+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CANADIAN HEALTH-CARE SYSTEM -at a glance !!!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
charkei said:
Hi Mr. Qorax.. May I ask if consultation to a Doctor for the prescription of contraceptive drug is covered by the Health Insurance? Me and my partner is bound for Toronto this coming next week. We have decided not have a baby first because we want to be settled first before having a child. Thank you so much!!!
The consultation & prescription would be free, however the drug's purchase wouldn't.

charkei

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Dipolog City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2010
AOR Received.
08-03-2011
File Transfer...
30-03-2011
Med's Request
07-07-2011
Med's Done....
27-07-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2011
LANDED..........
21-01-2012
qorax said:
The consultation & prescription would be free, however the drug's purchase wouldn't.

Hi qorax..we wanted to be seen by a doctor the time we arrive so that we will know what contraceptive methods or drugs to be used...Is that possible? We all know that health coverage is effective after 3 months by the time we arrived.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
charkei said:
Hi qorax..we wanted to be seen by a doctor the time we arrive so that we will know what contraceptive methods or drugs to be used...Is that possible? We all know that health coverage is effective after 3 months by the time we arrived.
U could visit any 'Walk-in-Clinic'... they r available in every city, neighborhood.

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi quorax
My wife is pregnant and due in mid August.
Based on my timeline, we are still waiting for passport request at this stage.
If we receive our visa by May, we were planning to have the baby in Toronto.
What are about options?
1. How long does it take to get the OHIP card from the day we land,in order to be able to have the OHIP cover the delivery cost? When do you think is our cut off day to decide if we should have the baby on Toronto and be covered by OHIP ?
2. Do you suggest we should inform VO about our case so maybe they can expedite our process, and have the visa issued earlier, or this will delay our process further?
3. If we decide to have the delivery in home country after the issuance of our visa, will adding the new born to our application cause any delays or re issuance of our visa,
4. Is there any advantage of having the baby born in Canada rather than adding him to our application?

Any help on the above is highly appreciated
Looking forward to hearing from you
Regards
Guss

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Gussj said:
Hi quorax
My wife is pregnant and due in mid August.
Based on my timeline, we are still waiting for passport request at this stage.
If we receive our visa by May, we were planning to have the baby in Toronto.
What are about options?
1. How long does it take to get the OHIP card from the day we land,in order to be able to have the OHIP cover the delivery cost? When do you think is our cut off day to decide if we should have the baby on Toronto and be covered by OHIP ?
2. Do you suggest we should inform VO about our case so maybe they can expedite our process, and have the visa issued earlier, or this will delay our process further?
3. If we decide to have the delivery in home country after the issuance of our visa, will adding the new born to our application cause any delays or re issuance of our visa,
4. Is there any advantage of having the baby born in Canada rather than adding him to our application?

Any help on the above is highly appreciated
Looking forward to hearing from you
Regards
Guss
Hi,

It's not wise to travel during the 3rd trimester of pregnancy. So, if her 'date' is in Aug u r very much unlikely to fly after June... 'coz the earliest that u could get ur pps stamped would be around June [though with ur timeframe that might be unlikely].

1. OHIP kicks-in after 90 days of residence in Ontario.
2. Not required. It'd not speed-up ur processing.
3. Once the PR visa/s r issued u can return them & get the baby added. However, if u fly - u'd have to sponsor the baby separately.
4. If ur baby is born in Canada - s/he gets the citizenship automatically [no hassles at all].

Regards,
Qorax

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Qorax
Thanks for your reply much appreciated
having the baby in home country would be much more feasible, since It doesn't look like we will be able to have the OHIP by August, would that be our best choice at this stage?
Or do you think it is worth paying for the delivery in Canada, to have our baby as Canadian citizen?
I know it costs around 10k at least correct?
What would be the best choice in our case?

how long will the process take when adding a new born after visa is issued? will there be any complications, such as resending Police certificate, or redoing our medicals...etc?,

By the way I read on OHIP site that there is a 153 day out of 183 days waiting period any idea what that is exactly?
Thanks again
Guss

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gussj said:
Qorax
Thanks for your reply much appreciated
having the baby in home country would be much more feasible, since It doesn't look like we will be able to have the OHIP by August, would that be our best choice at this stage?
Or do you think it is worth paying for the delivery in Canada, to have our baby as Canadian citizen?
I know it costs around 10k at least correct?
What would be the best choice in our case?

how long will the process take when adding a new born after visa is issued? will there be any complications, such as resending Police certificate, or redoing our medicals...etc?,

By the way I read on OHIP site that there is a 153 day out of 183 days waiting period any idea what that is exactly?
Thanks again
Guss

Qorax
Still waiting for your feedback on the above when you get a chance
Your help is highly appreciated
Regards
Guss

mute_man

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 January 2011
Nomination.....
23 June 2011
AOR Received.
20 July 2011
Med's Request
05 March 2014
Med's Done....
15 March 2014
Passport Req..
05 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
16 April 2014
LANDED..........
12 July 2014
putting in que!! :p

startplay

May 27, 2011
qorax said:
Hi,

It's not wise to travel during the 3rd trimester of pregnancy. So, if her 'date' is in Aug u r very much unlikely to fly after June... 'coz the earliest that u could get ur pps stamped would be around June [though with ur timeframe that might be unlikely].

1. OHIP kicks-in after 90 days of residence in Ontario.
2. Not required. It'd not speed-up ur processing.
3. Once the PR visa/s r issued u can return them & get the baby added. However, if u fly - u'd have to sponsor the baby separately.
4. If ur baby is born in Canada - s/he gets the citizenship automatically [no hassles at all].

Regards,
Qorax
Hi Qorax

I have heard that if you apply for your health card in Ontario, you can not leave the country before 90 days !! Is it true??????? If it is true, then what will the circumstances if a person has to leave Canada within such period??

Regards & thanx

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
startplay said:
Hi Qorax

I have heard that if you apply for your health card in Ontario, you can not leave the country before 90 days !! Is it true??????? If it is true, then what will the circumstances if a person has to leave Canada within such period??

Regards & thanx
Hi,

U r eligible for the OHIP only if u have resided here for 3-months. Which is why it'd commence after 90-days even if u get to apply for it upon landing (sometimes they decline to receive ur apps before completion of 3-months too, however some Service Canada centers do accept it earlier).

Unless, they come to know about ur absence it's all in good faith. In any case u aren't supposed to cheat the system, don't u? Besides, if u do not meet the residential requirements - there have been known cases where OHIP was revoked and the user had to pay-up all charges alongwith penalties.

The wiser way is to only apply for it once u've completed 90-days of ur stay here, in Ontario.

Good luck.

Qorax

startplay

May 27, 2011
qorax said:
Hi,

U r eligible for the OHIP only if u have resided here for 3-months. Which is why it'd commence after 90-days even if u get to apply for it upon landing (sometimes they decline to receive ur apps before completion of 3-months too, however some Service Canada centers do accept it earlier).

Unless, they come to know about ur absence it's all in good faith. In any case u aren't supposed to cheat the system, don't u? Besides, if u do not meet the residential requirements - there have been known cases where OHIP was revoked and the user had to pay-up all charges alongwith penalties.

The wiser way is to only apply for it once u've completed 90-days of ur stay here, in Ontario.

Good luck.

Qorax
Thank you for your reply..
You are right but a friend of mine has stayed in canada for about 70 days and has to go to his country due to an emergency. What should he do? Can you suggest something?????
regards and thanx

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
startplay said:
Thank you for your reply..
You are right but a friend of mine has stayed in canada for about 70 days and has to go to his country due to an emergency. What should he do? Can you suggest something?????
regards and thanx
Short vacations r albeit acceptable.

startplay

May 27, 2011
qorax said:
Short vacations r albeit acceptable.
THanx qorax for the reply..

I have one more question..How much money can one carry to India from Canada in Canadian dollars? I mean in cash, TCs and/or draft..

regards

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
startplay said:
THanx qorax for the reply..

I have one more question..How much money can one carry to India from Canada in Canadian dollars? I mean in cash, TCs and/or draft..

regards
I wouldn't know. However, I've seen few taking back their entire settlement draft to their erstwhile overseas location - when they just came here to complete their landing w/out intending to settle for the time being.

adevaxis

May 19, 2012
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2011
AOR Received.
DEC 2011
IELTS Request
OCT 2011
File Transfer...
FEB 2012
Med's Request
APR 2012
Med's Done....
3rd week of APR 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
APR 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30.05.2012, received in hand 07.06.2012
You are permitted to carry upto one lac usd or its equivalent in other ccy from india for immigartion purpose during a financial year. That can be single or multiple visit.But the limit is like Fcy equivalent to USD 3000 + rest of the amount either by draft,chq or card(97000 usd). But if the entire amt exceeds usd 10000 then you will have to get customs approval in the airport which is called as customs declaration form. In CDF you can declare that its for immigration purpose.

Above mentioned details is for an individual person for a financial year. So if you are two you can individually carry one lac usd each.