+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I put the flight ticket at the bottom page and he told me that he didn't need it and just returned it to me. I went there twice as my guarantor forgot to sign the photo and I didn't bring the flight ticket the second time.
You were lucky, or maybe they started to relax requirements. I hope it's the latter. I would like to apply in person but I have no immediate travel plans.

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You were lucky, or maybe they started to relax requirements. I hope it's the latter. I would like to apply in person but I have no immediate travel plans.
This requirement is new and I doubt it will last... my friends told me that they never asked for flight tickets to get the passport before. The only thing the officer cared about was the travel date. He said they would make sure people would get it prior to the travel date. If you want it within a couple days then you will need to pay extra. He also said he wanted me to be out there as quickly as possible. lol

Reactions: kathychang

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
This requirement is new and I doubt it will last... my friends told me that they never asked for flight tickets to get the passport before. The only thing the officer cared about was the travel date. He said they would make sure people would get it prior to the travel date. If you want it within a couple days then you will need to pay extra.
With in person option the passport takes 10 business days to be issued (normally processing time), while in mail it takes 25 business days. I am OK with 10 business days. But the important thing I wouldn't need to send my original citizenship certificate with my application, and provide signed copies of IDs. I would also pay on the spot. Many advantages over the mail. This requirement was added just with the spread of Omicron at the beginning of Jan. Before that it was not required, but you had to wait 2-3 weeks for your appointment date, or walk-in and wait 3-4 hours or something

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
With in person option the passport takes 10 business days to be issued (normally processing time), while in mail it takes 25 business days. I am OK with 10 business days. But the important thing I wouldn't need to send my original citizenship certificate with my application, and provide signed copies of IDs. I would also pay on the spot. Many advantages over the mail. This requirement was added just with the spread of Omicron at the beginning of Jan. Before that it was not required, but you had to wait 2-3 weeks for your appointment date, or walk-in and wait 3-4 hours or something
No, I got the appointment for the next day.... I also didn't wait for that long... first time I went in there I waited less than 5 mins. The second time I waited for 15 mins or so because it got busy. I guess it all depends on the local office's availability.

And yes, I didn't wanna mail out the true and only copy of my citizenship certificate... that's why I wanted to apply it in person. With that officer's reaction, that's why I thought that I shouldn't have purchased any flight tickets at all. I had to cancel it.

Reactions: CaBeaver

kathychang

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
Passport application

Office : Mississauga
Submitted : February 14 2022
Pickup date : February 17 2022
hey, just wondering how does it work in terms of pick up?
I have an appointment tomorrow
Did they give you any paper for pick up date to show security?

squirmish_fellow

Mar 31, 2017
Are any of the Passport Office/Service Canada in Ontario still accepting walk-in applications without appointment?
My appointment was on 10th. At 830am toronto location. there was a lady who walked in without appointment.
the guard handed her a form to fill on the spot. and asked her to wait in the regular line. She went to the service canada room filled the form and had no trouble.

I would suggest - give it a shot - be there first thing in the morning. Have all docs ready - and you wont have to wait for 10-15 days for the appointment.
its worth a shot in my opinion.
i would have done it if i knew this was possible and not have waited 10-11 days

squirmish_fellow

Mar 31, 2017
lucky you! I wish i had that officer! Great
Adding to it - my tickets were scanned by the officer.

Seeing multiple opinion for your flight tickets- it does boil down to the fact- when you are in the last stage of immigration journey - its best to be risk averse - and have tickets ready - even if it is a cancelable one.

You wouldn't want to be stuck in case you are asked. If you are not asked - then great!

abhispat

Dec 18, 2013
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Send to CIO 20 May 2015 File Received by CIO 26 May 2015
Doc's Request.
6th September 2015
Nomination.....
21st April 2015
AOR Received.
05th August 2015
IELTS Request
Provide with application
File Transfer...
20th August 2015
Med's Request
7th September 2015
Med's Done....
15th September 2015
Passport Req..
8th Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
12th Feb 2016
My appointment was on 10th. At 830am toronto location. there was a lady who walked in without appointment.
the guard handed her a form to fill on the spot. and asked her to wait in the regular line. She went to the service canada room filled the form and had no trouble.

I would suggest - give it a shot - be there first thing in the morning. Have all docs ready - and you wont have to wait for 10-15 days for the appointment.
its worth a shot in my opinion.
i would have done it if i knew this was possible and not have waited 10-11 days
Thanks for response. I am thinking to give it a try to Brampton Service Canada as it is close to my home or should I try other least crowded locations?