+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Visiting Visa - Information

gak9

Aug 14, 2012
To all applicats who applied visiting visa to canada, please be patient as the Visa officers have so many applications to work on and they are so professional in dealing the case. If you apply in mail, be ready to wait 30-45 days (including weekends). If you dont have patience, go in person. Decide earlier itself. Just take it as suggestion. All the best to you all.

diannvera

Aug 27, 2012
I applied by mail a month ago, I haven't got any response yet, I'm starting to get stressed because my trip day is getting closer, I haven't got any email saying at least that they got my documents, and those are very important for me. Is there a way to know at least that they received them?

gak9

Aug 14, 2012
They are supportive and they will only reply you after min 30 days. Please be patient for next 2 weeks and you will get the status.

Abeer2

Aug 29, 2012
I sent an invitation to my brother and his family in Syria to Canada and visit me because i haven't seen them for 15 years and due to the situation in there i can't go now, documnets arrived Canadian Embassy in Lebanon on May 30th because Canadian Embassay in Syria closed and they moved all files to Beirut, till now we haven't heard nothing at all from the embassy, my Lawyer sent an email to verify the status on the application, and my sister in law also sent an email, but we have received no response, the documents arrived to the embassy 3 moth ago, yesterday I sent an email also asking them about the documents if anything is missing and I mentioned that it's passed 90 days and we haven't received any emails or reply... my question is how much longer we should wait till they reply and is it legal not to get back to my lawyer or to my sister in law or to me, and what should I do if they didn't respond???

my second question.. if they rejected the application for them and didn't give them the visiting visa, can I get my 6 years old nephew to come to canada alone as a visitor, and should I re-apply for him and how long the processing time it takes for this kind of visa?

PLEASE REPLY

Abeer2

Aug 29, 2012
Abeer2 said:
I sent an invitation to my brother and his family in Syria to Canada and visit me because i haven't seen them for 15 years and due to the situation in there i can't go now, documnets arrived Canadian Embassy in Lebanon on May 30th because Canadian Embassay in Syria closed and they moved all files to Beirut, till now we haven't heard nothing at all from the embassy, my Lawyer sent an email to verify the status on the application, and my sister in law also sent an email, but we have received no response, the documents arrived to the embassy 3 moth ago, yesterday I sent an email also asking them about the documents if anything is missing and I mentioned that it's passed 90 days and we haven't received any emails or reply... my question is how much longer we should wait till they reply and is it legal not to get back to my lawyer or to my sister in law or to me, and what should I do if they didn't respond???

my second question.. if they rejected the application for them and didn't give them the visiting visa, can I get my 6 years old nephew to come to canada alone as a visitor, and should I re-apply for him and how long the processing time it takes for this kind of visa?
PLEASE REPLY

man2012

Aug 31, 2012
for Beirut it will take a minimum 35 days,
u can check: cic processing time

U can check with ur bank, your money (bank draft or certified cheque) when it has been cashed, to confirm that they are beginning to process ur application.

Sep 2, 2012
My husbands TRV application was prepared by immigration attorneys in Toronto and delivered to LA consulate Jul 23. The 30 day processing time has come and gone so the attorneys emailed for an update last week and still no reply. Question is, will they apply and how long is the actual process time for this.

gak9

Aug 14, 2012
Dear Heather,
They will not take more than 45 days. I heard very high volume of applications they received. So late.

man2012

Aug 31, 2012
Abeer2 said:
Abeer2 said:

PLEASE REPLY
Hi abeer, r u getting a reply from embassy ?