+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada or Australia Migration

mibrahim

Feb 2, 2009
This is for my brother who is working as an IT professional in Dubai.... He is planning to migrate to Canada or Australia. But he is still not sure where to migrate.... I would really appreciate if somebody who has experience in this could give valuable suggestions..

Is Canada or Australia a better place to migrate ?? Pls give ur valuable advices and

suggestions ..

Ibrahim

john5655

Jan 25, 2009
my opinion

I recommend your brother visit both countries for an extended holiday to experience life before chosing which to apply for (it amazes me that anyone can apply to emigrate to a country that they have never been to before)

I'm no expert on Australia's immigration policy, but as I recall you have to be no older that 45 yrs old to apply for their equivalent of FSW

My personal choice would be Australia. However, I'll not be emigrating there because a) I'm too old and b) my partner prefers Canada

sushid0c

Star Member
Oct 25, 2007
hi.

For IT sector I think Australia is better especially if he is less than 45 yrs of age. In australia, to apply for FSW you need to be less than 45 years. Rest depends on him which country he wants to choose.

Nicholas

Star Member
Aug 6, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My opinion is that they are equally the same and equally different. The way of life is much the same and both having extemes in weather. I doubt he would go wrong with either country. Try for both and see what happens.

giancab

Jan 31, 2009
Yes, you have to be younger than 45, but what's the age to get the maximum points? And what about the other requirements?

Still, Australia does not offer immigrants the same immigration services Canada does. Forget free English classes, etc..

And did you check the cost of the application? Should be about $4200.

take a look at this for more info:

http://www.immi.gov.au/

I was forgetting, they want 7.5 in each IELTS section.

G.

mitzi

Oct 7, 2008
Canada is better unless you want your Christmas/Dec to be in the summer time while the rest of the world is in Winter :)))

OrangeCounty

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
With the spate of attacks on students of asian/south-east asian origin, in Australia, I doubt if immigration to that country makes sense. These racially motivated attacks have been simmering for a while, according to people who have worked/studied there. I was skeptical too, until the recent news of attacks.

Moreover, 7.5 on IELTS on each section seems a bit high considering that many "native" speakers will themselves find it difficult to reach that band.

I have visited neither Australia nor Canada, so cannot relate to any personal experience - only hearsay from friends/relatives. From what I hear, Canada is much more tolerant than Australia. Weather in Australia might be great, but who cares when your basic needs are not met!

New2Canada

Mar 6, 2009
Both are great option.
As for racism, Australia is known to have more of it but I would not go by news on those attacks. I spoke to South Asian friends of mine living in Australia (both Indian and otherwise) and none of them will even think of leaving Australia.

If you looked in the news recently, many people from Sri Lanka were protesting the war in their country which means they were more visible than other South Asian minorities. Also Sri Lanka has many students in Australia. No attacks on Sri Lankan origin people have been reported. Their lobby power is large in Australia so if one of them got attacked, it will be on the news.

I think there is more to the recent attacks than what we have heard in the news and it could be due to poor students from certain countries taking jobs in not-so-good areas in Australia. If racism was rampant against one country, Australians will attack anyone who looks like people from that country. I do not think they can discern between Indians, Pakistanis, Nepali, Sri Lankans and Bangladeshis.

All attacks seem to be on students (except for one which was on a cabbie). The cab driver did say it was an opportunistic attack by the passenger because his tire blew while driving rather than due to racism. If racism was rampant, then students wouldn't be the only people getting attacked. But students being poor do live in poorer areas.

Don't go by the news on attacks. Rather research it yourself before making that decision. Both countries are good but I prefer Canada.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
To the Advocates of Australia,My only comment is 'Curry Bashing" is not in the Canadian Vocabulary.We have had a Indo Canadian at the Highest Level Premier of BC,The Head of State of Canada is Black Haitian and Our Lieautenant Governor General is Aboroginal.When will an Australian State have a Indo Australian Leader,A Black Head of State in Australia and an Aboriginal heading a Australian State,Until that happens and Curry Bashing is removed from the Australian,I remain a Proud Canadian

nimmiboy

Apr 22, 2005
Riyadh - KSA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pls visit this link for a general idea about both countries:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Canada_versus_Australia

Regards

valioiko

Star Member
Jul 27, 2008
BCguy said:
To the Advocates of Australia,My only comment is 'Curry Bashing" is not in the Canadian Vocabulary.We have had a Indo Canadian at the Highest Level Premier of BC,The Head of State of Canada is Black Haitian and Our Lieautenant Governor General is Aboroginal.When will an Australian State have a Indo Australian Leader,A Black Head of State in Australia and an Aboriginal heading a Australian State,Until that happens and Curry Bashing is removed from the Australian,I remain a Proud Canadian
Exactly! I would add to this great posting that it's healthier to live in Canada, and this is because of the climate.

New2Canada

Mar 6, 2009
BCguy said:
There are many people of colour in high position in Australia (maybe not head of state but in high position nonetheless). Which other country has given the head of their security agency (secret service) to a member of a minority group. The new envoy to India from Australia is Indian!!! and used to be the head of their secret service, which may be one of the most sensitive appointed positions in the world.

Remember that there has been many church attacks in India as student attacks in Australia. I still don't consider India to anti-Christian. Couple of years ago, they even burnt an Australian alive.

Also one needs to think if those attacked in Australia will actually leave Australia. The latest student to be attacked, said he is moving suburbs, which means he lives in a bad suburb and guess what, crime is bad in bad neighbourhoods in general.

I do like Canada better though. However, if my option was to either immigrate to Australia or stay home. I would pack my bags and go down under.

Hindu_Sikh_Bro_Bro

Star Member
May 14, 2009
Australia = Good job prospects, easy recognition of foreign credentials, full of sports, nice warm weather, with a bit of racism.

Canada = The other way round, but mostly very nice people.

..And because racism is a HUGE factor for me to consider before moving abroad, I'll give up all the good things Australia can offer.

BakuSalman

Jun 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2011
AOR Received.
10-11-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with docs
File Transfer...
01-12-2011 Eligibility passed: 08-06-2012
Med's Request
17-09-2012 Re-Medical Request 08-08-2014
Med's Done....
07-11-2012, 27-08-2014 Med's on Ecas: 08-12-2012
Interview........
Hope so waived
Passport Req..
Soon Inshallah
VISA ISSUED...
Soon Inshallah
LANDED..........
Soon Inshallah
Hello,

My application status:
Sent application to Sydney NS: 26th April 2009
Received AOR/recommendation from Sydney: 02 June 2009

Now i am facing great trouble. I can't send full application to islamabad since i have not taken TEF Basic French exam yet and on my inquiry French Alliance told me that it would take a year to pass Basic french from level 1 to 3 and later needed to appear in TEF exam too.

I have only 120 days and it seems to me better if i withdrawl my case and apply again with TEF result.

But My one Friend advice me to apply for Australian immigration since it is easy compare to Canadian Immigration policies. For Australian immigration i don't need to take French course just IELTS result is enough And processing time is 7 months.

Kindly let me know if anyone else is also interesting in Australian immigration?

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Yes go ahead,Weather is Warmer,Process is faster just remember there is a reason why the line for Canada is longer then Australia,The BETTER places have longer lines,FACT more people in line to come to Canada then Australia btw ask somebody to explain the Aussie Hobby of Curry Bashing so you know what to expect.