+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada prepared to welcome an 'unlimited number' of Ukrainians fleeing war, minister says

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
COUNTERFOIL STAMPED AND PASSPORT HAS BEEN COURIERED.
:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p
I wonder if its single or multiple entry TRV....

Huntingwhale

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
Anybody else having issues making an appointment with the VFS Global center in various countries in Europe? Seems that every time I am able to log onto the VFS site to book an appointment, the booking system does not appear to have anything available (even 8 months down the road). I saw many slots available as of last Friday, but didn't book an appointment then. Since then I've tried to book a reservation and literally nothing is available even 8 months down the road. I have tried in 4 countries and they all have that same issue. Possibly a website issue? No one picks up the phone when calling the VFS telephone number in Poland, and the chat function does not work for any of those 4 countries.

Anyone else having these same issues?

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Anybody else having issues making an appointment with the VFS Global center in various countries in Europe? Seems that every time I am able to log onto the VFS site to book an appointment, the booking system does not appear to have anything available (even 8 months down the road). I saw many slots available as of last Friday, but didn't book an appointment then. Since then I've tried to book a reservation and literally nothing is available even 8 months down the road. I have tried in 4 countries and they all have that same issue. Possibly a website issue? No one picks up the phone when calling the VFS telephone number in Poland, and the chat function does not work for any of those 4 countries.

Anyone else having these same issues?
Many Ukrainians are reporting this issue. Some folks on this Facebook group have success and suggestions (ie. try in night time, go in person at some embassies, etc).
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadahostukrainians
But yes, on the whole spots are filling up fast and appointments are now booked up for months at Warsaw for example. Its part of Immigration Canada scam - that is to announce we are accepting "unlimited" number of Ukrainians, but in reality, the bottleneck is the Biometrics appointments. My wife was fortunate to already had the Biometric done for our failed family sponsorship - at least some use from that bullshit came.

Reactions: Huntingwhale

Huntingwhale

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
Many Ukrainians are reporting this issue. Some folks on this Facebook group have success and suggestions (ie. try in night time, go in person at some embassies, etc).
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadahostukrainians
But yes, on the whole spots are filling up fast and appointments are now booked up for months at Warsaw for example. Its part of Immigration Canada scam - that is to announce we are accepting "unlimited" number of Ukrainians, but in reality, the bottleneck is the Biometrics appointments. My wife was fortunate to already had the Biometric done for our failed family sponsorship - at least some use from that bullshit came.
Yeah I'm reading that FB page, and it looks like chaos. Last Friday I was going to book an appointment for my cousin and there were plenty of slots available, but I held off until the next evening because she wanted to confirm her work schedule. I wish I just booked it then , because now the website no longer seems to work for appointments. I was able to call in and they aren't taking bookings over the phone. I asked the guy on the phone about walk-ins and he said they ARE accepting walk-ins. But going by the FB page, it seems like everyone is doing the same. We are going to Warsaw tomorrow for a couple days to try to get a slot, but this looks so f'ing crappy.

Canada once again dropping the ball and refusing to do biometrics at the arrival airport like other countries do.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Yeah I'm reading that FB page, and it looks like chaos. Last Friday I was going to book an appointment for my cousin and there were plenty of slots available, but I held off until the next evening because she wanted to confirm her work schedule. I wish I just booked it then , because now the website no longer seems to work for appointments. I was able to call in and they aren't taking bookings over the phone. I asked the guy on the phone about walk-ins and he said they ARE accepting walk-ins. But going by the FB page, it seems like everyone is doing the same. We are going to Warsaw tomorrow for a couple days to try to get a slot, but this looks so f'ing crappy.

Canada once again dropping the ball and refusing to do biometrics at the arrival airport like other countries do.
Horrible just horrible what IRCC is doing to these poor people...haven't they been through enough eh? Yes it does seem that "unofficially" embassies are accepting walk-ins for biometrics. What a big f'ing mess...and they well very well knew it was going to be like this with over 1 million refugees.

Huntingwhale

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
Just came back from Warsaw and it was exactly what I expected; a big massive clusterf*ck of a mess. First went to the VFS global center, which is at a completely different address that what is posted on Google maps. Not sure if that's a Google issue or what, but something to keep in mind for anyone looking up the Warsaw VFS on Google maps. Chlodna 51, 22nd Floor, Warsaw 00-867 is the correct address.

Got to the VAC and it was chaos. The queue had no markings for walk-ins or appointments. Just a huge amount of people crammed in a single hallway with the 2 people at the office's door blocking everyone. No walk-ins accepted, like I was told over the phone. Many people there had biometric appointments for later in May (earliest date they could get), but were there to try to change their appointment dates to earlier since the website wasn't working correctly.

Went to the Embassy afterwards and it was the same; no walk-ins, appointments only. Luckily it was less busy and chaotic. But all this talk of walk-ins is completely false. There are no walk-ins and they won't let you in at either place without an appointment. So if you are a UA refugee looking to get to Canada and are trying to get your biometrics done, good luck. You're only hope is to somehow hope and pray the website has some openings. Luckily I was able to get an appointment for the Embassy next week so our appointment is only 1 week out. I would say booking at the Embassy seems to work better than the VAC, as the website reservation system seems to actually function (as of yesterday) for the Embassy, and it's much more organized in terms of a proper queue there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phalos and scylla