+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
This is insane. To submit your applications more than 25 business days, and then be charged express fees to expedite the process. I am afraid this will happen to me as I have travel plans in April. Anyway, since the supporting documents returned to you, it means your applications have been approved most likely, and passports are in printing. Why did you ask to transfer the applications? Do you have travel plans? Because I don't think they transfer files without a proof of travel soon, do they?
@CaBeaver
Do they return all the supporting documents or just the originals like Citizenship Certificate? Did you get yours already?

action.me

May 7, 2021
I do have travel plans scheduled on April 9th with the family. They didn't ask for proof of travel. The person I spoke to at Passport Canada said transferring the applications give the best chances of getting your passports on time. I will file a complaint to have the transfer fee re-imbursed if not the express fee as well. All I did was follow the guidelines online and now being finanically penalized for it.
If they reply lol.

debz1986

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
Canada
I send my passport application by mail on 7th Feb and was received in Passport Office Quebec on 8th Feb. But no movement post that. I have tried calling up the passport call center and they just have a standard reply that it is in progress. It's been 42 days now which seems like way longer than their processing time of 20 business days. I even missed seeing my grandad in the last days of his life & his funeral since I couldn't travel out of the country without a passport to visit him even though I had requested to expedite my passport! Is anyone else in the same boat of waiting more than double their said timeline?

2020mtl

Mar 23, 2022
Citizenship App delivered: Feb 09th 11:32am (sent via Fedex to courier address in Gatineau. Signed for.)
Requested tracking: March 3rd (response: not in system yet)
It's 30 working days later and my credit card has still not been charged yet.

Can't get through to anyone on the phone. I have my destination wedding coming up and am really worried. I have requested tracking again. Any suggestions. I just wish I knew it was under examination or at least the card was charged. Any others sent to the courier address? I'm wondering if that was my mistake.

Reactions: taekwondo

debz1986

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
Canada
Citizenship App delivered: Feb 09th 11:32am (sent via Fedex to courier address in Gatineau. Signed for.)

Can't get through to anyone on the phone. I have my destination wedding coming up and am really worried. I have requested tracking again. Any suggestions. I just wish I knew it was under examination or at least the card was charged. Any others sent to the courier address? I'm wondering if that was my mistake.
I'm in same spot as you - app delivered on Feb 8th. Nothing after that.

Reactions: taekwondo

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015

Sending application via courier shouldn’t affect your application anyway as long as it is safely delivered to the Passport Program.

I would suggest raising a complaint online (takes up to 12 work days to expect a reply) with all the details like your wedding invitation, hotel booking, flight tickets etc AND try to reach out through their help desk over phone. It is not impossible to get hold of them over phone but I know it takes even 4 hours to get someone on the line.

Good luck with your destination wedding.

gcamp

Mar 22, 2022
Got my passport!!!

App Sent: February 12
Web request sent: March 3
Web request reply: March 8 saying application received
CC: Charged March 9
Tracking Notification: March 21
Delivered: March 23rd
Did they email you the tracking notification? I have a similar timeline and was told when I called that it’s in the production stage and could still be 2 weeks before I get it. There were no issues with the application. I don’t understand how some take so little time and others take months! Congrats on getting yours!

ertrenks

Mar 17, 2022
Did they email you the tracking notification? I have a similar timeline and was told when I called that it’s in the production stage and could still be 2 weeks before I get it. There were no issues with the application. I don’t understand how some take so little time and others take months! Congrats on getting yours!
I had to call and put a request in. Honestly mine was so straightforward yet took forever. Its so frustrating. I am so sick of everywhere using covid as an excuse

Reactions: CAPALUAE