Passport Req..
2016-06-01
VISA ISSUED...
2016-07-15
LANDED..........
2016-09-27
I'll take a look, many thanks

salmanahm said:
I am not an IT guy but I know its a big industry here.
Better read this
http://www.itworldcanada.com/slideshow/15-it-certifications-that-pay-the-big-bucks

skdubai

Nov 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nice thread.. thanks Salman for such good info.

Just out of curiosity, how do they look at people who changed their carrer paths? I am originally a Business Administration (and MBA) grad, but now shifted to IT. Worked as an IT admin for years with all the necessary certifications. Is that a problem there?

salmanahm

Oct 9, 2009
Islamabad Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Transferred to London from Islamabad
NOC Code......
4131-0911-9216
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 Nov 2009
Doc's Request.
1 Jan 2010
Nomination.....
4th may 2010
AOR Received.
18th Aug 2010
Med's Done....
June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-1-15 PP received on 21-1-15
Thats the problem here. Education doesn't matters. Most of the certifications require grade 12. So whatever u have above that doesn't matters if u have that certification. I have done textile engineering and no one asked me why u r working as an electrician. All they are interested in is my 15 years of electrical experience and 442A red seal license.
So doesn't matter u r MBA or Phd. As long as u have international certifications and u know ur work its perfect.

skdubai said:
Nice thread.. thanks Salman for such good info.

Just out of curiosity, how do they look at people who changed their carrer paths? I am originally a Business Administration (and MBA) grad, but now shifted to IT. Worked as an IT admin for years with all the necessary certifications. Is that a problem there?

qureishi

Dec 9, 2011
Dear Salman ,

You will get the reward from Allah Almighty for the support you are providing to the forum. Can you please provide some guidance for HSE (Safety) profession. What is the scope ? What training's you will suggest ? What about Online training's ? do they have any worth in Canada ?

Thanks & Regards
Qureishi

skdubai

Nov 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
salmanahm said:
Thats the problem here. Education doesn't matters. Most of the certifications require grade 12. So whatever u have above that doesn't matters if u have that certification. I have done textile engineering and no one asked me why u r working as an electrician. All they are interested in is my 15 years of electrical experience and 442A red seal license.
So doesn't matter u r MBA or Phd. As long as u have international certifications and u know ur work its perfect.
Thanks.. sounds great. I cannot even count the number of times people have rejected me because of my degree, even though I have experience and certifications.

salmanahm

Oct 9, 2009
Islamabad Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4131-0911-9216
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 Nov 2009
Doc's Request.
1 Jan 2010
Nomination.....
4th may 2010
AOR Received.
18th Aug 2010
Med's Done....
June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
If u have experience in managing health and safety at construction sites than it great. Just read this and pass the exam
https://www.tssa.org
For other industrial traits jobs are less.
A couple of guys were in ministry exam with me for tssa.
I asked them and they said there are lot of jobs in construction but industrial are hard to find.

qureishi said:
Dear Salman ,

You will get the reward from Allah Almighty for the support you are providing to the forum. Can you please provide some guidance for HSE (Safety) profession. What is the scope ? What training's you will suggest ? What about Online training's ? do they have any worth in Canada ?

Thanks & Regards
Qureishi

letstry

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SAK18 said:
Thanks Salman for the detailed explanation about canada and its job market.

Have you any idea about job market for SAP consultant (SAP Financials or SAP supply chain certification) in canada? I will do this certification in near future so your thoughts on this will be helpful.

Regards,
Me too am an SAP Consultant with 10 years of Experience.. But unfortunately, SAP Certification is not listed in the following link.. :(

salmanahm said:
I am not an IT guy but I know its a big industry here.
Better read this
http://www.itworldcanada.com/slideshow/15-it-certifications-that-pay-the-big-bucks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Salman,

Thanks for all your valuable inputs.

I work in IT (2174) on Mainframe platform. 2.2 years work experience in India.

Though it would be awesome to get a job in my own field, I am very flexible and open to pursuing a different line of work.

Could you please suggest what certification I would need to find a job (not necessarily in IT).

I have a bachelor's in Computer Science from India. If I come to Canada and do a certification there, will it be considered as a "Canadian Credential"? What are my options here?

Appreciate your time and effort.

Thanks,

Raj

sango

Apr 13, 2011
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30/05/2016 Montréal, and became PR
Thanks for these inputs. Quebec & Ontario which one has more jobs prospects for chartered accountants? I am ACCA qualified, with over 9 yrs experience as fianacial analyst, and this body has mutual recognition with CGA canada (Certified General Accountant Canada). So I need only do Canadian Tax and Law to get CGA, and that can be done online; currently waiting for passport request and intend to land by April 2016; please advice,

salmanahm

Oct 9, 2009
Islamabad Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4131-0911-9216
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 Nov 2009
Doc's Request.
1 Jan 2010
Nomination.....
4th may 2010
AOR Received.
18th Aug 2010
Med's Done....
June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
I haven't met anyone with this certification but ACCA is in demand. Chartered accountants are making good money here and let me know when u arrive. I can hook u up with the right guy. Initial employment will be with the agency.
Regards
Salman
sango said:
Thanks for these inputs. Quebec & Ontario which one has more jobs prospects for chartered accountants? I am ACCA qualified, with over 9 yrs experience as fianacial analyst, and this body has mutual recognition with CGA canada (Certified General Accountant Canada). So I need only do Canadian Tax and Law to get CGA, and that can be done online; currently waiting for passport request and intend to land by April 2016; please advice,

salmanahm

Oct 9, 2009
Islamabad Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4131-0911-9216
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 Nov 2009
Doc's Request.
1 Jan 2010
Nomination.....
4th may 2010
AOR Received.
18th Aug 2010
Med's Done....
June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
International certifications like A+, CCNA are equal in all the countries no matter where u do it from.
My advice is try pursuing the same career u were in before. Change of career here means u have to stsrt all over again.
I ll look for someone certified in this kind of work and let u know when I find one.
Regards
Salman

rajkamalmohanram said:
Salman,

Thanks for all your valuable inputs.

I work in IT (2174) on Mainframe platform. 2.2 years work experience in India.

Though it would be awesome to get a job in my own field, I am very flexible and open to pursuing a different line of work.

Could you please suggest what certification I would need to find a job (not necessarily in IT).

I have a bachelor's in Computer Science from India. If I come to Canada and do a certification there, will it be considered as a "Canadian Credential"? What are my options here?

Appreciate your time and effort.

Thanks,

Raj

Reactions: Prospective12

salmanahm

Oct 9, 2009
Islamabad Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4131-0911-9216
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 Nov 2009
Doc's Request.
1 Jan 2010
Nomination.....
4th may 2010
AOR Received.
18th Aug 2010
Med's Done....
June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Ontario definitely have more jobs for immigrants than all other places but as u r landing as QSW so u have to stay in Quebec until u get ur nationality.

sango said:

Fsasamir

Star Member
Mar 25, 2015
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
Med's Done....
salmanahm said:
Ontario definitely have more jobs for immigrants than all other places but as u r landing as QSW so u have to stay in Quebec until u get ur nationality.
Although, Ontario has more jobs for immigrants, competition is also very tough there. Therefore, some people do not find its a good idea to land in Ontario.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
salmanahm said:
International certifications like A+, CCNA are equal in all the countries no matter where u do it from.
My advice is try pursuing the same career u were in before. Change of career here means u have to stsrt all over again.
I ll look for someone certified in this kind of work and let u know when I find one.
Regards
Salman
Great!! Awesome!! Thanks a ton, appreciate it!!