Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Hi salmanahm,

Good day. Sorry to disturb you again.

Do you have simplified code book explanation (2012 CSA CE handbook explanation pdf) ? if yes can you please send it to my email or download link. Thanks.
I already have CSA Code book 2012 from you. myatts1980@gmail.com is my email. Thanks a lot for all of your help.

Regards,
Myat

salmanahm said:
Hi Myat
My expertise are limited to Ontario. I think that trade certification requirements have nothing to do with Professional Engineering. A lot of engineers hold both licenses and job prospects of hands on professional engineers are better than just licensed engineers.
I have 3 memberships
Ontario College of Trades
Ontario college of certified engineering technicians and technologists
And
Professional engineers of Ontario.

Study material for red seal exam is what apprentices study in 5 years. If you go for everything its a lot lot of study. I recommend only these books
1 CSA code book. 2012 if you plan to write within 2016 otherwise get 2015. Its almost the same but some sections are revised.
2 CSA preparation guide section ABCDEF.
3 You will need simplified code book explanation as well to understand the code if someone else is not there to help you.
I attended the bridging program and the instructors there helped me understand the code. There must have been one in BC. Time for exam is 4 hours 100 MCQ. You not only have to memorize formulae but also the rules or at least section numbers of the rules. They give you codebook in the exam but there is no time to scan it for every question.
I have the study material but it is in hard copies Including 400 question bank. Whatever i have in soft i will share with you.
Regards
Salman

mystique9999

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
Dear Salman,
Can you please advise me on another matter? You mentioned that if you've studied from a University that is part of the Washington Accords, any subject exams to the professional engineers pathway shall be made void. However, I've studied from such a university and they've assigned a confirmatory exam syllabus to me (3 specific engineering courses and 1 general). Is there a way that I can ask them why they've done so despite my university being part of the Washington accords?

nitro84

Mar 13, 2016
Great Post Salman Bhai !!!I appreciate your effort for enlightening us.

Need yours or any Seniors' precious suggestions specially from them, who all are already embarked their journey in Canada.

I am a new entrants in this great forum, kindly help me with satisfied answer of below query:

I have heard a lot about French knowing is must if you are planning to immigrate to Canada. Pls let me know
if we learn French is it possible we will get job in Canada. If yes Can we learn from any good institute or should
we learn from Alliance Française only.

Thnx in Advance

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
French is an asset if you are planning to move to french speaking province named Quebec. For other parts of Canada it means nothing

nitro84 said:
Great Post Salman Bhai !!!I appreciate your effort for enlightening us.

Need yours or any Seniors' precious suggestions specially from them, who all are already embarked their journey in Canada.

I am a new entrants in this great forum, kindly help me with satisfied answer of below query:

I have heard a lot about French knowing is must if you are planning to immigrate to Canada. Pls let me know
if we learn French is it possible we will get job in Canada. If yes Can we learn from any good institute or should
we learn from Alliance Française only.

Thnx in Advance

Jun 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
question for you bro . had you any problems with credential assessment of education did they assessed your education to be equivalent to Canadian one if ur education from Pakistan or any third world country ?
i am curious about mine before applying i think if yours got assessed as equivalent to Canadian mine would be too

zenghi

Oct 29, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2013
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
-05-01-2015
Med's Done....
-10-01-2015
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
HalfRussianHalfJordanian said:
question for you bro . had you any problems with credential assessment of education did they assessed your education to be equivalent to Canadian one if ur education from Pakistan or any third world country ?
i am curious about mine before applying i think if yours got assessed as equivalent to Canadian mine would be too
You can do a free credential assessment evaluation in the WES website to see the equivalency.

Jergens

Mar 20, 2015
hello,
very informative post...i have some queries which are unexplained so far...
i am an electrical engineer from India and i have 6 years of experience in the filed of installation and street light maintenance in Bahrain.I would like to continue my career in the same field. i have seen in your post that certifications are very important in Canada. I am just wondered about the follwing issues.. if you can help me to clarify those, it would be a great help. i am planning to settle in Alberta in two weeks.

1) which is best, i should go for certification or to apply for P. Eng?
2) if it is certification, which certification will be best for my career and have better job opportunity?
3) also i have read that i should have canadian work experience under a P. eng Enginner to qualify for P.eng. Which are best site to look for engineering related jobs. and also is it possible to work privately under a P. Eng to gain the work experience.

kaku

Nov 22, 2009
Hi,

Good to have you guys.
I have similar case as of jergen. I m electrical engineer from
Pakistan with 10 years of experience in telecom but
My department is not aligned with new tech.I wanna do Meng
In electrical atleast the experience counts.
Please suggest.
Thanks
Kashif

zkr0911

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
Doc's Request.
Photoresubmission request 9th feb 2015
Nomination.....
08-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
salmanahm said:
LETS BE POSITIVESometimes the question came to mind. Why do u came here? I was enjoying a top most management level in an organization with 250,000 salary and benefits. 15 years of experience including 4 years of international experience. Had a property back home and very well established. What a foolish decision to leave all that and work as an electrician.
This normally happens to everyone. Canadian immigration criteria for FSW or EE program is to skim the top most well established people from everywhere and they are pretty much successful.
Unfortunately we have made our homes unsafe by voting baboons into power. Corruption, nepotism and fraud has made it almost impossible to live. May be we had secured a better position back home but what will happen to our kids. They will never forgive us for not availing a chance to improve their lives. Rs 12000 is the minimum wage for labor and industrialists still unhappy for billions of Rupees they make in profits. Engineers and Doctors are exploited especially fresh graduates. We are facing the worst era of history and brain drain is the consequence. Most of the highly trained professionals have revanged the country by just quitting it. I know doctors and surgeons who have performed over 100 surgeries are driving cabs here for the better future of their children. This is definitely a better and safe country despite of all its problems. They havent polluted the natural habitat and its a dust free environment only becuase of trees and greenery. We have already destroyed whatever of trees we had by burning wood in industrial boilers. Just imagine I haven't washes my car since 2 months. Rain does it all. Lake Ontario waters are still clear and all the sewage goes to the treatment plants. All the solid waste goes to recycling and bio waste goes to land fills. So organized and peaceful.
No one was voted into power for making a metro or givig laptops and no one has protested by dharna politics.
I would simply say immigration to Canada is a compromise u make for your children to grow up in a safe, civilized and clean environment.
I have been to your posts all are excellent.
Hats off for u.
I m architect and my spouse is chemical engineer.
We r planning to land in October in Toronto and decided to live in thorncliffe.
Cox it is very very necessary to have our kids aware of our norms.
I vl need ur suggestions for further studies and job

FASTBC

Aug 9, 2016
Hi all,

Just posting a quick message to anyone out there that's looking to come to Canada and is working as a carpenter, automotive service technician or power engineer. fastbc.org can help you out with getting ready to hit the ground running with regards your career for when you land in Canada. It provides you with learning, mentoring and can connect you with jobs. Feel free to shoot questions at me if you have any.

salmanahm

Oct 9, 2009
Islamabad Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Transferred to London from Islamabad
NOC Code......
4131-0911-9216
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 Nov 2009
Doc's Request.
1 Jan 2010
Nomination.....
4th may 2010
AOR Received.
18th Aug 2010
Med's Done....
June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-1-15 PP received on 21-1-15
Hi folks
I am back.
The good news is that I have bought my first house. So from an immigrant to homeowner is a long story which I will share with u guys soon. But finally with little bit of efforts and licensing and certifications I am able to buy my own house one and a half years after arrival and almost all the money earned in Canada.
I will share the Ontario mortgage rules.
One thing is for sure.
Home ownership is a win win investment.
Prices in GTA are skyrocketing and it is getting difficult day by day to buy a house here.
Regards
Salman

russellx

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2016 (re-meds)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
11-09-2017
salmanahm said:
Hi folks
I am back.
The good news is that I have bought my first house. So from an immigrant to homeowner is a long story which I will share with u guys soon. But finally with little bit of efforts and licensing and certifications I am able to buy my own house one and a half years after arrival and almost all the money earned in Canada.
One thing is for sure.
Prices in GTA are skyrocketing and it is getting difficult day by day to buy a house here.
Regards
Salman
Salman,

Welcome back and congratulations on purchasing your first house.

We cannot wait for you to share it with us.

Russ

toludee

Sep 17, 2014
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
11-10-2017
salmanahm said:
Hi folks
I am back.
One thing is for sure.
Regards
Salman
thats inspiring, congrats looking forward to ur input

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
salmanahm said:
Hi folks
I am back.
One thing is for sure.
Regards
Salman
Congratulations, I also bought my house exactly one year after I landed using only funds I made in Canada. It's very achievable with focus and divine favor. I believe you're in the GTA? All the best ahead :)