+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

Strawberry91

Star Member
Dec 7, 2021
It doesn’t matter the reason for the flight, just show a booking. Also, If you show an urgent flight booking, you will not need to pay the extra fee for express pick-up.
Oh wow thank you again!! Yeah I’m in Calgary and in general their performances are not very good as everything happens in slow motion I feel like. So I started preparing things like I’m gonna go to the passport office and get some information. January 4th oath, january 31th flight, if I request urgent ones for both certificate and passport It doesn’t look impossible right? I kinda wanna buy the flexible tickets just in case if they can’t do things on time. I may need to pay more I guess. Just flight tickets enough or do I need to show them my hotel reservations as well? Thank you!!

LizzyBob

Nov 26, 2015
NOC Code......
Oh wow thank you again!! Yeah I’m in Calgary and in general their performances are not very good as everything happens in slow motion I feel like. So I started preparing things like I’m gonna go to the passport office and get some information. January 4th oath, january 31th flight, if I request urgent ones for both certificate and passport It doesn’t look impossible right? I kinda wanna buy the flexible tickets just in case if they can’t do things on time. I may need to pay more I guess. Just flight tickets enough or do I need to show them my hotel reservations as well? Thank you!!
Like I’ve said before, it is possible to make it for your flight, do your best to get both the certificate and passport with urgent processing. You do not need to show a hotel booking. Most flight bookings these days are already flexible for free, because of the virus and lockdowns. Make sure your ticket is fully refundable as well.

It’s not so complicated, you have all the info you need, stop worrying about it. Goodluck

Reactions: Strawberry91

LizzyBob

Nov 26, 2015
NOC Code......
Curious Question: After completing the oath and getting the citizenship certificate; did anyone here receive any other documents in the mail: like a congratulatory letter from your MP or registration letter into the national register of electors?

The reason I’m asking is because there were sections in the citizenship application form to receive correspondence from the above mentioned. (See section 17 of the form)

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
Curious Question: After completing the oath and getting the citizenship certificate; did anyone here receive any other documents in the mail: like a congratulatory letter from your MP or registration letter into the national register of electors?

The reason I’m asking is because there were sections in the citizenship application form to receive correspondence from the above mentioned. (See section 17 of the form)
Didn't get any of those

btoronto

Star Member
May 6, 2014

Yes, I did receive a congratulatory letter from my MP but like 3 months after my oath.

LizzyBob

Nov 26, 2015
NOC Code......
Yes, I did receive a congratulatory letter from my MP but like 3 months after my oath.
Ok that’s great, have you gotten anything from the electors register?

Was there any sensitive information on the MPs congratulations letter, i just recently changed address and I think the letter might go to my old place and I wouldn’t want them to have my private info.

btoronto

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Ok that’s great, have you gotten anything from the electors register?

Was there any sensitive information on the MPs congratulations letter, i just recently changed address and I think the letter might go to my old place and I wouldn’t want them to have my private info.
I received the electors register info, but it was for the Federal Elections in September. Don't think you'd get anything about that until the next elections.

No sensitive information, just my full name.

mintmint

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
Hi all, I intend to apply for my first time passport. In requirement, CIC ask for 2 reference, Can I add my aunts' name, who NOT live with me, as my reference?

Thank you

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
Dear Friends,

Please let me know the timeline between passport application submitted and received at Service Canada Offices.. Especially on Montreal area.

How many days it will take between them

Thanks

Reactions: girgir