+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

Edifytech

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
I do not have any plans to travel. Could go to US for a weekend if things get too slow just because I did not mention a travel date on the application. Does the travel have to be something with serious reason or any travel like a 2 day visit to say Dallas justifiable?

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
I do not have any plans to travel. Could go to US for a weekend if things get too slow just because I did not mention a travel date on the application. Does the travel have to be something with serious reason or any travel like a 2 day visit to say Dallas justifiable?
Nobody cares why you travel. Passport office staff just need some documentation to prioritise your application for processing. That is the only use of travel plan/tickets.

Reactions: Edifytech

Sosad1234

Nov 19, 2021
Hi, all.
I have a quick question:
The passport application needs an ID, like driver licence. If I apply in-person, do I need to prepare the copy of my driver licence?
Or the staff just check my original driver licence?

Thank you!

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
Also surrender certificate process can be completed without Canadian passport, better get that done as it takes around 20+ days for that as well

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
Hi, all.
I have a quick question:
The passport application needs an ID, like driver licence. If I apply in-person, do I need to prepare the copy of my driver licence?
Or the staff just check my original driver licence?

Thank you!
Not required. Original is verified and returned

MarcAnthony

Star Member
Dec 20, 2015
So I went to the Kitchener Passport Office yesterday, a breakdown of the experience:

- Arrived at 6:50 AM, there's parking at the back of the building it's $2 per 1/2 hour (just a FYI). There was a line already, about 15 people. The security opened the doors to the building at 7:00 AM and we were able to go inside the building and be WARM!
- We lined up and around 8:15-ish, one of the security guards for the passport office came outside and asked who had an appointment or was picking up a passport. Surprisingly i think just one lady was picking up, no one came identified they had an appointment.
- After about 5 mins the guard came back out and asked who was travelling before May 12th (my assumption was that it's to identify people travelling within 15 business days) and also confirmed we were all paying with credit card. He didn't mention anything about debit cards or cash.
- I'm travelling on May 17th, and had to join a separate line. My line was allowed to enter the office first (at around 8:25 AM) and then the before May 12th people came in like 2 mins after. There were two separate queues, I believe our line was considered "Drop Offs". The security guard was counting down to 8:30 AM lol, it was quite funny. He even did a 10 second countdown...hilarious lol.
- I was the 3rd person in my line. The process was super simple. Gave documents to the officer, he reviewed and checked that everything was good, he copied my certificate of citizenship and gave it back to me right away. You have to fill out a credit card authorization slip, basically just fill in credit card info and the amount ($120 for 5 year passport/$160 for 10 year passport). They didn't specify if the credit card needs to be in your name. There were no additional fees required.
- They didn't ask for proof of travel (hopefully he didn't forget in error lol) and he said that I will get the passport in 10 business days. I noticed that the people travelling before May 12th had to go to another window after one officer checked their docs and asked them some questions, some had to sit and wait. I assume the officers were reviewing their documents and processing payments.
- I was done by 8:38 AM and by the time I was walking out, there were about 80 - 100 people in the line.

Overall - Very simple and smooth process, the staff is super friendly and organized. Counting down my 10 business days lol, I'll provide an update when it comes in.

Hope this helps anyone thinking of going to the Kitchener office!
So i got my passport y'all!!!!! If you're able to go to Kitchener..DO IT!!

Application Submitted - April 20th
Credit Card Charged - April 25th
Passport Issued - May 3rd
Passport Shipped - May 4th
Passport Delivered (Toronto) - May 5th

Kitchener came through y'all!!! That early morning drive was worth it hahaha

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Anyone applied in Windsor Passport office?

Reactions: Edifytech

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
So i got my passport y'all!!!!! If you're able to go to Kitchener..DO IT!!

Application Submitted - April 20th
Credit Card Charged - April 25th
Passport Issued - May 3rd
Passport Shipped - May 4th
Passport Delivered (Toronto) - May 5th

Kitchener came through y'all!!! That early morning drive was worth it hahaha
Love my city Kitchener ! …except for that $2 per half hour parking fee congrats !

nc_positiveguy

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
A) There is no tracking system
B) The timelines are increased
C) You need to call the Service Canada Passport Number on the recept you got, they might have mentioned if not got by 25th May call this Number (1-800-567-6868)
D) When you cal the lines are busy, so followthe advise from @asterixfanboy
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/canadian-passport-mail-in-application-timelines.703707/page-266#post-10057985
E) If you get on the given time you would be one of the lucky guys here , because Service canada is bit late compared to passport office, without urgent processing from Passport office, In general from Service Canada applications takes longer than the given dates, Not to descourage you but keep you strong if you don;t get on time. I know how it would be after passing 15 days Since mail out and they said they haven;t even looked at the application. I am calling them today again.
F) There is a Webform to fill, but they never replied to my emails.
Thanks Alex for your response...

Per C) above , yes she said to call the 1800 number if I don't get it by 25th May but she sounded very confident that I should get it.

My question is that I didn't have a travel need for 26+ days back then but if I have some upcoming plans is there any option to expedite the processing now?

Not sure if anyone else has been in the same situation.

Has anyone applied for regular processing at SC Location at North York and have received the PP in time or with minimal delays?

Regards,
NC

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
Thanks Alex for your response...

Per C) above , yes she said to call the 1800 number if I don't get it by 25th May but she sounded very confident that I should get it.

My question is that I didn't have a travel need for 26+ days back then but if I have some upcoming plans is there any option to expedite the processing now?

Not sure if anyone else has been in the same situation.

Has anyone applied for regular processing at SC Location at North York and have received the PP in time or with minimal delays?

Regards,
NC
Hi,

Call again and if your dates are very near , they will consider even if not very near but you need to get a visa for other country, they will do file transfer with some chanrge, in the same forum it was mentioned, they were charged 20 dollars for file transfer and got the passport quickly (need to pick up from the nearest passport office). for me they ask 45 dollars.

3bdullahibra

Jul 26, 2018
Booked an appointment at the Gerrard Square Service Canada Center in Toronto and the process was very smooth. Appointment was at 1:30pm and I got there 10 mins early. They called my name up at exactly 1:30 and skipped the line. I was out and driving away by 1:45pm. The expected mail out date for the passport is May 9. Good luck to everyone and I hope your appointments go as smooth as mine!
Called today to check on the status. They said to expect a 2-3 week delay to the expected date (May 9).

• Wow
Reactions: harirajmohan