for English and 2 for French

2) If it takes you to the pre recorded message that gives instructions on where and how to apply for passport, just disconnect the call as it will play for a minute and disconnect itself.

If it asks if you’re applying from Canada or Outside Canada, it means you will get a spot in the queue. Stay on the call and select options as prompted.

This is new in the IVR options apparently to keep the queue small around 200 + people. It takes a while to get into the queue as you have to keep trying again and again but the wait time would be an hour or less once you get into the queue.

I called today with both of my phones (kept the second phone as backup if the first call disconnects) and reached out in less than an hour started with 240 people ahead of me.

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
This one works.. i did this exact same thing on Friday.. Check post above..
Thanks for the Tip, sure i will try tomorrow. 42 days till date since applied.

nc_positiveguy

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Just curious....I applied in person on 19th April at Service Canada office in North York (as Passport Office was only entertaining walk-in for travel within 26 days or less!). The staff was very polite and efficient and asked me to wait for 20 days before I can start tracking.

1. I forgot to ask where do I track? - Mail out date is 17th May and I was advised that I will get it by 25th May. If I don't get it by then I was advised to call in.
  2. Am I dreaming if I think I WILL GET IT by the estimated date?

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
Just curious....I applied in person on 19th April at Service Canada office in North York (as Passport Office was only entertaining walk-in for travel within 26 days or less!). The staff was very polite and efficient and asked me to wait for 20 days before I can start tracking.

1. I forgot to ask where do I track? - Mail out date is 17th May and I was advised that I will get it by 25th May. If I don't get it by then I was advised to call in.
  2. Am I dreaming if I think I WILL GET IT by the estimated date?
A) There is no tracking system
B) The timelines are increased
C) You need to call the Service Canada Passport Number on the recept you got, they might have mentioned if not got by 25th May call this Number (1-800-567-6868)
D) When you cal the lines are busy, so followthe advise from @asterixfanboy
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/canadian-passport-mail-in-application-timelines.703707/page-266#post-10057985
E) If you get on the given time you would be one of the lucky guys here , because Service canada is bit late compared to passport office, without urgent processing from Passport office, In general from Service Canada applications takes longer than the given dates, Not to descourage you but keep you strong if you don;t get on time. I know how it would be after passing 15 days Since mail out and they said they haven;t even looked at the application. I am calling them today again.
F) There is a Webform to fill, but they never replied to my emails.

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
Finally got to speak to someone and she said, she will do a file transfer if i am interested to the nearest Passport office and that would cost 45 per application and in total 3 applications, but she can not do my Wife and Son application until my wife calls for Herself and for the child as she is the one who signed the application (Applicant section).

When she asked if I had a travel plan, I said Yes, May 28th (that's not true but yeah i gave it a try).

so it looks like they will file a transfer to expedite the process. When I asked how long does it take to get the Passport with the normal delays as it passed 2 weeks from mail out, she said, no guarantee, truth is there is no timeline, we will tell you 2 weeks to 2 months and which is truly no guarantee. I feel like she wants to sell me the 45 dollars per application file transfer.:)

i said, i will change the ticket to 28 June and will see if i can get it by May 28th , again she said no guarantee if you can get it by June 28th so i would suggest you to go for the file transfer.

She ask me where i need to travel, I said India, and she said, you need Visa and you may need passport 2 weeks ahead for the travel date, i understand your situation sir, I recommend you to go for file transfer, you can discuss with your wife and call us we are open until 8pm EST and keep calling from 3 pm so that you may get on the line while your wife will back from school. so we can confirm with her and will do the file transfer. I will email the Service Canada office to send your Son;s DOB original immediately to the passport office to collect along with the passport.

now i have to think , really do i need to expedite and take the passport with file transfer.

by the way it got connected after 54 times dialling , once again thank you @asterixfanboy for the Tip.

Reactions: asterixfanboy