Canada Explained

toludee

Sep 17, 2014
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
11-10-2017
Pipis Husband said:
Congratulations, I also bought my house exactly one year after I landed using only funds I made in Canada. It's very achievable with focus and divine favor. I believe you're in the GTA? All the best ahead :)
Egbon correct, go buzz u in camera, as soon as AVO issues PPR hope thats ok,

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
toludee said:
Egbon correct, go buzz u in camera, as soon as AVO issues PPR hope thats ok,
It's no problem at all :)

ali_aff

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
File Transfer...
SLU - 03-07-2015
Med's Request
29-07-2015
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
Passport Req..
14-09-2015 - submission 05-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-09-2015 - passport received on 21-10-2015
LANDED..........
17-04-2016 - received PR 19-06-2016 - OHIP 19-07-2016
Well Lord has a different story for everyone!
I found that starting life in Canada is no different than when I started my life as an independent person back home approx. 15 years ago. The only thing that frighten most people is leaving their comfort zone and going to uncertainty from certain and stable patterns and taking risks.

Getting Canadian certification and Canadian experience are just an entry barriers which we always advocate if someone else would enter in our home country job market. Getting job depends on many factors e.g. one's attitude, one's positivism, one's past experiences, job needs, one's availability, one's adaptability, one confidence on oneself, one's readiness to accept all tasks, one's responses to job requirements and people around one and one's approach-ability.

Bankers/Insurance brokers/Housing finances/medical practitioners/Educationist/Realtors/marketers etc. imply same techniques and strategies as we have faced in past outside of Canada, after all they are humans and lives in the same world and environment where everybody wants to have more than the most.

For accommodation, for 1st 10 days, I rented a 2 + 1 Bedroom hotel apartment from Booking.com, since my financials do not allow me to continue for longer, I was looking for something where I could take my family with school going children. I met one guy (from my home country) who knows me from past, he offered me his 2 Bed + 1 Bath basement for very reasonable rental amount. I am living in his basement for past 7 months and I have not a single complain from him (I hope he also doesn't have any from me & my family). I am really indebted to him and his family because at that time I had no job, no credit history, no reference, minimum funds, and not even Driving License.

I would say I was extra lucky to have Lord's blessing as my transition (still in process) is smooth, my first in-person interview with Recruiter from Robert Half was on the 2nd day of my landing and I got offer from my 2nd in person interview at a very large MNC (Recruiter was Randstad). I work in same profession but 1 step below from my last employment.

Immediately after passing G1 Driving License (Passing theory tests) I applied for G (Full no-restriction license) and passed the road test in first attempt after approx. 4-5 hours of training from professional trainer. Next thing I did is buying a 2nd hand minivan as for public transport I am habitual to the huge number of public buses, numerous and complex routes and their minute by minute arrival frequency while here you have to walk at least 15-30 minutes to change from one route bus to another and usually next bus come after 30-45 minutes. During my interviews phase I had to be on first bus stop at least 90-120 minutes before my interview time which I later found that is actually 15-20 minutes drive away and usually I had to take minimum of two buses or one bus and one train.

Apart from above tangible things in life, I would say one should also think, plan and focus on intangibles as well like spouse, children, parents and siblings. Life would become hell if they are not like minded or doesn't understand and support on one's biggest/riskiest move. One's productivity will be negative because of continuous nagging. One's confidence would be in drain, one's approach-ability diminishes, one's responses to given tasks ridicule the objectives, etc. if intangibles are ignored. Unfortunately, people absorb and react on negative information much faster while information on positive and long-term sustainability takes longer and is slowly digested. Therefore, enlighten, elaborate, discuss and get agreement on changes in one's budget, standard of living, shopping habits, cultural differences, clocked movement and punctuality, let going of many luxuries and conveniences (one take for granted) in home country.

Thus one should look into total picture with frame and estimate the true cost of one's decision,
otherwise one will fall like house of cards.

Being happy is more important than being anything and anywhere.
Sorry if I sound bit philosophical.

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
ali_aff said:
I found that starting life in Canada is no different than when I started my life as an independent person back home approx. 15 years ago. The only thing that frighten most people is leaving their comfort zone and going to uncertainty from certain and stable patterns and taking risks.

Getting Canadian certification and Canadian experience are just an entry barriers which we always advocate if someone else would enter in our home country job market. Getting job depends on many factors e.g. one's attitude, one's positivism, one's past experiences, job needs, one's availability, one's adaptability, one confidence on oneself, one's readiness to accept all tasks, one's responses to job requirements and people around one and one's approach-ability.

Bankers/Insurance brokers/Housing finances/medical practitioners/Educationist/Realtors/marketers etc. imply same techniques and strategies as we have faced in past outside of Canada, after all they are humans and lives in the same world and environment where everybody wants to have more than the most.

For accommodation, for 1st 10 days, I rented a 2 + 1 Bedroom hotel apartment from Booking.com, since my financials do not allow me to continue for longer, I was looking for something where I could take my family with school going children. I met one guy (from my home country) who knows me from past, he offered me his 2 Bed + 1 Bath basement for very reasonable rental amount. I am living in his basement for past 7 months and I have not a single complain from him (I hope he also doesn't have any from me & my family). I am really indebted to him and his family because at that time I had no job, no credit history, no reference, minimum funds, and not even Driving License.

I would say I was extra lucky to have Lord's blessing as my transition (still in process) is smooth, my first in-person interview with Recruiter from Robert Half was on the 2nd day of my landing and I got offer from my 2nd in person interview at a very large MNC (Recruiter was Randstad). I work in same profession but 1 step below from my last employment.

Immediately after passing G1 Driving License (Passing theory tests) I applied for G (Full no-restriction license) and passed the road test in first attempt after approx. 4-5 hours of training from professional trainer. Next thing I did is buying a 2nd hand minivan as for public transport I am habitual to the huge number of public buses, numerous and complex routes and their minute by minute arrival frequency while here you have to walk at least 15-30 minutes to change from one route bus to another and usually next bus come after 30-45 minutes. During my interviews phase I had to be on first bus stop at least 90-120 minutes before my interview time which I later found that is actually 15-20 minutes drive away and usually I had to take minimum of two buses or one bus and one train.

Apart from above tangible things in life, I would say one should also think, plan and focus on intangibles as well like spouse, children, parents and siblings. Life would become hell if they are not like minded or doesn't understand and support on one's biggest/riskiest move. One's productivity will be negative because of continuous nagging. One's confidence would be in drain, one's approach-ability diminishes, one's responses to given tasks ridicule the objectives, etc. if intangibles are ignored. Unfortunately, people absorb and react on negative information much faster while information on positive and long-term sustainability takes longer and is slowly digested. Therefore, enlighten, elaborate, discuss and get agreement on changes in one's budget, standard of living, shopping habits, cultural differences, clocked movement and punctuality, let going of many luxuries and conveniences (one take for granted) in home country.

Thus one should look into total picture with frame and estimate the true cost of one's decision,
otherwise one will fall like house of cards.

Lengthy but good one, cheers mate.

russellx

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2016 (re-meds)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
11-09-2017
Pipis Husband said:
Congratulations, I also bought my house exactly one year after I landed using only funds I made in Canada. It's very achievable with focus and divine favor. I believe you're in the GTA? All the best ahead :)
@PH,

That makes it two people we are yearning to learn from.

Good evening,

Russ

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
ali_aff said:
Thanks for posting your experience. It really helps to keep the spirits high! +1

aditya127

Dec 17, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
ali_aff said:
-------------
Thanks for such informative and inspiring post!

Regards,
Aditya

qureishi

Dec 9, 2011
Dear Salman ,

Hope every thing is fine at your end. Could you please put some light and provide some more details about buying a house in GTA i.e cost , mortgage etc.. ? As you already bought the house before couple of months ( congratulations for that).

Appreciate your response whenever you have some time.

Thanks
Q.

salmanahm

Oct 9, 2009
Islamabad Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Transferred to London from Islamabad
NOC Code......
4131-0911-9216
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 Nov 2009
Doc's Request.
1 Jan 2010
Nomination.....
4th may 2010
AOR Received.
18th Aug 2010
Med's Done....
June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-1-15 PP received on 21-1-15
Dear Salman ,

Hope every thing is fine at your end. Could you please put some light and provide some more details about buying a house in GTA i.e cost , mortgage etc.. ? As you already bought the house before couple of months ( congratulations for that).

Appreciate your response whenever you have some time.

Thanks
Q.
At the moment house prices in GTA are beyond the reach of common buyers.
Ontario government took some measures to cool down the extremely hot housing market which includes 15% tax on foreign buyers.
Interest rates are also on a hike and it is getting more and more difficult to get a mortgage.
You need a Canadian credit history for mortgage.
There is still demand and supply gap in housing sector. Demand is way higher than the supply.
Lot of listings are there for sale but nothing is vacant. It is rented out by landlords. Now buyers don't want to buy at unnatural prices.
House price mainly depends upon three factors. How big, what type, and where.
New buyers are moving towards Niagra and Cambridge regions rather than GTA.
In case of specific questions just call me or send an email at salmanahm@ hotmail. Com.

qureishi

Dec 9, 2011
At the moment house prices in GTA are beyond the reach of common buyers.
Ontario government took some measures to cool down the extremely hot housing market which includes 15% tax on foreign buyers.
Interest rates are also on a hike and it is getting more and more difficult to get a mortgage.
You need a Canadian credit history for mortgage.
There is still demand and supply gap in housing sector. Demand is way higher than the supply.
Lot of listings are there for sale but nothing is vacant. It is rented out by landlords. Now buyers don't want to buy at unnatural prices.
House price mainly depends upon three factors. How big, what type, and where.
New buyers are moving towards Niagra and Cambridge regions rather than GTA.
In case of specific questions just call me or send an email at salmanahm@ hotmail. Com.
Thank You dear for quick reply. Jazzak Allah.
Will contact you for further details.
Regards
Q.

qureishi

Dec 9, 2011
Dear Salman,

Where are you dear ? We are missing you and your guidance on the forum

Hope all is well at your end.

Regards
Q.