+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can we call IRCC from outside Canada to check the application progress?

hilda8519

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
Hi

I need your guys help.
My husband got sick and the operation will be scheduled to June, 2021. It was scheduled to April at the beginning and due to Covid -19, it is delayed. We did not receive any updates about our visa(submitted to Jan 2021) or our pr application(submitted Sept 2020, no aor, no sa, no anything). For the temp visa application we submit the doctors documents . We submitted emails and webforum requested several times, no replies. I had contacted the congressman in my husband's city and provide the documents they required(including doctor's documents)in late March, the congressman's assistant said they will help us to follow up. No replies from the congressman's side. My husband can not hear very clearly due to the illness so it is hard for him to call IRCC inside Canada. We did not hire any agents to help us during our applications. I am in HongKong now.
So my question is can I call IRCC directly from outside Canada with some tele number? I had called: 1-613-944-4000,failed. Do you have any other numbers? Should I hire some agents inside Canada to call? I had talked to an agent in HongKong, she said because I did not submitted my application through her company, she can not be my agent now unless I withdraw my old application and resend new application through her company. Her price is $5000 Canada dollars per PR application. We did not have any close friends or relatives inside Canada. Do you guys know some good agents or lawyer around Toronto to help us?

Thanks a lot.

expatgoingback

Sep 10, 2020
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
I googled that number you mentioned and it's for student visas:
https://www.educanada.ca/contact_us-contactez_nous.aspx?lang=eng&pedisable=true

The IRCC number is 888-242-2100 but it won't work if you call from a non-Canadian area code.

To get around it you should be able to call using an app like line2, hushed or burner. Just grab a Canadian number and call. Certainly a lot cheaper than hiring someone. Good luck getting through though.

Reactions: zarashah

Cultista

Mar 29, 2021
Hi

I need your guys help.
My husband got sick and the operation will be scheduled to June, 2021. It was scheduled to April at the beginning and due to Covid -19, it is delayed. We did not receive any updates about our visa(submitted to Jan 2021) or our pr application(submitted Sept 2020, no aor, no sa, no anything). For the temp visa application we submit the doctors documents . We submitted emails and webforum requested several times, no replies. I had contacted the congressman in my husband's city and provide the documents they required(including doctor's documents)in late March, the congressman's assistant said they will help us to follow up. No replies from the congressman's side. My husband can not hear very clearly due to the illness so it is hard for him to call IRCC inside Canada. We did not hire any agents to help us during our applications. I am in HongKong now.
So my question is can I call IRCC directly from outside Canada with some tele number? I had called: 1-613-944-4000,failed. Do you have any other numbers? Should I hire some agents inside Canada to call? I had talked to an agent in HongKong, she said because I did not submitted my application through her company, she can not be my agent now unless I withdraw my old application and resend new application through her company. Her price is $5000 Canada dollars per PR application. We did not have any close friends or relatives inside Canada. Do you guys know some good agents or lawyer around Toronto to help us?

Thanks a lot.
sent you a PM

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi

I need your guys help.

Thanks a lot.
Depending on where your husband lives his surgery is at risk of being cancelled again. Would order GCMS notes or ask your husband to try and inquire about why you were denied. Did you apply for PHAC? Where are you from? Assume you are just working in HK. When did you apply for sponsorship? Has the doctor determined what kind of surgery he is having? Being very specific about what surgery, recovery time needed, what type of help will be required, etc. Remember that in most areas no visitors are allowed in the actual hospital so you’ll need to describe the time needed at home to recover.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi

I need your guys help.

Thanks a lot.
As you are from Hong Kong, you do not need a visitor visa to travel to Canada or authorization (as your husband is Canadian PR and in Canada).
You only need eTA.

Canadian eTA for Hong Kong Citizens
  • There is no need for Hong Kong citizens apply for a visa to visit Canada, but they do require a travel authorization to visit the country for up to 6 months.
  • The electronic travel authorization, or Canadian eTA, was implemented for Hong Kong citizens in 2016.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
OK. I read some of your older posts and you mentioned that you were from Iran but in another post you also said you are from Hong Kong.
So may be you have both citizenship/residence of both places.

You also mentioned that you overstayed in US. That may affect you getting a visitor visa (if you do require one).
You should find a software application to dial as you are calling within Canada. And call IRCC "from Canada".

hilda8519

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
As you are from Hong Kong, you do not need a visitor visa to travel to Canada or authorization (as your husband is Canadian PR and in Canada).
You only need eTA.

Canadian eTA for Hong Kong Citizens
  • There is no need for Hong Kong citizens apply for a visa to visit Canada, but they do require a travel authorization to visit the country for up to 6 months.
  • The electronic travel authorization, or Canadian eTA, was implemented for Hong Kong citizens in 2016.
I am not a HongKong citizen. I just work there using a work permit.

hilda8519

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
OK. I read some of your older posts and you mentioned that you were from Iran but in another post you also said you are from Hong Kong.
So may be you have both citizenship/residence of both places.

You also mentioned that you overstayed in US. That may affect you getting a visitor visa (if you do require one).
You should find a software application to dial as you are calling within Canada. And call IRCC "from Canada".
I do not have HongKong citizenship. I had Iran citizenship. Yes, I had overstayed in US for about 6 month.
I did not deny from visa I did not receive any updates. I had submitted the temp visitor visa from HongKong this Jan.

hilda8519

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
Depending on where your husband lives his surgery is at risk of being cancelled again. Would order GCMS notes or ask your husband to try and inquire about why you were denied. Did you apply for PHAC? Where are you from? Assume you are just working in HK. When did you apply for sponsorship? Has the doctor determined what kind of surgery he is having? Being very specific about what surgery, recovery time needed, what type of help will be required, etc. Remember that in most areas no visitors are allowed in the actual hospital so you’ll need to describe the time needed at home to recover.
I did not deny from the visa. I just did not have any updates. I had finished the bio requirements in this January. I did not apply for PHAC. The doctor who will operated for my husband said he is not our family doctor. He just the surgery doctor. He just signed the surgery documents and he said we may need more documents from our family doctors. The fact is we did not have a family doctors. My husband is always in good health and good insurance, so he is lazy to find a family doctor.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I did not deny from the visa. I just did not have any updates. I had finished the bio requirements in this January. I did not apply for PHAC. The doctor who will operated for my husband said he is not our family doctor. He just the surgery doctor. He just signed the surgery documents and he said we may need more documents from our family doctors. The fact is we did not have a family doctors. My husband is always in good health and good insurance, so he is lazy to find a family doctor.
I think you need PHAC in this case. Typical visitor visa can take a while...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The surgeon needs to fill In the PHAC. There may be a fee. A GP can’t describe what type of surgery and the recovery time needed when they aren’t the one who has diagnosed your husband or are familiar with the surgery.

hilda8519

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
Has the doctor determined what kind of surgery he is having?
Being very specific about what surgery, recovery time needed, what type of help will be required, etc. Remember that in most areas no visitors are allowed in the actual hospital so you’ll need to describe the time needed at home to recover.
YES. The documents has very detailed explanation and recovery may need about 4 weeks at least from the doctor's suggestion. The doctor also told us if we think we need more time, we need some documents from our family doctors. But we did not have one. I understand I can not go to hospital but we do not have any families. We just bought our house in 2019 so my husband is leaving alone now.