+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
You mean for urgent passport, the 2 references can be friends who are PR living in Canada and they may call both the references and guarantor. But for standard application, the chances of calling references and guarantor are almost no??

And can the guarantor be a family member also?
yes any one your home have 10 years canadian passport reference out side family member.

Reactions: msatishxp

wincanton

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Waterloo
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
07-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
None of my family members are Canadian citizens or PRs. So in that case, I'm planning to keep my lawyer who's Canadian citizen as guarantor. Is that ok?
You should be in good position, if any of your known canadian citizen provides his/her signature, valid passport number and address on your passport application. Ideally, guarantor must know you for over 2 years.

Best information about passport guarantor:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/travel-documents-references-guarantors.html

yma981

Dec 21, 2010
Visa Office......
Lebanon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
24-02-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
25-07-2013
What is the processing time of new passport these days? is it still too long like in the spring and summer ?

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
What is the processing time of new passport these days? is it still too long like in the spring and summer ?
time your choice week end service ,expedite service this service pay extra fee and standard service 10 days plus mailing service 10 days for pickup pay 20$.

Reactions: yma981

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
It seems from reports in this thread that in most cases it's more or less back to normal timelines, and that expedited ones also not a problem. Do check in advance what offices may require to apply in person at passport office (they may want proof of travel in next N days).

Reactions: yma981

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Applications submitted since mid to late October have experienced normal processing times, i.e., 2-4 weeks for regular service applied for at Service Canada without proof of travel.

Tara533

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
In-person passport application: December 8, 2022
Estimated mail arrived time on receipt: December 22, 2022

We went to the building at 12pm and finished everything at 2pm. We don’t have a guarantor and have to provide the “in lieu of guarantor form” that signed by a notary official. The actual processing time was pretty quick (~20 mins for 2 applicants).
Hi
what about references
i am also planning for natory

deweyng

Jan 11, 2022
Anyone has experience with the Passport Office in downtown Toronto (74 Victoria St). Can you just walk in as no appointment is available on their website? How long should you get there before 8:30 AM? Thanks in advance.

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
Anyone has experience with the Passport Office in downtown Toronto (74 Victoria St). Can you just walk in as no appointment is available on their website? How long should you get there before 8:30 AM? Thanks in advance.
less than 1.30hrs good to go home

GD.Iron.80

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
I'll be going to the Toronto Victoria office tomorrow to get my passport. I have a trip planned on January 14th, so I'll apply for urgent processing, just to make sure I'll get the passport in time.

Any advice on what's the best time to go there? Early morning 8:30am or 11am or after 12pm?

deweyng

Jan 11, 2022
Passport office at 74 Victoria St in downtown Toronto this morning (Dec 21)

- Arrived at 8:45 PM. Get in line to see the first screening officer. He checked whether I have all the required documents (as listed on IRCC website). Then he gave me a ticket. I then showed the ticket number to the security guard (he's very nice and super helpful!) and he put me into a group of 10. Waited for about 20 minutes before getting called to go to the 3rd floor. Masks are still required so make sure you bring one with you.

- Went up to the 3rd floor. Spoke with the 2nd screening officer and he gave me another ticket, then sat in the waiting area. Your ticket number will appear on the screen with a booth number so you know which booth you need to go to. Waited for about 1 hour and 15 mins.

- When it was my turn, I went to the booth and the case processing officer took all of my documents. She asked whether I'm traveling in the next 2 wks. etc. I paid and received a receipt (make sure you keep it!) and then exited the room. I don't plan to travel soon so they didn't ask for my proof of travel. The officer said I would receive the passport in my mailbox in 2-3 wks.

The entire process took me about 2hrs this morning, which is a lot shorter than I expected.

GD.Iron.80

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
Passport office at 74 Victoria St in downtown Toronto this morning (Dec 21)

- Arrived at 8:45 PM. Get in line to see the first screening officer. He checked whether I have all the required documents (as listed on IRCC website). Then he gave me a ticket. I then showed the ticket number to the security guard (he's very nice and super helpful!) and he put me into a group of 10. Waited for about 20 minutes before getting called to go to the 3rd floor. Masks are still required so make sure you bring one with you.

- Went up to the 3rd floor. Spoke with the 2nd screening officer and he gave me another ticket, then sat in the waiting area. Your ticket number will appear on the screen with a booth number so you know which booth you need to go to. Waited for about 1 hour and 15 mins.

- When it was my turn, I went to the booth and the case processing officer took all of my documents. She asked whether I'm traveling in the next 2 wks. etc. I paid and received a receipt (make sure you keep it!) and then exited the room. I don't plan to travel soon so they didn't ask for my proof of travel. The officer said I would receive the passport in my mailbox in 2-3 wks.

The entire process took me about 2hrs this morning, which is a lot shorter than I expected.
Thank you for this information! Looks like everything went smooth for you! I'm going there tomorrow, hoping it'll be the same! I have travel booked, but in 3 weeks, so hopefully they can consider this for an urgent application. Glad it all went well for you!

PS.
Masks are still required?! What a joke! The world has moved on and they're still pushing covid rules from a year ago. No wonder IRCC moves so slow!