+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Citizen want to Sponsor Brother - Manitoba or Saskatchewan

ZipZumZum

Aug 20, 2015
Hello All , I would like to help my brother who is 26 year old and suffering through schizophrenia , he has completed his BE (Computer) in 2014 but not working in India.
I am Candian Citizen who is self employed in Toronto ,
I want to know if there is any option i could sponsor him through Family immigration , he lives with parents in india , He doesn't seem to qualify for Express Entry program.
I am ready to move and get full time job in Manitoba or Saskatchewan if that helps in his application .

Please suggest my options , He really want to come to Canada .

Thanks

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hello All , I would like to help my brother who is 26 year old and suffering through schizophrenia , he has completed his BE (Computer) in 2014 but not working in India.
I want to know if there is any option i could sponsor him through Family immigration , he lives with parents in india , He doesn't seem to qualify for Express Entry program.
I am ready to move and get full time job in Manitoba or Saskatchewan if that helps in his application .

Thanks
You can't sponsor him through family immigration.

You can check on Manitoba/Sask Provincial Nominee Programs to see if he qualifies and how much help it will be with you living there. You need to post your question to PNP section of this forum: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/provincial-nomination-program-immigration.6/

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Thanks
Several of the PNP programs give you additional points if you have a family member in that province. However he will still have to qualify on his own as a skilled or semi-skilled worker by having the right work experience, education, language skills and in some cases a job offer.

ZipZumZum

Aug 20, 2015
Thanks @Rob_TO and @scylla

he has given IELTS and his score is 5.5 , his GRE score is 298 .
I can get him job offer through my firm in Toronto .
Does he fall under skilled worker category , He has IT background and i can ask him to do IT job in india for an year or so , will CIC ask to show salary slip in order to check experience ?

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Job offer needs to include an approved LMIA to be categorized as a job offer. Are you familiar with the LMIA process? It's something the employer has to obtain. It's fairly involved and requires the employer to prove that no Canadian could be hired for the role.

He should re-write IELTS and achieve a score of at least 6 in each of the four categories.

GRE score is irrelevant.

He needs to have at least one year of full time paid work experience to qualify. Does he have this and can he prove he has this?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
He has IT background and i can ask him to do IT job in india for an year or so , will CIC ask to show salary slip in order to check experience ?

Thanks
Yes - he will need to show salary / deposit slips, letter from his employer, etc. Sometimes CIC also does site visits and/or calls employers to confirm employment.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Thanks
As mentioned above, schizophrenia is a costly condition to treat. I would expect that your brother will be determined to be medically inadmissible based on his condition.

ZipZumZum

Aug 20, 2015
Thanks @Buletruck , @rish888 and @canuck_in_uk !!
He doesn't behave insane , he only taking Antidepressant medicine . You guys think it will be problem in medical examination when he applies for PR ?
He is qualified engineer .

I have my incorporation in Toronto , is there any way i could move my corporation to Manitoba or even buy house there to show I am living there full time for 1 year ?
I guess for relative point you need someone living in Manitoba for 1 year.

Thanks

R

rish888

Thanks @Buletruck , @rish888 and @canuck_in_uk !!
He doesn't behave insane , he only taking Antidepressant medicine . You guys think it will be problem in medical examination when he applies for PR ?
He is qualified engineer .

I have my incorporation in Toronto , is there any way i could move my corporation to Manitoba or even buy house there to show I am living there full time for 1 year ?

Thanks
What's the cost of his medication? How frequently does he need to visit a psychiatrist? What about therapy? Any hospitalizations?

The issue here is not how he's behaving, the issue is the cost to treat his condition. If the cost to treat his condition will be upwards of ~$6,000, he could be declared medically inadmissible. (because he may become a burden on the medical system.)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks
You yourself need to physically move to Manitoba and actually live there fore a year before you can qualify to provide relative points for your brother. Registering your corporation there and/or buying a house there isn't enough. You need to really be living there.

ZipZumZum

Aug 20, 2015
What's the cost of his medication? How frequently does he need to visit a psychiatrist? What about therapy? Any hospitalizations?

The issue here is not how he's behaving, the issue is the cost to treat his condition. If the cost to treat his condition will be upwards of ~$6,000, he could be declared medically inadmissible. (because he may become a burden on the medical system.)
Hello @rish888 ,
He visit psychiatrist once in 2 months or so , cost of his medication is 2000-4000 Rs that is 50-100 Canadian dollar.No hospitalization or Therapy.

BTW how would CIC examine him for schizophrenia or any disease if he passes medical exam there.

His medical condition is not my concern , only thing is he is unemployed as of now but i can get him some IT project for an year or so and I will send him Job offer from my firm (after as @scylla mentioned with approve LMIA - need to ask lawyer for this in detail)

SO i am looking for his options ,
for Express Entry , he is not eligible as of now , but after an year if he is working and has improved IELTS score.
for Manitoba option , I can operate my business there and get property and all utility bills under my name ,
How would CIC know I am staying in Toronto or Manitoba ?
How do they check ?

I really want to help him

Thanks

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Hello @rish888 ,
He visit psychiatrist once in 2 months or so , cost of his medication is 2000-4000 Rs that is 50-100 Canadian dollar.No hospitalization or Therapy.

BTW how would CIC examine him for schizophrenia or any disease if he passes medical exam there.

His medical condition is not my concern , only thing is he is unemployed as of now but i can get him some IT project for an year or so and I will send him Job offer from my firm (after as @scylla mentioned with approve LMIA - need to ask lawyer for this in detail)

SO i am looking for his options ,
for Express Entry , he is not eligible as of now , but after an year if he is working and has improved IELTS score.
for Manitoba option , I can operate my business there and get property and all utility bills under my name ,
How would CIC know I am staying in Toronto or Manitoba ?
How do they check ?

I really want to help him

Thanks
CIC will assess the cost based on the cost in Canada, not that the cost in his country then converted into CAD.