+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can PPR deadline (30 days to submit passport) be extended?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Experts, Please suggest a solution

I already received my PPR email dated 23-September-2019 from Abu Dhabi visa office. I am yet to submit my passport for visa stamping and for COPR. My 30 days limit to submit passport is fast approaching as it would end by 22-October-2019.

Background of Question:

We are family of three, initially I opted for spouse and dependent child as non-accompany members.

Later on, I changed my mind for dependent child and want him to accompany with me, during this period when I was deciding my PPR came into my email. Hence, at the date of issuance of PPR email my file was showing spouse and dependent child as non-accompany.

I start arranging the required documents like (Updated generic form, Mother declaration, additional family form and so on…) and sent to Abu Dhabi office via email dated 11-October-2019.

As of now I did not receive any revert from them.

My Questions:

1- Do I continue to wait until they inform me about my son or should I go ahead and submit my passport?

2- How it is actually work, the way I adopted it is safe. I personally feel I informed them late.

3- If I not submit my passport before expiry of 30 days, will it harm my own PPR? I am assuming they will pay attention to my email after expiry of 30 days time limit.

4- What would be the consequences, If I submit my passport and later on, they amend my file with accompany child?

Thanks in advance
How old is your child? If you have to arrange daycare for your child it can be extremely expensive. If you are trying to change your child to non-accompanying you might as well include your husband. If you don’t it will take 1 year to sponsor him.

ayaz_acca

Sep 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
19-11-2018
How old is your child? If you have to arrange daycare for your child it can be extremely expensive. If you are trying to change your child to non-accompanying you might as well include your husband. If you don’t it will take 1 year to sponsor him.
He is 5 year old only. Trying to change him from non-accompany to accompany.
My wife is already non-accompany, if my son approved I will apply for visit visa for spouse and land all together.
In case wife visit visa rejection I will do a soft landing for son. thats all are plan but currently I am concerned with my 30 days limit of passport submission.

AL_wants_canada_PR

Jul 25, 2019
I am in a similar situation. I received the "Ready for Visa" email on 03/27 and I am travelling in two weeks. My wife is currently in India and we are traveling back on 05/06. I have emailed CIC about the situation but haven't heard back anything yet. Is it possible to submit our passports at Canadian Embassy in India instead to get the PR visa?

did you hear back and what did you do i am in a similar situation. any help is appreciated.

AL_wants_canada_PR

Jul 25, 2019
I was in the same situation and i wrote an email to them explaining my situation and they extended my date for a month after my travel date. I would suggest to write an email and request for extension.

sr88

Mar 27, 2019
did you hear back and what did you do i am in a similar situation. any help is appreciated.
I got a reply from them to submit my passports in India VFS office. My wife and I submitted our passports there and got the visa stamped there. You should be able to do the same.

RD_ExpressPR

Feb 4, 2020
I was in the same situation and i wrote an email to them explaining my situation and they extended my date for a month after my travel date. I would suggest to write an email and request for extension.
Hi AL_wants_Canada_PR, Thank you for your response. Can you send me the email address through which you communicated with the IRCC. Also how long after you sent the email request did you hear back from them? (Approximate days?)

ange1o

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
Hi AL_wants_Canada_PR, Thank you for your response. Can you send me the email address through which you communicated with the IRCC. Also how long after you sent the email request did you hear back from them? (Approximate days?)
Hi, can you send me the email address as well? Thanks so much.

jjk505

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
Managua, Nicaragua
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-09-2019
Hey guys im in a bit of an issue, my 6 month deadline after AOR was march 22nd, on march 28th i sent an inquiry about any updates on my app, around April 1st i got a reply saying that i had received an email on Feb 22nd maybe to check my spam, and there it was my PPR! but with a 15 day submission of documents deadline,I´ve wrote directly to Canadian embassy in mexico (visa office assigned since I live in Nicaragua) and made a case specific inquiry but i haven't relieved a reply, yesterday i talked to a Canadian immigration lawyer an she advised me to send my docs on the PPR directly to the embassy in mexico sin de VAC office in Nicaragua is not receiving any docs due tot he crisis, any thoughts on this??

Neyoyo

Star Member
Feb 2, 2020
In my husband's case he got the PPR letter on Jan 20 dated Dec 10, when he received the letter itself the date was expired. But still his application status was open in online , so attorney asked us to submit the passport immediately and we did on 42nd day (12days post expiration) and it got stamped and tell passport was back in a week. So if your application status is open in online you will get it stamped.

All the best, hope this is helpful.
What if the On line status had been " Decision Made". Would you advise passport still being sent?

Deadly

Jul 4, 2023
Your passport must be received by Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada within 45 days from the date of this letter.
It the PPR genuine

DKalkhand

May 9, 2022
I received outdated PPR dated 13 March 2024 on my email today on 17 April 2024.It has already exceeded its 30 days window.I sent an email to the authorities at the email id given in my PPR to reissue a new PPR to me.
1. Please guide if I took the right step or something else could have been done.
2. Also how much time they take to respond such direct emails.
3. Do I have to worry about rejection or closing of my case at this point??