Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
My Ottawa passport office experience this morning: was there at 6:30am, about 20 people ahead of me. They let us inside at 7. Around 8 they triaged the line into three: one for super-urgent applications, another for those with travel within 10-business days (that was me), and a general one for everyone else (travel within 45 days).

I was out of there by 11. Other than the wait time, the process was smooth for me, but there were a lot of people around me frustrated for various good reasons.

If you're not traveling within 10 days and end up in the general line, my sense is that you might not get served at all, given the size of the 10-day line and the speed at which it moves.
Glad you were able to get your application submitted. Did they tell you when your passport would be available? Will they be mailing it to you or will it be for pickup?

le chat orange

Jul 20, 2018
For pick up service at Harry Hay, do we need to wait a really long time?
Hi, I'm not sure as I haven't picked up my passport yet. I asked the person processing my application and he told me that passport pickup at the Harry Hays building is separate from the actual passport application and he didn't think it would take more than an hour total to line up and pick up my passport. I will pick it up next week and will update the thread and let everyone know how it goes!

Reactions: fafa3002

annie.yu567

Feb 10, 2022
Hi, I'm not sure as I haven't picked up my passport yet. I asked the person processing my application and he told me that passport pickup at the Harry Hays building is separate from the actual passport application and he didn't think it would take more than an hour total to line up and pick up my passport. I will pick it up next week and will update the thread and let everyone know how it goes!
Yes please do let us know about your experience. And thank you very much.

Reactions: le chat orange

lingow

Dec 30, 2020
Glad you were able to get your application submitted. Did they tell you when your passport would be available? Will they be mailing it to you or will it be for pickup?
Picking it up on Friday the 14th, 3pm. They originally told me to pick up Monday the 17th, but I said I can't be off work at that time, so they offered Friday, which was appreciated.

Reactions: trumprefugee

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
From experience at passport office in a different location: the passport pickup line is separate, only those with passports to pick up are allowed in it, and the process of picking up for each person is perhaps 5 minutes (at most) - look at your receipt, find the passport, check you are you (allowed to pick up), and sign for receipt.

So while you might have to wait if there is a line for that, the line moves quickly. I waited perhaps 25 minutes with more than a dozen people in front of me. The whole process was less than 45 minutes, including walking from my car, elevator, getting in the right line, covid entrance stuff, etc. (This was at just about peak passport office hysteria and covid stuff was still more strict)

Reactions: le chat orange

astrogal86

Star Member
Apr 26, 2022
Just wanted to share my experience with getting my passport in person. I went to the Passport Centre in downtown Montreal the other day since I do have travel next Friday. I got there just after 8a and was told I had to wait in the line that was downstairs since that was for new applications/walk-ins. I went ahead and lined up in that line around 8:10a. There were about I'd say 100 people in front of me. The line didn't start moving until 9,9:30a. Once you got closer to the the escalator that would bring you back upstairs to the actual office, there was a woman that came around verifying you were in the right line and had travel within the next month. If you didn't you were asked to come back. I waited in that line for about 3.5 hours and then finally made it upstairs to the check-in counter where they verified you filled out the applications and had signed photos and then gave you a number to talk with one of the agents at the individual windows. That line took 30 minutes just to get a queue number. I proceeded to sit in the chairs and waited for my number to get called up. The wait for me was close to 2 hours. Once at the counter I gave everything to the officer and was told I can come pick up my passport in a week. I was out by 1:30, so it was roughly 5.5 hours to get the passport application submitted. I hope this helps anyone that is thinking of doing a walk-in passport in Montreal. Good luck!

Reactions: Pearly000

rishisingh86

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
I applied for urgent processing from the Kitchener location. I was traveling within 48 hrs. There were around 100 people in front of me when I went. Around 8am, they started triaging. Asked for my travel document, which I provided. I was taken to a separate queue. I was called to the counter. Paid the fees. They asked us to collect the passport at around 1pm the next day.

It was a smooth process. Happy to answer any questions.

UniqueCase

Jul 10, 2018
Need some advice. I have passport pickup date next week at Brampton office and I just realized I have lost my passport receipt. So, can I pickup passport without the receipt? What docs do I need?

I applied at a service Canada office in August and was told not to expect my passport until January.
I contacted my MP and they said if I provide proof of flights or hotel booking then they can try to expedite it for me. I am tempted to book something and do just that.
Don't fake-book. If you really need to travel, sure, go ahead. A passport is just that - a travel document. I applied back in September, also expected to receive in January.

ryalla

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
Walked in to submit 3 applications for new passports yesterday at North york location at 3:45 PM. i am the last one.. they were so helpful and let me in as they are about to close.

i have a travel date on oct 23rd. they processed mine and my spouse's application and passports will be mailed out by oct 7. unfortunately i missed taking my daughter's birth certificate so they gave me an appointment to submit her application. i came out by 4:20PM.
received mine and my spouse passports today. supposed to be mailed our on Oct 7! received them early.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Any recent experience in Toronto/Scarborough for walk-ins with proof of travel ?? Which time/office is best….

Transylvanian

Mar 1, 2020
I applied for passport trough Service Canada on May/20/2022, original document of citizenship was returned to me
I received my passport yesterday October/03/2022, passport was issued on September/27/2022 in this time of waiting I called about 5 times for updates!
Guarantor or references was not called.
Wish you all the best!!!

Reactions: fafa3002

UniqueCase

Jul 10, 2018
Need some advice. I have passport pickup date next week at Brampton office and I just realized I have lost my passport receipt. So, can I pickup passport without the receipt? What docs do I need?
Any suggestions please? I tried calling passport office but my call keeps disconnecting due to high volume.