+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi Guys,
quick question : I became citizen in July 2022 but didn't apply for passport at that time. Now I have some family get together that i need to attend in US in mid Oct. Would you recommend a walk-in like 20 days before my travel date? Adding on to this I live in Winnipeg but I'd be driving to toronto for work and then driving to Newyork for the get together. Not sure "pick up your passport day before travel" would work for me as I won't be home or they would transfer my file to somewhere in Toronto.

appreciate if anyone could advise on this.
You can walk in, I would suggest go by either early morning 7:00-7:30 to be first in the queue or go by noon when there is no rush.
Since you will be driving I would suggest carry a letter (by you) that you will be driving to the states (just in case they ask).
Based on the travel date they can provide you the passport same day or after a day or cpl of days, which you can discuss with the Passport Canada person at the counter..

Reactions: phoenix232

Leo0806

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
Hi Guys,
quick question : I became citizen in July 2022 but didn't apply for passport at that time. Now I have some family get together that i need to attend in US in mid Oct. Would you recommend a walk-in like 20 days before my travel date? Adding on to this I live in Winnipeg but I'd be driving to toronto for work and then driving to Newyork for the get together. Not sure "pick up your passport day before travel" would work for me as I won't be home or they would transfer my file to somewhere in Toronto.

Walk In early morning to a Passport Office that offers express processing, and apply with proof of travel. (A letter and Hotel booking / accommodation address if you are driving across).
You should get your passport before the date of your travel. .

Reactions: phoenix232

t_obz

Star Member
Jan 26, 2015
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2014
Hi,

Please what does it mean for a passport application status to be In Examination.

I call the passport office and they said my application is still In Examination.

Thanks

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
You can walk in, I would suggest go by either early morning 7:00-7:30 to be first in the queue or go by noon when there is no rush.
Since you will be driving I would suggest carry a letter (by you) that you will be driving to the states (just in case they ask).
Based on the travel date they can provide you the passport same day or after a day or cpl of days, which you can discuss with the Passport Canada person at the counter..
Walk In early morning to a Passport Office that offers express processing, and apply with proof of travel. (A letter and Hotel booking / accommodation address if you are driving across).
You should get your passport before the date of your travel. .
Appreciate your inputs Abbas bhai and Leo,

Can you explain a bit more on the letter part, I am not sure about it. I have bookings for Hotels that i would be living ( there's like two places in US that I would be visiting and have booking confirmation for both ).

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Appreciate your inputs Abbas bhai and Leo,

Can you explain a bit more on the letter part, I am not sure about it. I have bookings for Hotels that i would be living ( there's like two places in US that I would be visiting and have booking confirmation for both ).
I was under the impression that you'd be staying over with family..
Hotel booking is fine, you don't need the letter then...

vickyng1014

Mar 16, 2018
Guys, I have a question. I have an appointment on Oct 4 and my flight ticket is Dec 02. Do you think they will let me apply at the passport office or I need to apply at Service Canada? 45 days calendar days or business days?

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Guys, I have a question. I have an appointment on Oct 4 and my flight ticket is Dec 02. Do you think they will let me apply at the passport office or I need to apply at Service Canada? 45 days calendar days or business days?
45 business days, which would be 9 weeks, and 9 weeks from Oct 4 is Dec 6, so you can apply at the passport office.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Applicants who have travel scheduled up to 45 business days (from the date of application) they will allow you to apply at Passport Canada office...
Looking at your travel dates, they fall within that 45 business days.

Reactions: vickyng1014

uncommonfriend

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-02-2017
Med's Done....
31-03-2017
Just came back from applying for a passport at Service Canada (regular service, with no proof of travel). I had been lucky enough to grab this appointment while refreshing the appointment booking page over the weekend. There was a line out the door, and a longer one outside the Passport Canada next door. But with my appointment booking, I was able to skip the lines and the process was pretty painless, taking under 30 minutes total including waiting in the waiting room. The agent asked if I had any travel plans soon, because with this regular processing, I could expect to receive the passport in early February via registered mail. I might need to travel late this year but am not completely sure yet and have not booked tickets. He said that if I were definitely going to travel in the next couple months, it would probably be faster if I waited until I booked tickets and then went to the Passport Canada next door, but I chose to stick with the regular processing as my travel plans are not definite yet. He said with this regular service, I could switch to expedited processing later on, but it could take month to send my file over to Passport Canada in addition to however much time their processing would take.
what centre did you use?

ch33ch33

Feb 23, 2017
My passport experience:
Got my citizenship certificate in the mail yesterday Sept 26
Got an appointment at service Canada (Kitchener office) for today Sept 27 at 3pm. Was shocked but I took it. Spent last night and this morning filling and printing the form and taking passport photo.
Arrived at about 2.30 and was told to wait till 2.50pm
At exactly 2.50pm I was told to go in. At the counter, the lady confirmed I had all documents. Told her I was hoping to travel for Christmas holidays and she just said okay I’d put you down for expedited processing. I didn’t even book a trip yet.
Then was told to sit and wait to be called. About 10 mins later (maybe less) my name was called. Sat down, lady went over everything, took photocopies of all supporting docs. Had to change one of my references as they had the same address as me though not related.
She asked for my travel date and I said the same thing. No trip booked but I would like to travel for Christmas. S
She confirmed I’d get my passport in two weeks.
It went so smoothly I was scared it would take months.

• Love
Reactions: andrem and ryalla

ch33ch33

Feb 23, 2017
Hi Guys,

I wouldn’t wait. Have you tried booking an appointment on
https://eservices.canada.ca/en/reservation/

It also says this on the website

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
Reactions: ch33ch33

Will_PA

Sep 3, 2017
I went to Brampton passport office today at 12pm, waited outside for 5 mins, then inside for just over an hour.
They said I'll receive passport in the mail in 2 weeks.
I had travel (hotel booking for Buffalo) documents dated mid October, which 3 or 4 different people asked to see.
Much easier than I was expecting

Reactions: ch33ch33