+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada-India travel ban extended till Sep 2021. Let's Organize!

on18wheels

Aug 11, 2021
Thanks Simba. My course started in May and my first semester is about to finish. My college has notified us that our second semester is online. I guess my PGWP is safe.
I understand the eagerness and curiousity of the young ones to reach there anyhow. But being a thirty-something, I know that 'only fools rush in'

@on18wheels Please continue your protest. Resistance is very important. I have already signed your petition, albeit, anonymously.
thank you...please also consider spreading the word in your social network. i have written to some social influencers if they can lend a voice (cold reach-out for help, i do not know them)

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
thank you...please also consider spreading the word in your social network. i have written to some social influencers if they can lend a voice (cold reach-out for help, i do not know them)
Dr Tam yday Press that 4th wave driven by DELTA VARIANT is underway. From 35 cases a day in July to 513 cases today in BC. Canada last 7days average is up 60% from last week. We are screwed and soon they’ll impose restrictions across provinces.
Good luck with petition…

https://apple.news/Am5IqyqwCRDOroLcN8FtQaA

Reactions: Br33zer

imisstraveling

Feb 11, 2021
https://www.thestar.com/opinion/star-columnists/2021/08/15/canadas-ban-on-direct-flights-from-india-is-a-sucker-punch-in-the-gut-to-thousands-of-canadians.html Interesting read.

I was also interviewed by a Canadian media giant a while back. hehe. It's important and healthy to outrage and dissent.
Thanks for sharing this. 4 days back, I wrote to around 230 Canadian media outlets and The Star was one of those. If not mine, I hope someone else's effort's are making our voices heard. Even i was contacted by few media outlets who assured that they will write about it. So happy to see this getting reported.

Last edited:

imisstraveling

Feb 11, 2021
41 signs to the petition so far...keep spreading the word and keep raising your dissent in your own ways/forums. @imisstraveling, @Catmom your efforts for media attention can be game changers

links once again, for anyone who joined this thread recently:
Twitter: End the ban on flights from India
Petition: End the ban on flights from India
Not sure if its gonna be a game changer or what but all i what is that this discrimination by canadian authorities should come in light.

CoderGeek

Star Member
Apr 20, 2021
someone just showed me this instagram video of a lady who managed to reach canada from india (via 2-days in mexico) during this ban. i do not know this lady and i cannot verify her claim or accuracy of the things mentioned in her video. sharing it with a STRONG CAVEAT that i DO NOT know if the story in this video is true or not, so use due diligence:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CSCX8cqne1J/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
There are tons of Videos in YouTube, students have traveled via many third countries to Canada. If you are finding it difficult to research and book a flight on your own, there are travel agents who can get you through. BTW, prices are skyrocketing at the moment and Airlines are minting money taking undo advantage of the circumstances.