+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

fafa3002

Star Member
Sep 2, 2017
I applied for passport trough Service Canada on May/20/2022, original document of citizenship was returned to me
I received my passport yesterday October/03/2022, passport was issued on September/27/2022 in this time of waiting I called about 5 times for updates!
Guarantor or references was not called.
Wish you all the best!!!
Congrats! What was the last update you got over the phone?

mustu521

Star Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Nomination.....
26-01-2015
Med's Request
09-04-2015
Med's Done....
25-04-2015
Interview........
07-04-2015
Passport Req..
05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
Other than the completed application form, citizenship certificate, photos and travel itinerary (if applicable) are there any other documents that need to be taken to a walk-in passport canada office? Applying for first passports.

Leo0806

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
Other than the completed application form, citizenship certificate, photos and travel itinerary (if applicable) are there any other documents that need to be taken to a walk-in passport canada office? Applying for first passports.
ID proof. The list of documents , how to fill the application etc are given clearly in the website. Just follow those instructions. The process is easy.

Reactions: mustu521

Leo0806

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
Just wanted to share my experience with getting my passport in person. I went to the Passport Centre in downtown Montreal the other day since I do have travel next Friday. I got there just after 8a and was told I had to wait in the line that was downstairs since that was for new applications/walk-ins. I went ahead and lined up in that line around 8:10a. There were about I'd say 100 people in front of me. The line didn't start moving until 9,9:30a. Once you got closer to the the escalator that would bring you back upstairs to the actual office, there was a woman that came around verifying you were in the right line and had travel within the next month. If you didn't you were asked to come back. I waited in that line for about 3.5 hours and then finally made it upstairs to the check-in counter where they verified you filled out the applications and had signed photos and then gave you a number to talk with one of the agents at the individual windows. That line took 30 minutes just to get a queue number. I proceeded to sit in the chairs and waited for my number to get called up. The wait for me was close to 2 hours. Once at the counter I gave everything to the officer and was told I can come pick up my passport in a week. I was out by 1:30, so it was roughly 5.5 hours to get the passport application submitted. I hope this helps anyone that is thinking of doing a walk-in passport in Montreal. Good luck!
Good that you got the citizenship certificate and applied for your passport.
To reduce the wait time, it is better to go there around 6:30 AM or after 2 PM (risky as sometimes they may nt allow new walk Ins after 2 PM)

sohausman

Mar 20, 2017
Hi, finally received passport in mail today..
Applied in person at passport Canada north York location on 23rd September 2022 and opted for the passport to be mailed. Was told that passport would be mailed out on 11th October and will be delivered within 5 days. The whole process took 2.5 hours including the wait time.
Received it today so pretty fast.. Best of luck to all ...

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Any suggestions please? I tried calling passport office but my call keeps disconnecting due to high volume.
Your driver license, citizenship certificate, health card etc…..

Check your phone (if u made a photo of the receipt…??

le chat orange

Jul 20, 2018
Yes please do let us know about your experience. And thank you very much.
I went to Harry Hays today to pick up my passport. I went just before 1:00 pm and it wasn't busy. The building was very quiet and I only saw a few people around inside. There are signs saying to go upstairs for passport pick up. Only one person was ahead of me and two people arrived after I got there. They only allow one person in the room for pick up at a time, but the actual pick up is very quick: you just show your ID and receipt and they ask you to check that all the info inside is correct; not more than a minute for all of that. Parking is $15 in the building so I'd suggest street parking since it was $5 for one hour and I was in and out of there within 5 minutes!

Will_PA

Sep 3, 2017
I went to Brampton passport office today at 12pm, waited outside for 5 mins, then inside for just over an hour.
They said I'll receive passport in the mail in 2 weeks.
I had travel (hotel booking for Buffalo) documents dated mid October, which 3 or 4 different people asked to see.
Much easier than I was expecting
Passport arrived in post today - 10 days or so?

mustu521

Star Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Nomination.....
26-01-2015
Med's Request
09-04-2015
Med's Done....
25-04-2015
Interview........
07-04-2015
Passport Req..
05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
For an identity document to be submitted with your passport application, what document can you provide for a child 14 years?
Can the passport from the previous country be provided as a document?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
For an identity document to be submitted with your passport application, what document can you provide for a child 14 years?
Can the passport from the previous country be provided as a document?
Have you tried reading the instrucitons about what is accepted?

And generally yes, a still-valid passport from other countries will usually be accepted as proof of identity. (If it's not valid, then probably not.)

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
I don't know if its some glitch or whatever, but the whole 17-week timeline mentions have been removed everywhere: How to apply for an adult passport in Canada - Canada.ca (Are we back to the regular 20-business day processing time? :) )
I hope this is a good sign. The statistics page you linked to in your other post also shows declining number of new passport applications received and passports delivered exceeding number of applications received, for the first time in September. Looks like they are progressing on catching up with the backlog now that people are done with their summer vacations.

The layout of this processing time page has changed as well:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/processing-times.html
There used to be a 3rd column for mail-in applications. The reference to 17 weeks has been replaced by "Due to high volumes, processing times may be longer than usual."

The page to submit a request to check the status of our passport applications also now says to wait at least 5 business days after you submit your application, instead of 20 business days that it did before:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/check-passport-travel-document-application.html

Has anyone who submitted less than 20 business days ago made a request to check status?