Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
BCguy said:
Yes go ahead,Weather is Warmer,Process is faster just remember there is a reason why the line for Canada is longer then Australia,The BETTER places have longer lines,FACT more people in line to come to Canada then Australia btw ask somebody to explain the Aussie Hobby of Curry Bashing so you know what to expect.
OK,Curry Bashing is a common Australian Pastime of looking around and beating up the first South Asian they run across,The attacks run into a few thousands every year and are done with no provokation aside from the fact you are from India,Pakistan,Bangladesh etc.Reason why I feel bitter about this is My friend who was from India originally was shopping for Groceries in Sydney was suddenly attacked by 3 Aussie youth,They stopped beating him only after they realized he was Canadian,They told him to go back to Canada where Brown people,Black people and Yellow people are Welcome and tell his kind to go there instead of Australia.I remain a proud Canadian that welcomes Brown,Black,White,Yelllow etc to Canada

sushid0c

Star Member
Oct 25, 2007
hi.

job prospects are certainly better in australia. A friend of mine went to new zealand for higher studies (hotel management) and then finally moved on to australia. Other friends from IT sector who went there a a few years back and are comfortably settled.. The same people had they moved to canada would not have done so. Foreign credentials are given due consideration and it is easier to integrate even if you are a middle level academic performer. Brilliant people with very high academic records can go wherever they want and still get good jobs. I dont think we should judge australia by the recent spate of attacks. These friends of mine would never even think of moving out. I guess it is a matter of choice of locality to stay. Even in india there are good localities and crime infested ones. If you choose to stay in the latter then obviously you are subjecting yourself to such dangers.

My personal opinion is that choose a place which offers you a good career prospects .....because after all why is one moving to another nation ....for a better life ...and I think australia is good.

CanSun

Star Member
Mar 2, 2009
There is Racism everywhere - Australia, Canada, USA, EU, New Zealand etc!!! But its not good to vilify a country based on that. Recently here in Canada there was a lot of news coverage regarding racist rallies in Alberta and Manitoba. So there is Racism in Canada too unlike a lot of people who claim that there is no racism in Canada. The Official Term in Canada for non white people is Visible Minority - as per United Nations that term itself is racist. Also if you look at the CIC website, there is a news and video coverage to stop racism in Canada. If there is no Racism in Canada - then why would the government try to stop something which doesnt exist.

But Racism is not major in either Canada or Australia. There maybe some isolated incidents but thats about it. Bottomline, Canada, Australia, USA and New Zealand are all Nations of Immigrants and new immigrants are always welcome in these 4 countries barring some isolated incidents here and there which grab media attention.

Regarding jobs and immigration - I hear Australia and New Zealand are easier and faster to immigrate to and get jobs for foreigners compared to Canada(specially with the new 38 list) and USA but as a whole North America (USA and Canada) is the best place in the world -economically, militarily or culturally - no questions about that - thats undisputed. Thats why everyone from the whole wide world tries to come to USA and Canada.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
CanSun said:
There is Racism everywhere - Australia, Canada, USA, EU, New Zealand etc!!! But its not good to vilify a country based on that. Recently here in Canada there was a lot of news coverage regarding racist rallies in Alberta and Manitoba. So there is Racism in Canada too unlike a lot of people who claim that there is no racism in Canada. The Official Term in Canada for non white people is Visible Minority - as per United Nations that term itself is racist. Also if you look at the CIC website, there is a news and video coverage to stop racism in Canada. If there is no Racism in Canada - then why would the government try to stop something which doesnt exist.

But Racism is not major in either Canada or Australia. There maybe some isolated incidents but thats about it. Bottomline, Canada, Australia, USA and New Zealand are all Nations of Immigrants and new immigrants are always welcome in these 4 countries barring some isolated incidents here and there which grab media attention.

Regarding jobs and immigration - I hear Australia and New Zealand are easier and faster to immigrate to and get jobs for foreigners compared to Canada(specially with the new 38 list) and USA but as a whole North America (USA and Canada) is the best place in the world -economically, militarily or culturally - no questions about that - thats undisputed. Thats why everyone from the whole wide world tries to come to USA and Canada.
Agreed,But it is punished severely,So cite a famous recent case,A mom drew swastikas on her 4 year old daughter s arm and taught her kid minorities should be sent home,The goverment took away her kids from her and She will never see them again until she recants her racist views,Try doing that in Australia,Remove the kids of all racist parents,That should create millions of racist orphans,Try being a racist in Canada and watch how the Goverment will crush you.Yes Racism exists in Canada but it is not tolerated and crushed in Australia.....

tito1

Apr 6, 2009
giancab said:
Yes, you have to be younger than 45, but what's the age to get the maximum points? And what about the other requirements?

Still, Australia does not offer immigrants the same immigration services Canada does. Forget free English classes, etc..

And did you check the cost of the application? Should be about $4200.

take a look at this for more info:

http://www.immi.gov.au/

I was forgetting, they want 7.5 in each IELTS section.

G.
correction
•IELTS TRF Number to show you have a band score of at least six (6) on each of the four (4) components – speaking, reading, listening and writing.

New2Canada

Mar 6, 2009
http://news.rediff.com/report/2009/jun/09/indian-victims-in-australia-says-attacks-were-not-racial.htm

http://www.zmag.org/znet/viewArticle/9062

"Neither is what happened to Paul isolated to B.C. Canada.com explains how "police in Saskatoon have come under fire recently after five incidents involving four deaths and one near-death of aboriginal or Metis men who were found frozen in the remote outskirts of the city." There, where winter temperatures regularly drop to minus 30C (-20F), the practice was to drive Native men far outside the city and make them walk back.

On top of being more likely to die at the hands of the police "adult Aboriginal people are incarcerated more than eight times the national rate [11 times according to some stats]. In Saskatchewan, the adult Aboriginal incarceration rate is over 1,600 per 100,000, compared to 48 per 100,000 for adult non-Aboriginals." (gov.mb.ca) A study titled Aboriginal Peoples in Federal Corrections by the Ministry of the Solicitor General "showed that Aboriginal inmates waive their rights to a parole hearing more frequently than do other inmates. Parole is also denied at a higher rate than for non-Aboriginal offenders, and when parole is granted, it is usually later in the inmate's sentence. In addition, the revocation rate for Aboriginal offenders on conditional release is higher than for the general offender population." "

BakuSalman

Jun 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2011
AOR Received.
10-11-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with docs
File Transfer...
01-12-2011 Eligibility passed: 08-06-2012
Med's Request
17-09-2012 Re-Medical Request 08-08-2014
Med's Done....
07-11-2012, 27-08-2014 Med's on Ecas: 08-12-2012
Interview........
Hope so waived
Passport Req..
Soon Inshallah
VISA ISSUED...
Soon Inshallah
LANDED..........
Soon Inshallah
Australia full of sports, nice warm weather

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
valioiko said:
BakuSalman said:
Canada full of nature, nice cold wether

nice cold weather....i guess it is a positive for some. When it comes to weather, BC is really nice i heard.

BakuSalman

Jun 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2011
AOR Received.
10-11-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with docs
File Transfer...
01-12-2011 Eligibility passed: 08-06-2012
Med's Request
17-09-2012 Re-Medical Request 08-08-2014
Med's Done....
07-11-2012, 27-08-2014 Med's on Ecas: 08-12-2012
Interview........
Hope so waived
Passport Req..
Soon Inshallah
VISA ISSUED...
Soon Inshallah
LANDED..........
Soon Inshallah
well my dear i have lived in extreme cold weather...it looks Good for some days but not for 8 months...
People cry for Sun shine....Canadians become happy in summers not in winters asked anybody who lives there.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
BakuSalman said:
well my dear i have lived in extreme cold weather...it looks Good for some days but not for 8 months...
People cry for Sun shine....Canadians become happy in summers not in winters asked anybody who lives there.
I guess sarcasm gets lost in forums lol.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
rupeshhari said:
valioiko said:
BakuSalman said:
Canada full of nature, nice cold wether
Well We have nice weather compared to the rest of Canada and Our Education Minister launched an initiative to recruit Indian and Pakistani students to BC.Our new Cabinet was just announced and Our New Solicitor General and Public Safety Minister is Indo Canadian,wonder what our new top cop will do to racists,So Out a Cabinet of 24,2 Chinese,1 Japanese and 2 Indo Canadians Ministers So lets see Canada Full of Sports Winter sports,Nice Temperate weather and Nicer people

nice cold weather....i guess it is a positive for some. When it comes to weather, BC is really nice i heard.

abhi_hola

Star Member
Nov 16, 2008
canada or australia - nice options!
One is a freezer other is a stove!
In one there are no jobs; in another you may be stabbed to dead by some knucklehead!
in one you will play lacrosse & in another a special version of football - i guess you dont know rules of either!

it is costly, but guess australia is better; at least you can meet steve waugh;