+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada-India travel ban extended till Sep 2021. Let's Organize!

Br33zer

Mar 18, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
thank you and please consider supporting us
Like I said before, I don't want to make castles in the air. My sister too has classes from next month but she chose to study from India until December to avoid this mess. But my good wishes for your petition.

Reactions: on18wheels

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Sounds reasonable. Even if I look past extra bucks, this whole system of charging insane ticket prices from a third world country during pandemic sounds so unethical to me. I just dont't want to associate myself with this mess. My gut instinct tells me to wait.
everything sounds unethical right now not only from airticket. I went to the BRICKS, prices are crazy and guess what, covid. It is true people either take advantage of the situation or it is reality. I have multiple delay from contractor and they give me covid delay reasons. To me, paying extra bucks sound reasonable than when your DLI places you next semester/year or you lose sit. It will cost you more, but most important “time” to graduate, time to apply for “pgwp” and time for your Residence. We live in uncertainity and we went to school to make decision during rough time. Consider one

Reactions: rogerdude1

on18wheels

Aug 11, 2021
Totally understand disappointment, but there are better way to address this. The tone you used when writting this was too emotional, hope you’ll reflect and take a piece of paper to do simple workaround. One thing i can guarantee is, Canada will not bow to petition demand, nor will be submissive. Canadians find there is nothing wrong with ban, and at one point complaining why our airspace was wide open. matter fact some think there are need to do more, like AU and AZ to quickly go back to normal. Fyi there were petitions opposing yours. It takes group of people to impose restriction, take same consultation group to lift one. Its not one man show. Goodluck with your petition
yes i agree, this petition is only one of the many ways to protest...i chose this way! now, all those opposing this petition (supporting the ban on india) are either ill-informed or have their own agenda (we know there are many). my intent of starting this campaign is to raise some noise so that people start talking about it (those who are not directly affected by it as well). it's the kind of support that anti-racism movement gets when it's supported by all section of our society, whether or not they are affected by it directly. my thinking is that if we get enough signatures, when federal elections are looming large in canada, some news channel or reporter will bring the irrationality of this ban out in prime time! long shot? definitely! possible? definitely! cheers

Reactions: imisstraveling

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
yes i agree, this petition is only one of the many ways to protest...i chose this way! now, all those opposing this petition (supporting the ban on india) are either ill-informed or have their own agenda (we know there are many). my intent of starting this campaign is to raise some noise so that people start talking about it (those who are not directly affected by it as well). it's the kind of support that anti-racism movement gets when it's supported by all section of our society, whether or not they are affected by it directly. my thinking is that if we get enough signatures, when federal elections are looming large in canada, some news channel or reporter will bring the irrationality of this ban out in prime time! long shot? definitely! possible? definitely! cheers
You are not seeing things, there are lots of issues on upcoming election one being about Canada Initial Response on Covid19. Questions will likely be, Did Feds respond on time to protect Citizens?Hope you’ll look at it on both sides, being as a citizen and or as foreign traveller. I know you are looking at how you “personally” being affected, i mean only YOU. and thats the end of thinking.
Im not opposing your petition, im not ill informed neither do have agenda. You are exercising your rights, and i am within my rights. Anyway, long story short…ALL THE BEST WITH YOUR PETITION

Reactions: Br33zer

imisstraveling

Feb 11, 2021
No offence but I sometimes find it funny how we consider ourselves to be chosen one and start to believe we have every right to enter a foreign land on a Temp Visa. Do you really think a foreign Govt would bow down to our demands? How many demands did we fulfil by these so called signature petitions in our own country? Did we ever pressurize our own public representatives? If our own Govt doesn't care, do you really think a foreign Govt would listen to us? They have every right to protect their own people from eminent dangers like Delta Variant. If we can't understand this simple thing, then let's make bigger castles in the air,
It's funny to see the replies in this thread. No one is forcing a foreign government to bow down or anything, at least not with a petition. It's an attempt to bring the difficulties in attention. Of course it is a long shot but can you suggest a different way other than this? Now, as you rightly suggested that we should pressurize our public representatives but can you tell me how to do this? Today I called MEA folks and secretary to US and Canada but unless media covers this and people start talking about it, no one is gonna give a flying f. If you have ever studies social sciences then you would be aware of something called 'pressure groups' and how it works. If someone is taking a initiative, irrespective of whether its a long shot or what, the lest one can do is to demoralize it. I guess with this logic, one could have mocked Gretta when she would have skipped her first class and sat along to protest against climate change. And what I have understood in the past few months that people here are dumb and stupid enough to spend lakhs on flight tickets but shy and too cool to email authorities, mobilize things and question. Again, no hard feelings with your or anyone but it has to be said.

Br33zer

Mar 18, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
It's funny to see the replies in this thread. No one is forcing a foreign government to bow down or anything, at least not with a petition. It's an attempt to bring the difficulties in attention. Of course it is a long shot but can you suggest a different way other than this? Now, as you rightly suggested that we should pressurize our public representatives but can you tell me how to do this? Today I called MEA folks and secretary to US and Canada but unless media covers this and people start talking about it, no one is gonna give a flying f. If you have ever studies social sciences then you would be aware of something called 'pressure groups' and how it works. If someone is taking a initiative, irrespective of whether its a long shot or what, the lest one can do is to demoralize it. I guess with this logic, one could have mocked Gretta when she would have skipped her first class and sat along to protest against climate change. And what I have understood in the past few months that people here are dumb and stupid enough to spend lakhs on flight tickets but shy and too cool to email authorities, mobilize things and question. Again, no hard feelings with your or anyone but it has to be said.
I understand your desperation too. Goodluck with your petition or building castles in the air or whatever you name it.

Reactions: Simba112

on18wheels

Aug 11, 2021
You are not seeing things, there are lots of issues on upcoming election one being about Canada Initial Response on Covid19. Questions will likely be, Did Feds respond on time to protect Citizens?Hope you’ll look at it on both sides, being as a citizen and or as foreign traveller. I know you are looking at how you “personally” being affected, i mean only YOU. and thats the end of thinking.
Im not opposing your petition, im not ill informed neither do have agenda. You are exercising your rights, and i am within my rights. Anyway, long story short…ALL THE BEST WITH YOUR PETITION
that's exactly the point...do Feds think that a flight ban on india (AND ONLY INDIA) will protect it's citizens? the unilateral ban doesn't make sense and logic, no matter what side of the aisle you are on.

anyways, thank you for your wishes...i am sure it's in good zest

imisstraveling

Feb 11, 2021
I understand your desperation too. Goodluck with your petition or building castles in the air or whatever you name it.
Desperate are those who are talking about spending lakhs on these travel. Good luck to you as well in mocking people and I hope someday someone teaches you how to have a conversation with reasoning.

Reactions: Catmom

Catmom

May 28, 2020
everything sounds unethical right now not only from airticket. I went to the BRICKS, prices are crazy and guess what, covid. It is true people either take advantage of the situation or it is reality. I have multiple delay from contractor and they give me covid delay reasons. To me, paying extra bucks sound reasonable than when your DLI places you next semester/year or you lose sit. It will cost you more, but most important “time” to graduate, time to apply for “pgwp” and time for your Residence. We live in uncertainity and we went to school to make decision during rough time. Consider one
Thanks Simba. My course started in May and my first semester is about to finish. My college has notified us that our second semester is online. I guess my PGWP is safe.
I understand the eagerness and curiousity of the young ones to reach there anyhow. But being a thirty-something, I know that 'only fools rush in'

@on18wheels Please continue your protest. Resistance is very important. I have already signed your petition, albeit, anonymously.

ragiii

Star Member
Aug 13, 2020
Like I said before, I don't want to make castles in the air. My sister too has classes from next month but she chose to study from India until December to avoid this mess. But my good wishes for your petition.
I read your posts and I understand your pro-Canada view point but it's vital to call BS when you notice one. I appreciate the fact that you encourage your sibling to take courses online. I was of the same thought a year ago when I started courses online thinking but I'm fed up now. It doesn't take a genius to understand that these decisions are politically motivated and there is nothing wrong in raising voice against discriminatory decisions that are politically motivated. Nobody raised this issue in June or July. No one was crying then. But the ban extension post July did not seem to make any sense what so ever seeing the relaxations they are making for other countries with higher case rates of the very same variant they want to avoid bringing in.

Sure, you don't want immigrants or international students entering Canada, but hey you can't have it both ways! They want the fees and the benefits that come with it but they don't want any thing else. You expect such behaviour from Private organizations not Governments. Do you know how many study permits have been denied post AIPs? What about the financial loss incurred by those students? I have attended the "webinars" they origanize encouraging students to start studies after AIP saying there's no need to worry about rejection post AIP but hey you still get the hammer.

Its vital to talk about such concerns because the moment we stay silent (like how our Government is staying silent) people would stop caring. I know its tough to make much difference in these cases seeing how both governments don't give two shits about this situation, but staying silent would mean letting them have our way with us. Your comments like "building castle in the air" seem really flashy but they are uncalled for at least at this point. If you are against it you are welcome to express it but avoid such stinging criticisms. I don't see anyone talking BS here. People are just expressing their respective concerns.

Br33zer

Mar 18, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I read your posts and I understand your pro-Canada view point but it's vital to call BS when you notice one. I appreciate the fact that you encourage your sibling to take courses online. I was of the same thought a year ago when I started courses online thinking but I'm fed up now. It doesn't take a genius to understand that these decisions are politically motivated and there is nothing wrong in raising voice against discriminatory decisions that are politically motivated. Nobody raised this issue in June or July. No one was crying then. But the ban extension post July did not seem to make any sense what so ever seeing the relaxations they are making for other countries with higher case rates of the very same variant they want to avoid bringing in.

Sure, you don't want immigrants or international students entering Canada, but hey you can't have it both ways! They want the fees and the benefits that come with it but they don't want any thing else. You expect such behaviour from Private organizations not Governments. Do you know how many study permits have been denied post AIPs? What about the financial loss incurred by those students? I have attended the "webinars" they origanize encouraging students to start studies after AIP saying there's no need to worry about rejection post AIP but hey you still get the hammer.

Its vital to talk about such concerns because the moment we stay silent (like how our Government is staying silent) people would stop caring. I know its tough to make much difference in these cases seeing how both governments don't give two shits about this situation, but staying silent would mean letting them have our way with us. Your comments like "building castle in the air" seem really flashy but they are uncalled for at least at this point. If you are against it you are welcome to express it but avoid such stinging criticisms. I don't see anyone talking BS here. People are just expressing their respective concerns.
At what point did I say not to pressurize or resist? I am all for pressurizing the Govt and Public Servants to get our answers. My question is, what is that you get pressurizing a foreign Govt? If people really want to do something about this then they have to pressurize their local public representatives. You get nothing by emailing or signing a petition against a foreign Govt. That is why I say this is nothing short of building castles in air. Please ask yourself, will your Govt care about your wellbeing or a foreigner. Rest, my best wishes for your petition.

ragiii

Star Member
Aug 13, 2020
At what point did I say not to pressurize or resist? I am all for pressurizing the Govt and Public Servants to get our answers. My question is, what is that you get pressurizing a foreign Govt? If people really want to do something about this then they have to pressurize their local public representatives. You get nothing by emailing or signing a petition against a foreign Govt. That is why I say this is nothing short of building castles in air. Please ask yourself, will your Govt care about your wellbeing or a foreigner. Rest, my best wishes for your petition.
Your point has already been made in some of the earlier posts here. I understand that such issues have to be taken to local government and not foreign government.

More specifically my comments are directed to such posts. I'm sure you'll still be saying "wE aRe LiViNg iN uNcErTaInTy dUe tO cOvId" 100 years from now. It's been more than a year pal. At this point such talks are nothing more than excuses.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Your point has already been made in some of the earlier posts here. I understand that such issues have to be taken to local government and not foreign government.

More specifically my comments are directed to such posts. I'm sure you'll still be saying "wE aRe LiViNg iN uNcErTaInTy dUe tO cOvId" 100 years from now. It's been more than a year pal. At this point such talks are nothing more than excuses.
Im curious to see outcome if talks are nothing more than excuses. All I see now is talk talk show and people writing essay. Petition has 20 signatures so far after 24hrs. If we can't focus on other options to reach to Canada, and we expect to sit on our laptops and do petition hoping Canada will lift suspension before Sept 21 review date then be it. Canada and US borders "land" were closed since March 2020, and there were pressure from Congress and Senator toward Canadian Government to reopen but Canada stood firm, and open this Month to FULLY Vaccinated after Canada achieved 75% vaccination rate. There are 35 plus Countries imposed Direct Commercial flights ban from India, I Guess all those countries' decision are illogical and we should have petition against them all. India and Canada have longstanding relationship in many facets, for years. They must be exchanging notes and hope they are working to have recommendations done to resume direct flights but at the moment, Third Country is the only viable option. Closing statement from Government of Canada speaks ton, not surprised why Top official from Indian Government are not protesting publicly.

Reactions: wonderbly

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Thanks Simba. My course started in May and my first semester is about to finish. My college has notified us that our second semester is online. I guess my PGWP is safe.
I understand the eagerness and curiousity of the young ones to reach there anyhow. But being a thirty-something, I know that 'only fools rush in'

@on18wheels Please continue your protest. Resistance is very important. I have already signed your petition, albeit, anonymously.
Yes, your PGWP as per the current policy is SAFE. In that situation, it make sense not to rush and continue virtual session for the next semester.

• Love