+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

msatishxp

Jul 30, 2013
2 references for application form and another 2 for in lieu of guarantor form, so you need total of 4 references. They don’t need to be citizen or PR.
Hi, I'm also planning to go for in lieu of guarantor form. So for references, do they have to know you since more than 2 years, whether it's 2 references for application form or 2 references for in lieu of guarantor form?

Also, would I have to get the in lieu of guarantor form notarized by a notary officer or i just hv to fill it on own own along with gathering 4 references?

Last edited:

GD.Iron.80

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
Went to the Victoria St, Toronto office today to get my passport. Got there at 9:40am and was out at 11:40am. Exactly 2 hours. Everything was smooth and no issues. I was going to apply for express processing, with proof of travel $50, but the lady told me that for $20 I can have the passport ready for pickup on Jan 10th, which works for me - she didn't ask for proof of travel with this option. I agreed to this. So basically 2.5 week waiting time, taking into consideration the Christmas break.

Looks like everything is back to normal in terms of processing times.

Interestingly there was a guy in front of me that needed his passport for 9am tomorrow! With his proof of booked airline tickets for the next day, his passport was ready for pick up by 3pm today!

Reactions: Ranash

hastur

Aug 22, 2017
Hi, I'm also planning to go for in lieu of guarantor form. So for references, do they have to know you since more than 2 years, whether it's 2 references for application form or 2 references for in lieu of guarantor form?

Also, would I have to get the in lieu of guarantor form notarized by a notary officer or i just hv to fill it on own own along with gathering 4 references?
Yes, all of your references must know you for 2 years.

The in lieu of guarantor form is only available at passport offices. I grabbed a copy from there, filled all info except the signature and date, and brought to the notary officer. Also bring the passport photo as one of them is needed to be notarized.

Reactions: msatishxp

Sahil_88

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
QQ
In Canadian application
There are two address we have to fill
- current addresss
-mailing address

on my DL the address is different than mailing address

Will it make any issue ?
Mailing address is where i am living right now.

Guiders

May 30, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
CC charged on 03-11-2014
AOR Received.
PER 29-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued on 02-04-2015. Passport received on 30-04-2015
LANDED..........
16-09-2015
Hi All,

Can I submit for passport request on behalf of my wife?

msatishxp

Jul 30, 2013
Yes, all of your references must know you for 2 years.

The in lieu of guarantor form is only available at passport offices. I grabbed a copy from there, filled all info except the signature and date, and brought to the notary officer. Also bring the passport photo as one of them is needed to be notarized.
Did the notary officer charge you? If yes, how much was their fees?

kikori

Feb 6, 2015
I'm flying in 13 days and I still don't have my passport. I've been struggling to get my passport for months in Montreal. It was initially sent to my old address (no longer live there), so was sent back to return office on Sept 2022 (they say it was sent back to Gatineau). I've since gone to the passport office to get my address changed and have it sent to my new address. I went to the Passport Office up on Oct, November, and finally December, each time without a proper answer as to when my passport would arrive. On beginning of December, they said they would have it sent to Passport Canada in Montreal for me to pick it up, but even now, I still haven't gotten a call (as they said they would call me once its arrived). I'm worried I won't be able to get my passport in time. What should I do?

Pearly000

Star Member
May 7, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Submitted passport application @ Sundance SE Calgary: Dec 23rd
Got there at 8 am and was out minutes after 9 am..
Expected date of delivery(Passports): Jan 11th

onkar112

Star Member
Apr 5, 2022
Hi, when I submitted my standard application today at passport office, the officer only noted down my credit card number and told me that card will be charged later. Is that the normal process?

when In person passport application is submitted..is the card charged at a later time or right when the application is submitted (in case of payment by credit card)?

Bahrain

Dec 23, 2014
Hello Members,

I applied passport for our family of three (me, my spouse and daughter) on Dec 16 and got our passport o Dec 30 (me and my wife). However I did not receive passport for my daughter. Has anyone experienced such before? Not sure if i need to contact passport office.

Thank you.

bluecheese123

Feb 24, 2021
Today receiving my son's passport. Fedex sent me notification message for a mail from Mississauga. Since its a mail out to US, its a fedex shipment from passport office.
hi @harirajmohan , after received the passport in the US, what steps do we need to take if we are currently on H1/H4 visa in the US? Do we need to explicitly go to a CBP office at an airport and get a new I-94? How many days do we have once we receive the new passport?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
hi @harirajmohan , after received the passport in the US, what steps do we need to take if we are currently on H1/H4 visa in the US? Do we need to explicitly go to a CBP office at an airport and get a new I-94? How many days do we have once we receive the new passport?
Nothing to be done. You can get new I94 by presenting Canadian passport whenever you reenter the country next time. if you are extending while inside US then start using new passport. Nothing to be done now as its not necessary to do anything on I94 immediately till situation comes for uscis extension or reentering US.

Reactions: bluecheese123