+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

hastur

Aug 22, 2017
In-person passport application: December 8, 2022
Estimated mail arrived time on receipt: December 22, 2022

We went to the building at 12pm and finished everything at 2pm. We don’t have a guarantor and have to provide the “in lieu of guarantor form” that signed by a notary official. The actual processing time was pretty quick (~20 mins for 2 applicants).

Sh1234567890

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
Hi All,
Sharing my experience with the Sinclair office in downtown Vancouver. The whole process was a breeze. I went in at 840 ( the office opens at 830). Since I’m travelling tomorrow night I qualified for express/urgent processing. Everything went smoothly, the line was also shorter and quicker for urgent applications. Trying getting there at 830. I was told by my agent that the guarantor will be contacted as it’s a must for urgent applications ( they called my guarantor a few hours later asking random questions about me my place and city of birth my height weight physical attributes, where I work what exactly I do, and also asked when I was flying etc). I was told to come pick my passport next afternoon.
All in all it took me 35 mins in the centre.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
ok, thanks. how long is the wait in line and after how many weeks your passport came in ?
If u want assurance you can pay 20 bucks extra to pick up in 10 days.

Reactions: sumitbajaj07

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
That's weird.. shouldn't the transit time be taken into consideration? I mean it was not an in-person ceremony where the cert is issued the same day..
Yes its bad and shouldn’t be like that. Contact ircc to get it sorted

hastur

Aug 22, 2017
In-person passport application: December 8, 2022
Estimated mail arrived time on receipt: December 22, 2022

We went to the building at 12pm and finished everything at 2pm. We don’t have a guarantor and have to provide the “in lieu of guarantor form” that signed by a notary official. The actual processing time was pretty quick (~20 mins for 2 applicants).
Update:

My references received the call from the officer today (December 15). They missed the call and the officer contacted me and asked them to call back. They asked them questions like where I work, live and what I look like and how they knew me.

Reactions: Pearly000

wincanton

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Waterloo
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
07-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Sharing my experience with passport office Kitchener today
I had booked appointment a month before​
Oath certificate took 1 month and received in my mailbox an hour before in-person appointment for 2.30PM​
I had everything ready in forms, sign and photos, I got hold of guarantor and took signature​
Reached office by 2.25PM, we are local in Kitchener -Waterloo​
Passport office was not crowded but two applicants took over an hour at each counter, resulting delays. My turn came by 3.40PM​
I was done with passport application for family by 4.25 ( total 2 hours with advance appointment)​
Will pickup passport after 2 weeks for standard pickup service (+$20 each application)​
Hope to get passport after 2 weeks (unlike oath certificate 30 days)​
Picked up our passports in person from passport office (25 minutes - total 4 people were in line).

vkb2207

Dec 16, 2022
Hi All,

Can somebody please gudie me steps after taking canadian citizenship to relinquish Indian Citizenship? How we can travel if we need to do while these processes are ongoing?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi All,

Can somebody please gudie me steps after taking canadian citizenship to relinquish Indian Citizenship? How we can travel if we need to do while these processes are ongoing?
Cant help with that but it's important - travel to India? Super long trip? Or just short trips elsewhere?

msatishxp

Jul 30, 2013
Hi,

I believe you need 2 references and a guarantor for urgent passport application.

I want to ask if the 2 references can be friends who are PR of Canada and are in Canada?

Also do they actually call the references too or do they only call the guarantor?

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
Hi,

I believe you need 2 references and a guarantor for urgent passport application.

I want to ask if the 2 references can be friends who are PR of Canada and are in Canada?

Also do they actually call the references too or do they only call the guarantor?
urgent passport YES standard application randomly if you have guarantor same address like wife or family member almost chance is NO

Reactions: msatishxp

msatishxp

Jul 30, 2013
urgent passport YES standard application randomly if you have guarantor same address like wife or family member almost chance is NO
You mean for urgent passport, the 2 references can be friends who are PR living in Canada and they may call both the references and guarantor. But for standard application, the chances of calling references and guarantor are almost no??

And can the guarantor be a family member also?