+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian life after moving from UAE/Middle East

Discussion in 'Settlement Issues' started by ta2839, Jun 17, 2019.

1. That is a good price for a 2 bedroom. If you owned a 2 bedroom home or condo you are likely looking at a much higher mortgage rate not even including property taxes or utilities.

2. I was talking about Calgary, Alberta.

3. Even for Calgary $1800 for a 5 bedroom is good. Many pay more.

4. Just moved on the 22nd of April 2019. For us, Canada offers citizenship and natural beauty. U.A.E is better in every other aspect like salary, lifestyle etc
    Will try to move to the USA in the long term.

5. I think I mentioned in excess of 100k. Also, this amount is good enough to cover the essentials in GTA (rent, car, groceries, insurance).
    Vacations, eating out at decent restaurants and other extra curricular becomes affordable when the spouse starts working. Year end bonus help a lot.

ibtee likes this.
  6. when you get to Canada, you will have so much to do. especially during the first month, you have to rent a place, get all kinds of cards and IDs, find a job, improve your English, etc. If you are organized and you know what you are doing, things will go so much easier.

I find that this video can help you organize. it is a step by step of what needs to be done with a timeline.
    search cLgjieCLFWg on youtube. it is called "your first 4 weeks in Canada".

Good luck.

7. I watched the video and thank you for sharing it. However,. I'm sure we can find another video better than this video because it took her 30 mins to explain 5 mins worth of stuff in a very boring way.