+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

squirmish_fellow

Mar 31, 2017
But they say not to finalize any travel plans before you receive your passport. What if I paid for tickets and then I don't get the passport on time? Also, do they question the reason of travel if it's emergency or visit ... etc?
this is the greyest area here.
they would need the-ticket without exception to process the application in person.

And the trip has to be within 25 business days of your appointment.

best bet is to book a journey with refundable or change options.

i had to apply for my us work visa. I was under the impression- an offer letter would work.
Far from it. They wanted me to provide future date tickets- an attorneys letter that i need the passport in 25 days and what not.

the simplest way is to show a ticket.

also they don't question the reason of travel or visit. But be prepared just in case.

Reactions: kathychang

squirmish_fellow

Mar 31, 2017
Hi
Did you choose the pick up option?
Did they advise what timelines look for standard service (courier) these days?
Hi,
I chose the courier option.
it takes 2 weeks from the appointment date to either pick up or send via courier. They said 2-3 more days over that.

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But they say not to finalize any travel plans before you receive your passport. What if I paid for tickets and then I don't get the passport on time? Also, do they question the reason of travel if it's emergency or visit ... etc?
No, he didn't ask me but I told him it was for vacation. That's why I only booked the flight tickets not the hotels. I'd suggest you to book something refundable. I ended up canceling my plan due to work.

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
this is the greyest area here.
they would need the-ticket without exception to process the application in person.

And the trip has to be within 25 business days of your appointment.

best bet is to book a journey with refundable or change options.

i had to apply for my us work visa. I was under the impression- an offer letter would work.
Far from it. They wanted me to provide future date tickets- an attorneys letter that i need the passport in 25 days and what not.

the simplest way is to show a ticket.

also they don't question the reason of travel or visit. But be prepared just in case.
I thought that flight tickets were a must but I don't think so. The officer that handled my application didn't care about the flight ticket at all. He told me that he didn't need it and just returned to me lol. But he highlighted the travel date on my application. It was very quick and simple.

kathychang

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
I thought that flight tickets were a must but I don't think so. The officer that handled my application didn't care about the flight ticket at all. He told me that he didn't need it and just returned to me lol. But he highlighted the travel date on my application. It was very quick and simple.
Hello, just wondering if you chose to pick up in person? I have my appointment this Wednesday. Getting nervous

squirmish_fellow

Mar 31, 2017
lucky you! I wish i had that officer! Great

abhispat

Dec 18, 2013
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Send to CIO 20 May 2015 File Received by CIO 26 May 2015
Doc's Request.
6th September 2015
Nomination.....
21st April 2015
AOR Received.
05th August 2015
IELTS Request
Provide with application
File Transfer...
20th August 2015
Med's Request
7th September 2015
Med's Done....
15th September 2015
Passport Req..
8th Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
12th Feb 2016
Are any of the Passport Office/Service Canada in Ontario still accepting walk-in applications without appointment?

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, just wondering if you chose to pick up in person? I have my appointment this Wednesday. Getting nervous
I chose to let them mail to my address. They mailed it out on Wednesday and I received it Friday. But I didn't check my mailbox on Wednesday/Thursday. It's within the same city so I think it could be one day delivery.

Reactions: squirmish_fellow

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
When you say he didn't care about the tickets, what do you mean? He didn't check the tickets at all?

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When you say he didn't care about the tickets, what do you mean? He didn't check the tickets at all?
I put the flight ticket at the bottom page and he told me that he didn't need it and just returned it to me. I went there twice as my guarantor forgot to sign the photo and I didn't bring the flight ticket the second time.

Reactions: CaBeaver