+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada express entry for asylum applicant in the U.S.A.

Jul 13, 2017
I am an asylum applicant in the U.S, and I am under Asylum Pending Status. I have been waiting for 2 years, and have not interviewed yet. Meanwhile, can I apply for express entry immigration program in Canada? If I am qualify, can I get the visa and go to Canada?

Please note that I am not asking to apply for asylum in Canada because I have already known that there is an agreement between Canada and the U.S.A My question is going to Canada through express entry. Thank you!

sayem_work

Jul 24, 2017
Hi,
I have political asylum case pending in the USA. Recently i get to know EXPRESS ENTRY as a skilled worker program. I can fulfill express entry requirement.
Can i apply for EXPRESS ENTRY while ASYLUM CASE pending in the USA ?
Please note : I am not seeking Asylum in the Canada .
Please Reply.

hasan.hadi

Sep 24, 2015
Baghdad
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/2/2017
Nomination.....
12/4/2017
i believe yes you can but you have to mentioned it in the application.

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am an asylum applicant in the U.S, and I am under Asylum Pending Status. I have been waiting for 2 years, and have not interviewed yet. Meanwhile, can I apply for express entry immigration program in Canada? If I am qualify, can I get the visa and go to Canada?

Please note that I am not asking to apply for asylum in Canada because I have already known that there is an agreement between Canada and the U.S.A My question is going to Canada through express entry. Thank you!
Yes of course you can apply for EE. You need at least 12 months of full time work experience, language test, medical exam, and background check from anywhere you have lived for more than 6 months, including the US. I don't think you need to mention your asylum case in the EE application. You only need to mention if you have been refused entry to any country.

Reactions: vivians2018

mishka2018

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018

Hello , have you tried applying ? I’m in the same situation , 2.5 yesrs waiting for asylum interview and I’m qualified for EE , just got my IELTS results

Reactions: vivians2018

vivians2018

Jul 25, 2018
Yes of course you can apply for EE. You need at least 12 months of full time work experience, language test, medical exam, and background check from anywhere you have lived for more than 6 months, including the US. I don't think you need to mention your asylum case in the EE application. You only need to mention if you have been refused entry to any country.
I am also wondering about that. Can you please update whether I can apply for EE while having a pending asylum case in USA. And, do I still need Advanced Parole documents from the US so that I can come back?

Garry1992

Star Member
May 10, 2018
Hello , any luck of gathering information about that ? I’ve spoke to a Canadian lawyer , he said there is no problem for US asylum seeker to apply for Express Entry.
I tried talking to many lawyers, I am getting a mix response. I am still confused about it. Do you have any further information on it?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Applying for EE should not be an issue if you have an asylum claim in the US. Obtaining any sort of visa prior to a successful EE application will be next to impossible. If you do apply, make sure you have everything in order before you leave the US to enter Canada as you will not be allowed re-entry to the US if your asylum claim is not determined.

mishka2018

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
I tried talking to many lawyers, I am getting a mix response. I am still confused about it. Do you have any further information on it?
What do those lawyers say?what would be the reason of not letting you get Canadian PR through EE according to them?

Garry1992

Star Member
May 10, 2018
What do those lawyers say?what would be the reason of not letting you get Canadian PR through EE according to them?
They say that i do not have a status in US.
One of them just told me that i can't get FBI and indian Police clearance certificate, which is a mandate for EE.

Do you have any further information? are you trying to talk to some lawyers too?

Also i checked there is actually no way to get PCC from India other then going to Indian Consulate(embassy) in USA and applying from there. I am not sure if they will issue a PCC to me. Because on their website they clearly said they are gonna check you visa and other details.

mishka2018

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
They say that i do not have a status in US.
One of them just told me that i can't get FBI and indian Police clearance certificate, which is a mandate for EE.

Do you have any further information? are you trying to talk to some lawyers too?

Also i checked there is actually no way to get PCC from India other then going to Indian Consulate(embassy) in USA and applying from there. I am not sure if they will issue a PCC to me. Because on their website they clearly said they are gonna check you visa and other details.
They aren’t checking your status in US, once you are asylum applicant , you are legally present (authorized to stay in the US) so why would it be the problem? In regards of police certificate- I just got mine from Ukrainian consulate , they only care about your passport and some ID, may be different from Indian consulate I guess . But my indian friend send power of attorney to his parents to India and they did the police certificate on his behalf . May be you could try that? I don’t know , I’m about to fill up my EE profile . Will see how it goes .

mishka2018

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
I am also wondering about that. Can you please update whether I can apply for EE while having a pending asylum case in USA. And, do I still need Advanced Parole documents from the US so that I can come back?
Yeah you can apply indeed . There is a question in the PR application form asking if you applied for asylum in any country ever. So you should say yes. Also, be aware that you have to get police certificates from the US and your country of origin ( can be obtained from the consulate). Advanced parole is a must if planning to come back to the states . But it’s close to impossible to get that one . Otherwise you’ll have to leave the states in order to land in Canda (which has to be done within a year from your medical exam). Good luck

Garry1992

Star Member
May 10, 2018
They aren’t checking your status in US, once you are asylum applicant , you are legally present (authorized to stay in the US) so why would it be the problem? In regards of police certificate- I just got mine from Ukrainian consulate , they only care about your passport and some ID, may be different from Indian consulate I guess . But my indian friend send power of attorney to his parents to India and they did the police certificate on his behalf . May be you could try that? I don’t know , I’m about to fill up my EE profile . Will see how it goes .
Hi Mishka
Do you have any update on Express entry? Did you apply?