Med's Done....
25-04-2015
Interview........
07-04-2015
Passport Req..
05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
Walked in to submit 3 applications for new passports yesterday at North york location at 3:45 PM. i am the last one.. they were so helpful and let me in as they are about to close.

i have a travel date on oct 23rd. they processed mine and my spouse's application and passports will be mailed out by oct 7. unfortunately i missed taking my daughter's birth certificate so they gave me an appointment to submit her application. i came out by 4:20PM.
Did you have to pay any extra fees for the expedited service?

astrogal86

Star Member
Apr 26, 2022
Hi everyone, I had a quick question regarding the passport application. I have a few questions for anyone in a similar situation:

Section 1:
Mother's surname at birth:
if I was adopted and don't know my birth mother's surname, what do I put for this? do I use my adoptive mother's surname?

Section 2:
Guarantor:
just wanted to confirm, can this be a relative, like an aunt or uncle?

Section 7:

For employment section, if I am still working for the employer currently what do you put as end date? can you leave this blank since I don't have a end date as of now?

Thanks in advance for any help with these

BoxOfCrayon

Sep 8, 2022
no need you alone can go. but take id proof for your wife and birth certificates along with the citizenship certificates.
Sharing my experience on Friday at the Service Canada Passport Center at Brampton. Since only one person was allowed in the queue, my wife was sitting in the car.
Since we had applied for express pickup, the officer did ask my wife to come in the center and present herself. I think you need all adults if you opt for express pickup.
Kids are not needed.

sahyle3

May 30, 2017
Is it possible to do a walk-in, in-person passport application at a Service Centre in Vancouver without travel plans or an online appointment?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi everyone, I had a quick question regarding the passport application. I have a few questions for anyone in a similar situation:

Section 1:
if I was adopted and don't know my birth mother's surname, what do I put for this? do I use my adoptive mother's surname?

Section 2:
Guarantor:
just wanted to confirm, can this be a relative, like an aunt or uncle?

Section 7:

For employment section, if I am still working for the employer currently what do you put as end date? can you leave this blank since I don't have a end date as of now?

Thanks in advance for any help with these
Section 1:
Mention adopted mothers surname name at birth.

Your mother’s surname name isn’t on your passport. It’s on your file so that when you speak to Passport Canada, it’s one of the security questions they ask you. That’s the only reason the question is on the application.

Section 2:
Guarantor:
your guarantor can be anyone, including a family member or member of your household.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/travel-documents-references-guarantors.html

Section 7:

For employment section: Present

Last edited:

astrogal86

Star Member
Apr 26, 2022
Section 1:
Mention adopted mothers surname name at birth.

Your mother’s surname name isn’t on your passport. It’s on your file so that when you speak to Passport Canada, it’s one of the security questions they ask you. That’s the only reason the question is on the application.

Section 2:
Guarantor:
your guarantor can be anyone, including a family member or member of your household.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/travel-documents-references-guarantors.html

Section 7:

For employment section: Present

Thanks!

Leo0806

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
My experience with In person Walk-In for Express processing at Whitby
Went at 6;30AM - Approx. 15 people in the Q ahead of me.
8 AM : The staff came and verified the documents(cursory examination with Questions - Do you have Doc X, Doc Y etc)
8:30 AM: Entered the office
8;40 AM: Got the token (Verification of the documents and arranging them)
9:05 AM: At the counter
9:25 AM: Finished the submission, paid and was out of the office

The passport ETA is based on the date of your travel. As per my understanding, everyone will get their Passport before the date of travel.
AND, Whitby does not offer Urgent processing (Next day Passport)

Last edited:

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Just came back from applying for a passport at Service Canada (regular service, with no proof of travel). I had been lucky enough to grab this appointment while refreshing the appointment booking page over the weekend. There was a line out the door, and a longer one outside the Passport Canada next door. But with my appointment booking, I was able to skip the lines and the process was pretty painless, taking under 30 minutes total including waiting in the waiting room. The agent asked if I had any travel plans soon, because with this regular processing, I could expect to receive the passport in early February via registered mail. I might need to travel late this year but am not completely sure yet and have not booked tickets. He said that if I were definitely going to travel in the next couple months, it would probably be faster if I waited until I booked tickets and then went to the Passport Canada next door, but I chose to stick with the regular processing as my travel plans are not definite yet. He said with this regular service, I could switch to expedited processing later on, but it could take month to send my file over to Passport Canada in addition to however much time their processing would take.

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
Hi Guys,
quick question : I became citizen in July 2022 but didn't apply for passport at that time. Now I have some family get together that i need to attend in US in mid Oct. Would you recommend a walk-in like 20 days before my travel date? Adding on to this I live in Winnipeg but I'd be driving to toronto for work and then driving to Newyork for the get together. Not sure "pick up your passport day before travel" would work for me as I won't be home or they would transfer my file to somewhere in Toronto.

appreciate if anyone could advise on this.