+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada prepared to welcome an 'unlimited number' of Ukrainians fleeing war, minister says

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Just came back from Warsaw and it was exactly what I expected; a big massive clusterf*ck of a mess. First went to the VFS global center, which is at a completely different address that what is posted on Google maps. Not sure if that's a Google issue or what, but something to keep in mind for anyone looking up the Warsaw VFS on Google maps. Chlodna 51, 22nd Floor, Warsaw 00-867 is the correct address.

Got to the VAC and it was chaos. The queue had no markings for walk-ins or appointments. Just a huge amount of people crammed in a single hallway with the 2 people at the office's door blocking everyone. No walk-ins accepted, like I was told over the phone. Many people there had biometric appointments for later in May (earliest date they could get), but were there to try to change their appointment dates to earlier since the website wasn't working correctly.

Went to the Embassy afterwards and it was the same; no walk-ins, appointments only. Luckily it was less busy and chaotic. But all this talk of walk-ins is completely false. There are no walk-ins and they won't let you in at either place without an appointment. So if you are a UA refugee looking to get to Canada and are trying to get your biometrics done, good luck. You're only hope is to somehow hope and pray the website has some openings. Luckily I was able to get an appointment for the Embassy next week so our appointment is only 1 week out. I would say booking at the Embassy seems to work better than the VAC, as the website reservation system seems to actually function (as of yesterday) for the Embassy, and it's much more organized in terms of a proper queue there.
Thanks for posting this experience. Especially the advice about the Embassy.

Reactions: Huntingwhale

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Just came back from Warsaw and it was exactly what I expected; a big massive clusterf*ck of a mess. First went to the VFS global center, which is at a completely different address that what is posted on Google maps. Not sure if that's a Google issue or what, but something to keep in mind for anyone looking up the Warsaw VFS on Google maps. Chlodna 51, 22nd Floor, Warsaw 00-867 is the correct address.

Got to the VAC and it was chaos. The queue had no markings for walk-ins or appointments. Just a huge amount of people crammed in a single hallway with the 2 people at the office's door blocking everyone. No walk-ins accepted, like I was told over the phone. Many people there had biometric appointments for later in May (earliest date they could get), but were there to try to change their appointment dates to earlier since the website wasn't working correctly.

Went to the Embassy afterwards and it was the same; no walk-ins, appointments only. Luckily it was less busy and chaotic. But all this talk of walk-ins is completely false. There are no walk-ins and they won't let you in at either place without an appointment. So if you are a UA refugee looking to get to Canada and are trying to get your biometrics done, good luck. You're only hope is to somehow hope and pray the website has some openings. Luckily I was able to get an appointment for the Embassy next week so our appointment is only 1 week out. I would say booking at the Embassy seems to work better than the VAC, as the website reservation system seems to actually function (as of yesterday) for the Embassy, and it's much more organized in terms of a proper queue there.
Still have to complete biometrics though so people should still keep an eye out for VAC appointment openings.