+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada-India travel ban extended till Sep 2021. Let's Organize!

Shadow_Man

Dec 7, 2019
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23/04/2021
Med's Done....
23-11-2020
Passport Req..
24-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2021
Yes we must pressurise MEA and other Indian diplomats. There is no more scientific reasoning with Canada's decision. Even if they extended direct flights it would never have been a big issue for us, at least if they allowed covid tests issued from India. That wouldn't have made our lives as miserable as it is now(one way ticket price that costs us a leg and arm and the apparent issues that lies between each country we have to transit).

Well you can say that apparently tests could be faked here and I strongly agree with that. Covid Tests can be faked for sure here. The solution is not banning every tests, they should have accepted tests which they can get proof to prove its genuineness(such as QR codes, Online validation, trusted agency certificates). Literally it is all possible if they really wanted to not make our lives a mess.

I won't complain tho. It is all my Nation's people's fault. Some caused troubles now everyone suffers. Also the people who should be caring doesn't give shoot. So I won't blame IRCC or any other Canadian organisations.

Reactions: imisstraveling

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Yes we must pressurise MEA and other Indian diplomats. There is no more scientific reasoning with Canada's decision. Even if they extended direct flights it would never have been a big issue for us, at least if they allowed covid tests issued from India. That wouldn't have made our lives as miserable as it is now(one way ticket price that costs us a leg and arm and the apparent issues that lies between each country we have to transit).

Well you can say that apparently tests could be faked here and I strongly agree with that. Covid Tests can be faked for sure here. The solution is not banning every tests, they should have accepted tests which they can get proof to prove its genuineness(such as QR codes, Online validation, trusted agency certificates). Literally it is all possible if they really wanted to not make our lives a mess.

I won't complain tho. It is all my Nation's people's fault. Some caused troubles now everyone suffers. Also the people who should be caring doesn't give shoot. So I won't blame IRCC or any other Canadian organisations.
Exactly. No one to be blamed and no Country including India can put pressure on Canada’s Internal affairs. Its decision by Canada after recommendation from PHA. For now its best interest for Canadians and Residents.

UK had excluded fully vaccinated Canadians from Quarantine exceptions but granted US citizens exception. Does it make sense? May be yes or no. Canada will soon let fully vaccinated US citizens and Greencard holders to Canada but US has not yet make a move to allow fully vaccinated Canadians into the States. We were all concerned but incase of the UK’s we respect their decision. It will be naive to think that Indian Government or any other foreign nation can change this, and i would be focusing on third country departure option. Its hard truth, you can write essay about that, but that wont change anything rather than focus on other available options.

Last edited:

imisstraveling

Feb 11, 2021

Should we send an email to the HCI-CA, External Affairs and the Foreign minister? we all can send elaborating our issues and it might invite their attention.

Shadow_Man

Dec 7, 2019
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23/04/2021
Med's Done....
23-11-2020
Passport Req..
24-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2021
Should we send an email to the HCI-CA, External Affairs and the Foreign minister? we all can send elaborating our issues and it might invite their attention.
Maybe all of them but as Simba said they can't change Canada's decisions. Only thing left to do from their part is to provide us with better options. Maybe make a system that helps other Nations to check and validate documents related to travel. Also talking the matters with Canadian ministry might help or not. Highly unlikely since Canada's govt is at the best interest for Candians(which is what they should do like every other govt). Other than that there is not much to do.

on18wheels

Aug 11, 2021
folks, I have started a signature petition against this arbitrary and blatantly discriminatory and insulting ban on flights from India. please sign, share, and spread within your networks, social media, news channels (don't forget to tag authorities on both sides...indian and canadian). this needs to happen at a rapid pace else the people who are responsible for this will go scot-free. they should be answerable for their actions affecting an entire nation.

Link to the signature campaign: http://chng.it/zNCDmbGkbV

make it loud ... once news media (desi and canadian) picks up this noise, hopefully something will change.

Reactions: imisstraveling

Catmom

May 28, 2020
folks, I have started a signature petition against this arbitrary and blatantly discriminatory and insulting ban on flights from India. please sign, share, and spread within your networks, social media, news channels (don't forget to tag authorities on both sides...indian and canadian). this needs to happen at a rapid pace else the people who are responsible for this will go scot-free. they should be answerable for their actions affecting an entire nation.

make it loud ... once news media (desi and canadian) picks up this noise, hopefully something will change.
I understand all the rage and anger. But unfortunately our government doesnt care. I wonder why the useless Miinistry of external affairs collected our email and passport details few months back https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/covid-19-govt-extends-help-to-indian-students-studying-abroad-now-stuck-in-country/articleshow/83260010.cms

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Would you be focusing on that or let this all pass?
I would be focusing on third country option Catmom. There’s no guarantee this restriction will be lifted soon, I said this after the first extension and people didnt like it, call me names. If you can spend few more bucks to thirdparty, then do it. Weigh risks and benefits and make decision. I see lots of students are looking at north america, EU and Asia options, why not North Africa, South or East that has direct flights to Toronto? Trust me, two people to be blamed, Your Gvt decision to continue rally during covid, delta variant and travellers who produced fake covid tests. It doesnt need Phd to understand how people here freak out when they hear about delta variant….

alfakido

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
It's the bitter truth.
I would be focusing on third country option Catmom. There’s no guarantee this restriction will be lifted soon, I said this after the first extension and people didnt like it, call me names. If you can spend few more bucks to thirdparty, then do it. Weigh risks and benefits and make decision. I see lots of students are looking at north america, EU and Asia options, why not North Africa, South or East that has direct flights to Toronto? Trust me, two people to be blamed, Your Gvt decision to continue rally during covid, delta variant and travellers who produced fake covid tests. It doesnt need Phd to understand how people here freak out when they hear about delta variant….

Catmom

May 28, 2020
Sounds reasonable. Even if I look past extra bucks, this whole system of charging insane ticket prices from a third world country during pandemic sounds so unethical to me. I just dont't want to associate myself with this mess. My gut instinct tells me to wait.

Br33zer

Mar 18, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......

No offence but I sometimes find it funny how we consider ourselves to be chosen one and start to believe we have every right to enter a foreign land on a Temp Visa. Do you really think a foreign Govt would bow down to our demands? How many demands did we fulfil by these so called signature petitions in our own country? Did we ever pressurize our own public representatives? If our own Govt doesn't care, do you really think a foreign Govt would listen to us? They have every right to protect their own people from eminent dangers like Delta Variant. If we can't understand this simple thing, then let's make bigger castles in the air,

on18wheels

Aug 11, 2021
I understand all the rage and anger. But unfortunately our government doesnt care. I wonder why the useless Miinistry of external affairs collected our email and passport details few months back https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/covid-19-govt-extends-help-to-indian-students-studying-abroad-now-stuck-in-country/articleshow/83260010.cms
i understand your despair. we are living in times where a lot of things are not making sense. i started this signature campaign hoping that i am not alone in this...and by the looks of it, there are quite a few of us (at least here on this thread). i am also hopeful that people who are not directly affected by this ban will come and support us (just like you and i have supported causes in the past even though we were not directly affected). i hope we all understand the power of numbers...it's this power of numbers (supporters) that all politicians think they can do anything and also get away with it. please don't let your despair affect the activist in you. we may or may not make a difference if we act...we will definitely not make a difference if we don't act. so let's act and let's see what happens! cheers...

on18wheels

Aug 11, 2021
No offence but I sometimes find it funny how we consider ourselves to be chosen one and start to believe we have every right to enter a foreign land on a Temp Visa. Do you really think a foreign Govt would bow down to our demands? How many demands did we fulfil by these so called signature petitions in our own country? Did we ever pressurize our own public representatives? If our own Govt doesn't care, do you really think a foreign Govt would listen to us? They have every right to protect their own people from eminent dangers like Delta Variant. If we can't understand this simple thing, then let's make bigger castles in the air,
not everyone protesting this ban holds a temp visa...there are several permanent residents and citizens of canada. also, this protest is about singling out india and victimizing its people. it's similar to blaming china for covid-19 and targeting all chinese people for it. this ban is discriminatory and lacks reasoning (like all other forms of discrimination). i hope you will read the petition and make an informed opinion about the issue

i understand your despair. we are living in times where a lot of things are not making sense. i started this signature campaign hoping that i am not alone in this...and by the looks of it, there are quite a few of us (at least here on this thread). i am also hopeful that people who are not directly affected by this ban will come and support us (just like you and i have supported causes in the past even though we were not directly affected). i hope we all understand the power of numbers...it's this power of numbers (supporters) that all politicians think they can do anything and also get away with it. please don't let your despair affect the activist in you. we may or may not make a difference if we act...we will definitely not make a difference if we don't act. so let's act and let's see what happens!

Br33zer

Mar 18, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
not everyone protesting this ban holds a temp visa...there are several permanent residents and citizens of canada. also, this protest is about singling out india and victimizing its people. it's similar to blaming china for covid-19 and targeting all chinese people for it. this ban is discriminatory and lacks reasoning (like all other forms of discrimination). i hope you will read the petition and make an informed opinion about the issue

i understand your despair. we are living in times where a lot of things are not making sense. i started this signature campaign hoping that i am not alone in this...and by the looks of it, there are quite a few of us (at least here on this thread). i am also hopeful that people who are not directly affected by this ban will come and support us (just like you and i have supported causes in the past even though we were not directly affected). i hope we all understand the power of numbers...it's this power of numbers (supporters) that all politicians think they can do anything and also get away with it. please don't let your despair affect the activist in you. we may or may not make a difference if we act...we will definitely not make a difference if we don't act. so let's act and let's see what happens!
I understand your despair. Goodluck with your petition!

Reactions: on18wheels

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
i understand your despair. we are living in times where a lot of things are not making sense. i started this signature campaign hoping that i am not alone in this...and by the looks of it, there are quite a few of us (at least here on this thread). i am also hopeful that people who are not directly affected by this ban will come and support us (just like you and i have supported causes in the past even though we were not directly affected). i hope we all understand the power of numbers...it's this power of numbers (supporters) that all politicians think they can do anything and also get away with it. please don't let your despair affect the activist in you. we may or may not make a difference if we act...we will definitely not make a difference if we don't act. so let's act and let's see what happens! cheers...
Totally understand disappointment, but there are better way to address this. The tone you used when writting this was too emotional, hope you’ll reflect and take a piece of paper to do simple workaround. One thing i can guarantee is, Canada will not bow to petition demand, nor will be submissive. Canadians find there is nothing wrong with ban, and at one point complaining why our airspace was wide open. matter fact some think there are need to do more, like AU and AZ to quickly go back to normal. Fyi there were petitions opposing yours. It takes group of people to impose restriction, take same consultation group to lift one. Its not one man show. Goodluck with your petition