+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CANADIAN HEALTH-CARE SYSTEM -at a glance !!!

AAK

Jul 1, 2009
Dear Qorax...

our process is last stage and hopefully we will land in October....
my wife is pregnant and in October she is in 3 trimester we want to deliver my baby in Toronto .. we know that OHIP required 90 days... please advise about midwife (i listen they serve free of cost) and private insurance to cover the delivery expenses or any other solution...

please share your views....

Saf_khan

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London - UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Skipped
LANDED..........
01-09-2013
AAK said:
Dear Qorax...

our process is last stage and hopefully we will land in October....
my wife is pregnant and in October she is in 3 trimester we want to deliver my baby in Toronto .. we know that OHIP required 90 days... please advise about midwife (i listen they serve free of cost) and private insurance to cover the delivery expenses or any other solution...

please share your views....
Yes midwife is free of cost if you're covered with the medical. If you're not then its not free.

AAJ

Star Member
Aug 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2010
AOR Received.
1st AOR 13-10-2010, Full Documents Sent 19-01-11, 2nd AOR 16-06-2011
IELTS Request
Done
Med's Request
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
06-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2013
LANDED..........
April 2014 (IA)
I have a question regarding Super Visa for parents. Apparently, (please correct me if I am wrong) health benefits are not given for Super Visa holders... Therefore, in such a case how can we cover any medical expenses for the parents?

Saf_khan

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London - UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Skipped
LANDED..........
01-09-2013
AAJ said:
I have a question regarding Super Visa for parents. Apparently, (please correct me if I am wrong) health benefits are not given for Super Visa holders... Therefore, in such a case how can we cover any medical expenses for the parents?
You've to get medical insurance for your parents. you will claim to insurance for medical expenses.
please check with the insurance companies.

AAJ

Star Member
Aug 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2010
AOR Received.
1st AOR 13-10-2010, Full Documents Sent 19-01-11, 2nd AOR 16-06-2011
IELTS Request
Done
Med's Request
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
06-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2013
LANDED..........
April 2014 (IA)
Saf_khan said:
You've to get medical insurance for your parents. you will claim to insurance for medical expenses.
please check with the insurance companies.
Thank you Saf_khan. Can you suggest any good insurance companies in Canada? And how much does it cost, on average?

Saf_khan

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London - UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Skipped
LANDED..........
01-09-2013
AAJ said:
Thank you Saf_khan. Can you suggest any good insurance companies in Canada? And how much does it cost, on average?
Dear I've not idea to be very honest.
Actually i landed in Toronto and asked for insurance company (cost was 150 CAD approx) but i didn't avail that.

However, i'm landing to Calgary now on 2nd Sep. 2013 and check for you.
but if you're in hurry, you can always search in Google for the insurance companies in Calgary.

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Qorax,

Alberta and Manitoba offer health care plans immeditely after landing. One would consider this before finalizing the landing plans. I have couple of questions if you can please clrify:

1. Once a PR holder lands in Alberta or Manitoba, he/she gets the health care plan without any waiting period. What if he/she travels to other province, let's say Ontario, for a business trip, will he/she be covered for any emergency treatment during his/her business trip? And also, if he/she wants to visit a Physician for a common desease such as flu, fever, will he/she be covered during his/her business trip?

2. If Alberta or Manitoba settled Permanent Resident person decides to settle in Ontario later, does he/she need to wait for 90 days after arriving in the Ontario or he/she will get health care plan immeditely because he is permanent resident of Canada for more than 90 days and was living in other province?

I really appreciate your efforts and help on this forum for new comers.

Saf_khan

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London - UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Skipped
LANDED..........
01-09-2013
Abu Hassaan said:
Dear Qorax,

Alberta and Manitoba offer health care plans immeditely after landing. One would consider this before finalizing the landing plans. I have couple of questions if you can please clrify:

1. Once a PR holder lands in Alberta or Manitoba, he/she gets the health care plan without any waiting period. What if he/she travels to other province, let's say Ontario, for a business trip, will he/she be covered for any emergency treatment during his/her business trip? And also, if he/she wants to visit a Physician for a common desease such as flu, fever, will he/she be covered during his/her business trip?

2. If Alberta or Manitoba settled Permanent Resident person decides to settle in Ontario later, does he/she need to wait for 90 days after arriving in the Ontario or he/she will get health care plan immeditely because he is permanent resident of Canada for more than 90 days and was living in other province?

I really appreciate your efforts and help on this forum for new comers.
Hello Abu,

Yes you're right Health benefits in Alberta starts from your date of landing, but there are conditions. (1) if you're new immigrant then or if you're returning to Canada then. Health benefits are not covered if you're changing your province. Let's assume that you're changing your province, ON to AB then 90 days your ON card will be acceptable in AB.

Now answer to your question 1. Yes you're covered in case you're travelling to other states and for question 2 answer is given above.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Question regarding OHIP:

1. What proof do children have to give to apply OHIP, since even mother and father each need to give separate proofs of address?

2. Even a husband and wife need to provide their own proofs of addresses?

3. Husband's statement is not enough for wife's residency even if they appear together?

How are people managing this to get OHIP card?

b_lalij

Jan 11, 2014
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2014
Nomination.....