+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

kd216

Sep 24, 2020
I sent my application on Feb 21 and delivered Feb 24 but until now my CC still not charged. Do you guys think I have to call in to check? I sent webform 2 weeks ago but still no reply yet.

smitsmart

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
Med's Done....
30-06-2017
LANDED..........
21-10-2017
I sent my application on Feb 21 and delivered Feb 24 but until now my CC still not charged. Do you guys think I have to call in to check? I sent webform 2 weeks ago but still no reply yet.
Same for me buddy! Not charged yet. I called them holding for more than 1.5 hours and they say, it is under examination. Call us next week. We might have some update.

Reactions: kd216

tarekh

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
Stay for tomorrow and call them on Friday. Hopefully, you will get good news tomorrow.

Reactions: kd216

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
How one will get the tracking details of the passport? Do they email you or call you?
My guess is if you've sent an update request, and they respond after sending out the documents, they include the tracking details in the reply. Another way to obtain these details is to call them, but this route is tediously long.

regalkp123

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
My guess is if you've sent an update request, and they respond after sending out the documents, they include the tracking details in the reply. Another way to obtain these details is to call them, but this route is tediously long.
I called them and saw that my CC has been charged on 18th March.

I am not sure how will it take to print the passport? Another 2 months

Reactions: CaBeaver

waiting1984

Mar 23, 2022
Sent 3 of my children's passport applications and received in Quebec February 15th via Fedex. No CC charge and no record of it being in the system after the 25th business day. Called in last Friday to push through a transfer request to Gatineau office for pickup. Got a call from someone with unknown number taking down my CC info and confirming the extra charges to transfer (once the transfer in complete) Called yesterday and still no sign of documents in system when asked if the transfer is complete. Not sure what else to do at this point as I've read that people with later timelines have already had their CC charged and or received their passports. Just while I was writing this, the birth certificates came via expresspost. Still dont know what thre status of passports are. AND on top of all this I'm being charged $45 each child + $50 each for urgent pickup...

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Sent 3 of my children's passport applications and received in Quebec February 15th via Fedex. No CC charge and no record of it being in the system after the 25th business day. Called in last Friday to push through a transfer request to Gatineau office for pickup. Got a call from someone with unknown number taking down my CC info and confirming the extra charges to transfer (once the transfer in complete) Called yesterday and still no sign of documents in system when asked if the transfer is complete. Not sure what else to do at this point as I've read that people with later timelines have already had their CC charged and or received their passports. Just while I was writing this, the birth certificates came via expresspost. Still dont know what thre status of passports are. AND on top of all this I'm being charged $45 each child + $50 each for urgent pickup...
This is insane. To submit your applications more than 25 business days, and then be charged express fees to expedite the process. I am afraid this will happen to me as I have travel plans in April. Anyway, since the supporting documents returned to you, it means your applications have been approved most likely, and passports are in printing. Why did you ask to transfer the applications? Do you have travel plans? Because I don't think they transfer files without a proof of travel soon, do they?

Reactions: waiting1984

waiting1984

Mar 23, 2022
I do have travel plans scheduled on April 9th with the family. They didn't ask for proof of travel. The person I spoke to at Passport Canada said transferring the applications give the best chances of getting your passports on time. I will file a complaint to have the transfer fee re-imbursed if not the express fee as well. All I did was follow the guidelines online and now being finanically penalized for it.

daniel0o0

Mar 21, 2022
Why didn't you mail the signed photocopies? Now your situation is clearer. The delay is excessive, but it seems there is a miscommunication.
When I applied in Nov I accidentally signed the photocopies instead of my guarantor. The reason we used fax instead of mail in Dec to send the correct signature is because passport Canada told me to use fax.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I do have travel plans scheduled on April 9th with the family. They didn't ask for proof of travel. The person I spoke to at Passport Canada said transferring the applications give the best chances of getting your passports on time. I will file a complaint to have the transfer fee re-imbursed if not the express fee as well. All I did was follow the guidelines online and now being finanically penalized for it.
Yes, I would file a complaint, too. It doesn't make sense to issue some passports in 3 weeks and others in 8 weeks. It should be a straightforward process to everyone whose file is complete. I will file a complaint if I don't receive my passport by next week, which would mark 40 days after receiving my application.