+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada prepared to welcome an 'unlimited number' of Ukrainians fleeing war, minister says

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
So they let in unlimited numbers of Ukrainian TRV applicants, yet they alienate applicants from other nations who apply TRV or Family sponsorships - for them its the same old lines "Refused due to Family ties" ... "Relationship non genuine".... or "We are processing your application please we will get in touch with you in about 1-3 years"...
If there was no Ukrainian war, my wife would never be here - that is sad.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So they let in unlimited numbers of Ukrainian TRV applicants, yet they alienate applicants from other nations who apply TRV or Family sponsorships - for them its the same old lines "Refused due to Family ties" ... "Relationship non genuine".... or "We are processing your application please we will get in touch with you in about 1-3 years"...
If there was no Ukrainian war, my wife would never be here - that is sad.
They are not going to approve all applicants and many can’t apply to come to Canada because they don’t have the funds to fly to Canada and start a life here while waiting to get a WP and find a job.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
They are not going to approve all applicants and many can’t apply to come to Canada because they don’t have the funds to fly to Canada and start a life here while waiting to get a WP and find a job.
Its not that hard to gather 500 bucks for a 1 way ticket.
There are thousands of Canadians opening up their homes to host Ukrainian families, for free with food and lodging. So yeah they are lining up en masse lol
Theres even talk of humanitarian charters...

Reactions: scylla

o.fkt

Mar 19, 2022
Good morning forum members! I am a Ukrainian citizen who is at the moment staying in Romania. I am displaced from Ukraine because of what is happening. I've been visiting friends and got stuck. I signed up for the IRCC side and have begun completing the Canada-Ukraine authorization for emergency travel (CUAET) forms.

At the Contact Information section, I am asked; 'What's your residential address (This is the address where you currently live)'.
Please tell me, what country I should input? Romania, where I am physically present, or Ukraine?
At the lower section of the page, it is asked 'List your current country or territory of residence' there is an 'Add" button by pressing which you add information into a box.
Does it mean I have to add Romania? If so, there is a dropbox with options describing various statuses. My case, I suppose, is either 'Other', (with the following clarification field* )'Visitor', or 'Foreign national'. Then, dates and the tick box 'This is where I currently live'.

Now, I naturally filled the top address section with my present address in Romania. At the lower box, I added - Romania/Other (+description*)/date/This is where I currently live.
Pressed 'Save and Continue', got the 'Error, one must be current residence which is ongoing'. Which prohibits me from going to the next page. I am a bit confused.

Could you please help me and guide me through this. Thank you very much.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Its not that hard to gather 500 bucks for a 1 way ticket.
There are thousands of Canadians opening up their homes to host Ukrainian families, for free with food and lodging. So yeah they are lining up en masse lol
Theres even talk of humanitarian charters...
Very unlikely that something like 100k+ Ukrainians will come to Canada. We’ll have to wait and see but I am guessing we are looking at tens of thousands coming to Canada not hundreds of thousands. Many do not have $500/per person which isn’t the true cost of actual travel to Canada. There are families who are offering temporary accommodations but likely thousands of households not 10k+ households. Many Ukrainians have family members fighting in Ukraine so will not want to leave Europe when their brothers, husbands, sons, fathers, etc. are fighting unless they have very close family members. The majority arriving will have a connection to Canada like family or friends.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Good morning forum members! I am a Ukrainian citizen who is at the moment staying in Romania. I am displaced from Ukraine because of what is happening. I've been visiting friends and got stuck. I signed up for the IRCC side and have begun completing the Canada-Ukraine authorization for emergency travel (CUAET) forms.

At the Contact Information section, I am asked; 'What's your residential address (This is the address where you currently live)'.
Please tell me, what country I should input? Romania, where I am physically present, or Ukraine?
At the lower section of the page, it is asked 'List your current country or territory of residence' there is an 'Add" button by pressing which you add information into a box.
Does it mean I have to add Romania? If so, there is a dropbox with options describing various statuses. My case, I suppose, is either 'Other', (with the following clarification field* )'Visitor', or 'Foreign national'. Then, dates and the tick box 'This is where I currently live'.

Now, I naturally filled the top address section with my present address in Romania. At the lower box, I added - Romania/Other (+description*)/date/This is where I currently live.
Pressed 'Save and Continue', got the 'Error, one must be current residence which is ongoing'. Which prohibits me from going to the next page. I am a bit confused.

Romania is your current residential address.

o.fkt

Mar 19, 2022
Romania is your current residential address.
Thank you. Ok, I have entered again my current Romanian address (at the top of the page,) at the lower box added: Romania, /Status: Other (+with a short explanation)/dates/checkbox: This is where I currently live.
Save and Continue. It keeps giving me an error message at the top of the page " Error: Countries or territories of residence - List your current country or territory of residence, then add all other countries..."
Can it be a technical issue, or perhaps I am doing something wrong?

Last edited:

Masjuy

Dec 6, 2020
Many families cannot leave Ukraine now because men 18-60 yrs cannot cross the boarders. And of course it’s not 500 dol ticket, you need much more. I would say yes, some ppl will come but if they have support relatives or friends here, otherwise they will stay in Europe

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

For residential address, I think you should list your address in Ukraine.

For your current country / territory of residency, I think you should list your temporary address in Romania.

Foxcub

Mar 21, 2022
Thank you. Ok, I have entered again my current Romanian address (at the top of the page,) at the lower box added: Romania, /Status: Other (+with a short explanation)/dates/checkbox: This is where I currently live.
Save and Continue. It keeps giving me an error message at the top of the page " Error: Countries or territories of residence - List your current country or territory of residence, then add all other countries..."
Can it be a technical issue, or perhaps I am doing something wrong?
Did you get to send your request?
It's unlikely a technical issue.
You need to write your address in Ukraine and Romanian adress only for your mailing address.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
5 days now (weekend inc.) our passport is at Vfs Bucharest with radio freakin' silence.
No response to email inquiries and their phone number doesn't exist.
What kind of SH%T is this?