+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

kathychang

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
Adding to it - my tickets were scanned by the officer.

Seeing multiple opinion for your flight tickets- it does boil down to the fact- when you are in the last stage of immigration journey - its best to be risk averse - and have tickets ready - even if it is a cancelable one.

You wouldn't want to be stuck in case you are asked. If you are not asked - then great!
I just went to the passport office today. (74 Victoria st, Toronto, ON )
They actually took my flight tickets away and put it together with my application.

So downtown location, flight ticket is a must.
Only two people work at the counter today. crazy.

I asked to pick up in person, he booked an appointment for me to go back there in 2 weeks.

Reactions: squirmish_fellow

squirmish_fellow

Mar 31, 2017
Thanks for response. I am thinking to give it a try to Brampton Service Canada as it is close to my home or should I try other least crowded locations?
I would give it a shot at Brampton. You can move to other areas if that doesn’t work. Key is going as soon as they open even 15 mins before. All the best

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
What are the chances of them removing proof of travel condition for in person as Ontario will be re-opening up from March 1st?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
What are the chances of them removing proof of travel condition for in person as Ontario will be re-opening up from March 1st?
They should remove it and re-open everything normally. By 15 March Quebec and Ontario will be open at 100% capacity. It would be crazy for federal services to not follow. The virus is here to stay. We must live with it, and accept its potential effects on some, especially with the Omicron hospitalization and ICU admissions are significantly down

justhope

Star Member
Apr 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2017
Doc's Request.
12-01-2017
AOR Received.
26-01-2017
Med's Done....
18-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2017
LANDED..........
22-03-2017
Interestingly when I got a call back from passport office, the lady was very clear and adamant. She wanted to have the proof (tickets) right away on the call and not after she sets up me for an appointment. She said (100% bluffing), office will check if the ticket was purchased before setting up appointment or not when I go there. That's why, she was asking for tickets right away on the call. Eventually, I had to agree to her and end the call. I will try my luck with a different officer now (new call back). Hopefully, he/she won't ask for tickets before setting an appointment for me.

Reactions: kathychang

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
pickup my passport today morning at 9:30 am :D
  • Citizenship certificate received February 8, 2022
  • Passport application submitted February 14, 2022
  • Passport pickup February 17, 2022
Goodluck everyone.
Congrats.

May I know did you walk in to get an appointment for Passport or over the phone?
What documents were required for urgent case?

kathychang

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
Interestingly when I got a call back from passport office, the lady was very clear and adamant. She wanted to have the proof (tickets) right away on the call and not after she sets up me for an appointment. She said (100% bluffing), office will check if the ticket was purchased before setting up appointment or not when I go there. That's why, she was asking for tickets right away on the call. Eventually, I had to agree to her and end the call. I will try my luck with a different officer now (new call back). Hopefully, he/she won't ask for tickets before setting an appointment for me.
I don’t think she is bluffing though.
I went to Toronto passport office. And they took my flight ticket (not return it back to me)

kathychang

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
Does the date for the flight matter or can we just pay and request express service? Thinking of preponing my trip due to work.
the date matter, they look at the date to issue the service. I was only allowed to pay extra to pick up in person to save mailing time.