+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada express entry for asylum applicant in the U.S.A.

Olguita

Nov 15, 2019
Hi everybody!

I am new here.... I need your help guys PLEASE. I am sooooo devastated... I've been called for an asylum interview (in the USA), and I've got a referral notice which means I have to go to court in 6 months and try to prove once again that I'm eligible for the asylum. In this case, can I still apply for Canada Express Entry? I already gathered most of the docs needed.... but I'm afraid now whether this court referral impacts my immigration to Canada...

Mandeep112

Apr 24, 2019
Hi guys,

I got ITA for express entry, have to fill my husband details. Under Husband documents, they ask for "country of residence: the person must be legal in this country", for my husband his asylum got rejected 2years back and he never had/have any work permit. I am the primary applicant and on H1B visa, but I am not sure what to put in country of residence of my husband.

Varun.taurus

Jul 2, 2012
Hi Guys, I am an asylum applicant with my wife and 1 child. Its been three years in US and still waiting to hear from the immigration. I want to apply for Express Entry to canada and as far as I know after reading this thread , Only applying through express entry to canada is the option seems left. Now the problem is my wife's Indian passport and daughter's passport has expired and as an asylum applicant, indian embassy are not going to renew it. So Is there any other way that I can still apply for Express Entry to Canada ? Please suggest..

aafathi

Nov 26, 2019
Status update : I’ve successfully landed in Canada 2 days ago ! Today I also returned to US using advance parole , so I’ll wrap up things here prior moving permanently to Canada .
Hello,
I'm in the same situation, did you applied for advance parole your self or did hired a lawyer? also did you mention that you are going to Canada in your advance Parole application?
Thanks in advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

aafathi

Nov 26, 2019
I’m not exactly sure what was in my application form since I’ve used a lawyer to help me with it , but I think the reason was to just travel and see my family and I provided a cover letter describing how much I need it , plus i think that it was mentioned in a form as well that I need to travel to Canada to complete my landing process . I also think that all that might not even matter and depends on the officer who’s reviewing your application . There is no direct instruction that would clearly state that advance parole must be denied for an asylum applicant, actually it’s the other way around , the I-589 form says : you must obtain advance parole in order to travel. These days everyone is freaking out to apply for advance parole and to use it even if you have it. I took a risk , but you should decide for yourself I think, and keep in mind that a risk of I-131 form denial is pretty high
Hi,
Can you please provide your lawyer contact info. I need help with my I-131 application.

MureEmmy

May 25, 2020
Hi !! Yes - good news , I received a PPR ! So, that means good news for all of you guys - Asylum status in US doesn’t matter , I still need to mail my passport though for actual visa stamping .
Hi,

I know this post is been a while but i and my spouse are also in the same situation you were. We now have 2 kids but our case is still pending. Can you please help with a step by step process as to getting a PR through EE.

Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

kaurravinder

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
Whether your Asylum interview affects Canada PR application or not. my file has already been submitted to canada government so if i take my asylum interview in US than what will be the consequences?
plz help if anyone knows this..

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
Y
Hi,
I have political asylum case pending in the USA. Recently i get to know EXPRESS ENTRY as a skilled worker program. I can fulfill express entry requirement.
Can i apply for EXPRESS ENTRY while ASYLUM CASE pending in the USA ?
Please note : I am not seeking Asylum in the Canada .
Please Reply.
Yes, you definitely can but must be declared in your application.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Whether your Asylum interview affects Canada PR application or not. my file has already been submitted to canada government so if i take my asylum interview in US than what will be the consequences?
plz help if anyone knows this..
There's no impact.