+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Citizenship - Decision Made

RajGill

Star Member
Jan 3, 2013
Dear All -

I wrote my citizenship exam this Monday and passed. My application status now reads decision made - does it means that only Oath ceremony invite is due? My application is completely through at Scarborough office?

Thanks,
Raj

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
Dear All -

I wrote my citizenship exam this Monday and passed. My application status now reads decision made - does it means that only Oath ceremony invite is due? My application is completely through at Scarborough office?

Thanks,
Raj
HI. Congratulations.
Can you share as to wether they have cheked all stamping in passport my interview is next week. Iny case 2 stamping of deparure not found but i have boarding pass with.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Dear All -

Thanks,
Raj
IRCC lists ceremony as "within 3 months". Scarborough office is closer to the 3 months mark than say Mississauga where they've recently been telling applicants 3-4 weeks according to other threads. My oath is 2.5 months after DM.

Take a read here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/scarborough-dm-oath.485211/
Note that of late they've been telling people they will or even have sent the oath invite by email but it has actually been sent by post. I would check ECAS at least once a week until it arrives and call IRCC if they say it's been sent and doesn't turn up for 7-10 days.

HI. Congratulations.
Can you share as to wether they have cheked all stamping in passport my interview is next week. Iny case 2 stamping of deparure not found but i have boarding pass with.
It varies from person to person. They didn't even open my passport. Take the boarding passes.

RajGill

Star Member
Jan 3, 2013
IRCC lists ceremony as "within 3 months". Scarborough office is closer to the 3 months mark than say Mississauga where they've recently been telling applicants 3-4 weeks according to other threads. My oath is 2.5 months after DM.

Take a read here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/scarborough-dm-oath.485211/
Note that of late they've been telling people they will or even have sent the oath invite by email but it has actually been sent by post. I would check ECAS at least once a week until it arrives and call IRCC if they say it's been sent and doesn't turn up for 7-10 days.

It varies from person to person. They didn't even open my passport. Take the boarding passes.
The officer said to me it should be somewhere in February. Hope its true.

RajGill

Star Member
Jan 3, 2013
HI. Congratulations.
Since, I travel to US often she asked me what status I travel often and then she wanted to check visa stamping on my passport. She only questioned my india visit trip once and nothing much. She did not bothered to check every stamp for entry and exit. Seems she was nice. Hope this helps and good luck for your interview.

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
Since, I travel to US often she asked me what status I travel often and then she wanted to check visa stamping on my passport. She only questioned my india visit trip once and nothing much. She did not bothered to check every stamp for entry and exit. Seems she was nice. Hope this helps and good luck for your interview.
THANKS FOR PROMPT REPLY. WISH YOU GET OATH INVITATION AT THE EARLIEST.

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018

Thanks for sharing your experience. I wish you should get oath invitation at the earliest.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
The officer said to me it should be somewhere in February. Hope its true.
Seems pretty unlikely based on others in this office but you never know. Bear in mind while the website lists 1-2 weeks notice again based on what I've seen here it's normally 2-3 weeks.

I mean often is relative. Some people think I travel a lot, then I met people who are barely at home ;) I have a lot of stamps and visas (only two blank pages in passport left) including many 'non Western' locations, but I did put lots of info into the calculator about each trip though so perhaps that helps. I was certainly more confident going in with a detailed sheet of where each stamp was :)

Thanks for sharing your experience. I wish you should get oath invitation at the earliest.
My Oath is next Friday thanks :)