+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada express entry for asylum applicant in the U.S.A.

Hibekay

Jun 3, 2021
Hi guys,

I got ITA for express entry, have to fill my husband details. Under Husband documents, they ask for "country of residence: the person must be legal in this country", for my husband his asylum got rejected 2years back and he never had/have any work permit. I am the primary applicant and on H1B visa, but I am not sure what to put in country of residence of my husband.
Hi please how did you resolve this and what was the outcome. Thanks

tcmkhi

Sep 7, 2021
Hi everyone, I'm very new in this thread, but in the same boat as most of us. I've been living in US with my family. My situation is that I applied for asylum in 2018 and I got my court hearing date for Aug 31, 2021, which recently extended till July 25, 2022. I've an EAD valid till Jan 2023. I've done my IELTS and ECA. At the time of filing my asylum application, my attorney did not include my family members in my application as my case is in the court (I don't know why he did so). Anyways, having this scenario, should I include my family members (wife and daughter) in my EE profile or should I apply singly? Please advise.

Hibekay

Jun 3, 2021
Hi everyone, I'm very new in this thread, but in the same boat as most of us. I've been living in US with my family. My situation is that I applied for asylum in 2018 and I got my court hearing date for Aug 31, 2021, which recently extended till July 25, 2022. I've an EAD valid till Jan 2023. I've done my IELTS and ECA. At the time of filing my asylum application, my attorney did not include my family members in my application as my case is in the court (I don't know why he did so). Anyways, having this scenario, should I include my family members (wife and daughter) in my EE profile or should I apply singly? Please advise.
Well as far as you USA Asylum application matters; did he at least indicate on your application that your family exist? Are they also in the USA with you. If not upon grant of your asylum you will be able to file for them to come be with you in the USA. Or did your family exist after your application?
As far as your EE profile is concerned you need to include them on your application and the proof of funds you will provide is the same even if they are not accompanying you.

tcmkhi

Sep 7, 2021
Well as far as you USA Asylum application matters; did he at least indicate on your application that your family exist? Are they also in the USA with you. If not upon grant of your asylum you will be able to file for them to come be with you in the USA. Or did your family exist after your application?
As far as your EE profile is concerned you need to include them on your application and the proof of funds you will provide is the same even if they are not accompanying you.
Yes, the attorney indicated and filled my family's details in my application, and my family is here with me in USA.

Hibekay

Jun 3, 2021
Yes, the attorney indicated and filled my family's details in my application, and my family is here with me in USA.
Since they are here with you in the states. Please ensure your attorney amends your court documents and submit before your next court date. If they were originally included they will have your same status and upon approval of your case all documents will arrive the same time. All the best.

Reactions: tcmkhi

tcmkhi

Sep 7, 2021
Since they are here with you in the states. Please ensure your attorney amends your court documents and submit before your next court date. If they were originally included they will have your same status and upon approval of your case all documents will arrive the same time. All the best.
Thanks for your response, and good hope as well.

sami970

Feb 24, 2022
Hey everyone I would like to follow up with this except I'm in a similar situation but the difference is that I was a minor when my parents applied for asylum.

Here is some context it took me years to understand the full picture:

my father had a pending i-458. we applied for a travel visa. He was advised by a lawyer in the US to start our immigration journey in the US for the i-485. We were not getting an i-485 interview appointment so the lawyer applied for us an asylum case a year later, I was 16 years old. As I understand I am a derivative for both the asylum and i-485 cases. It took 4 years for our initial i-485 interview and it was denied. The asylum is still pending. I graduated college recently and I haven't had a work permit for 2 years.

I am going to withdraw the asylum case and go for a postgraduate degree in Canada. Will I be denied a visa? I have ZERO intention in overstaying and going through all of this again. But I do want a second chance in getting a good degree and work opportunities.

Will the fact that I am a minor help me in getting a student visa?

TLDR
I was a minor when my parents applied for asylum and I am seeking to get a student visa in Canada. Will I be denied?

Yogi_151

Sep 12, 2022
Hello

i am glad that I found this chat or maybe god show me this thread. (Thanks God )

I am in Defensive Asylum process in US. And I am about to file a petition in coming month.I don’t have my passport with me and after knowing the fact that this would be longest process to get a greencard in US for an Indian citizen. I have made my mind to live in peace legally in Canada.
But my main question is how do I apply for PR if I don’t have a passport with me ??
or do I get my passport after applying petition or not ??

please some one help me

marcus labya

Oct 12, 2022
Hi !! Yes - good news , I received a PPR ! So, that means good news for all of you guys - Asylum status in US doesn’t matter , I still need to mail my passport though for actual visa stamping .
Congratulations! I am also an asylum seeker in the US and have a question.
First: Did you need to go back your home country to apply for the express program or just procressing pr during pending-asylum status?

Yogi_151

Sep 12, 2022
Congratulations! I am also an asylum seeker in the US and have a question.
First: Did you need to go back your home country to apply for the express program or just procressing pr during pending-asylum status?
Hi Marcus

While reading the all threads, you get to know the answers. Basically they don't have to go back to their county. They have got it from US only.

Reactions: marcus labya

marcus labya

Oct 12, 2022
Hi Marcus

While reading the all threads, you get to know the answers. Basically they don't have to go back to their county. They have got it from US only.
Thanks for helpful reply. One thing I have a little concern is I do not have a valid visa status, filed my asylum and waiting for interview. Is it gonna be ok to apply for ee an asylum seeker in US without a valid visa status but with valid passport?

Mar 21, 2023
Hi guys,

Can we please keep this thread going and give each other hope?

I’m wondering, for anyone who’s asylum was denied, did they ask you why it was denied while applying for canada permanent residency? Did they ask for papers the U . S sent you? lastly, there is a question for if you’ve ever been denied a visa. do you answer yes to this one since your asylum was denied? Or no?

Mar 21, 2023
Did anyone have to have an interview for permanent residency for canada inside the US? With a pending asylum or a denied asylum case? Please verify if yours was pending or denied and if you had an interview. Or they asked any questions about your asylum claim basis

Damdem2

Oct 27, 2023
Please I need an urgent assistance with an enquiry.

I valid Graduate Visa BRP in the UK but applied for Humanitarian Protection for myself and my children since May 2023. Our passports were collected then. However, I need my passport to do my biometrics at the Canadian Visa Application Centre and if my visa is approved, I intend relocating to Canada as my visa will expire in February 2025 and I don't know the result of my asylum claim as I have not been scheduled for the substantive interview.

I requested for passport from the UK Home Office and was told it won't be released until a decision has been made on my asylum claim. I don't know what to do because I don't want to be left stranded when my current visa expires and I don't want to forfeit the Canada PR I'm processing. When I went to submit my biometrics at the visa application center they insisted that I must provide my physical passport.