+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can PPR deadline (30 days to submit passport) be extended?

cc31

Sep 5, 2017
Canada
i was asked to submit my passport to the Canada Visa Application Center in the city, where I live.
then i think they will courrier to Singapore for processing.
Maybe I should call the center in my city to ask for the extention? or should i contact cic?
I had to send my documents to Ottawa. I can share that email address but if yours is different, then maybe it won't be helpful.

writepa

Oct 11, 2018
I had to send my documents to Ottawa. I can share that email address but if yours is different, then maybe it won't be helpful.
I also have the ottawa email from others in the forum. thanks for offering. maybe i just send them an email too.

cc31

Sep 5, 2017
Canada
I also have the ottawa email from others in the forum. thanks for offering. maybe i just send them an email too.
You can try but they may or may not get back to you soon. Make sure you include the following in your request email.

· Surname and Given name(s);

· Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD);

· Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number / Client ID number;

· Category of Immigration (CEC, Provincial Nominee, Family Class, Federal Skilled Worker, Temporary Resident);

Goodluck!

Reactions: writepa

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hi. I received ppr and I would like to extend the deadline. however I did not find any email in the ppr email to contact. The sender email is CTDO-DemandeFinale (CIC) <IRCC.CPCO-FinalRequest-CTDO-DemandeFinale.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>
Should I reply to this email?
Any advice please? many thanks.
golden e-mail,,,
that is the final request to your residence process
follow the instruction

Reactions: writepa

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Hi All,

I found this thread with the same question that is been bothering me from last couple of days. I have received my PPR email on 26th Nov 2018. I am an inland CEC applicant (my timeline is in my signature, below). I have a travel planned on 8th December and will be returning on 31st December 2018. My 30 days(to submit my and dependent's passports) would be passed by then. I had sent a CSE through IRCC webform (explaining my situation and also attached the tickets) around Nov 7th and got an email from CIC a week after that they have received my document for their consideration (air ticket). This was before my PPR was received.

After I received my PPR this Monday, I have sent an email, on the email address provided in the PPR email, explaining my situation again (attached the tickets again, just to be sure) and also requested to extend my time allowed for submission. I am advised by some of the experts that CIC does not reply on these email. And I can go ahead and come back and then submit our passports. I believe them totally but I saw you guys also got extensions for around 30 more days. So, how did you come to know that you have been granted extended time? Did you call CIC? Or you guys came back and just submitted your passports and got your VISA? Or you receive an email?

Please suggest! I am getting restless each day

Thanks in advance for your help!
Myra

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

I found this thread with the same question that is been bothering me from last couple of days. I have received my PPR email on 26th Nov 2018. I am an inland CEC applicant (my timeline is in my signature, below). I have a travel planned on 8th December and will be returning on 31st December 2018. My 30 days(to submit my and dependent's passports) would be passed by then. I had sent a CSE through IRCC webform (explaining my situation and also attached the tickets) around Nov 7th and got an email from CIC a week after that they have received my document for their consideration (air ticket). This was before my PPR was received.

After I received my PPR this Monday, I have sent an email, on the email address provided in the PPR email, explaining my situation again (attached the tickets again, just to be sure) and also requested to extend my time allowed for submission. I am advised by some of the experts that CIC does not reply on these email. And I can go ahead and come back and then submit our passports. I believe them totally but I saw you guys also got extensions for around 30 more days. So, how did you come to know that you have been granted extended time? Did you call CIC? Or you guys came back and just submitted your passports and got your VISA? Or you receive an email?

Myra
Yes you should be fine. We are talking about less than a week and you have informed CIC with evidence. Due to the holidays travel is somewhat expected and the offices will not be working at full capacity.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Yes you should be fine. We are talking about less than a week and you have informed CIC with evidence. Due to the holidays travel is somewhat expected and the offices will not be working at full capacity.
So now, what should I expect from them as kinda confirmation that they are ok with us sending a passport after 30 says time? Or should I just come back and just do it?
Sorry if I’m asking something stupid here. I’m just so nervous!
Hope you’d understand :)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So now, what should I expect from them as kinda confirmation that they are ok with us sending a passport after 30 says time? Or should I just come back and just do it?
Sorry if I’m asking something stupid here. I’m just so nervous!
Hope you’d understand :)
Hopefully you'll get a response but if often takes up to 30 days. Would attach a note when sending in your passport indicating that you had been away and notified by webform that you would be a few days date due to planned holiday before PPR.

prabhanjan

Oct 9, 2015
Hi.I have provincial nomination and all the required documents. But I don't have birth certificate. What are the other alternatives I can submit?

writepa

Oct 11, 2018
I also went to cic website. there is web form for you to put the request and you can attach the document. i got the email reply within 10 days, allowing me to extend for 3 months actually due to my husband and myself travel https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

I guess you used the same webform with me so should be fine. but in the email they did agree to extend for me.
QUOTE="myra20sharma, post: 7412953, member: 801511"]Hi All,

Myra[/QUOTE]
hi

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
I also went to cic website. there is web form for you to put the request and you can attach the document. i got the email reply within 10 days, allowing me to extend for 3 months actually due to my husband and myself travel https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

I guess you used the same webform with me so should be fine. but in the email they did agree to extend for me.
QUOTE="myra20sharma, post: 7412953, member: 801511"]Hi All,

Myra
hi[/QUOTE]

Yes! I used the same link (sent on 7th) above! I got a reply (14th nov) after a week that “we’ve received your doc and will forward for consideration” (something like this, reworded :))

Also, sent an email (Day I received PPR - 26 Nov) on the address provided in the PPR email, where they mention if you’re not able to send it in 30 days inform on this email ASAP. But no reply received from them, yet.

Will I get a reply on the email that I sent
Because the reply on webform just say below ; -->On 14 Nov (Week after I raised my request through webform and around 12 before I got my actual PPR)

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are pleased to confirm the reception of the following document:

• Flight_Ticket.pdf
We have forwarded it and the information you provided to the responsible office for their consideration.

If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Last edited:

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Hopefully you'll get a response but if often takes up to 30 days. Would attach a note when sending in your passport indicating that you had been away and notified by webform that you would be a few days date due to planned holiday before PPR.
But I have to leave in like 8 days. What if I don't get a reply before my flight? What I do in that case? :(

eternalgod

Jun 6, 2018
@myra20sharma Please keep us updated on your situation. I am in same situation as yours and I found that most people here post the problem that they were in same boat but don't update later on. We should simply assume that they didn't face any issues.

sadawarm

Dec 17, 2018

Yes! I used the same link (sent on 7th) above! I got a reply (14th nov) after a week that “we’ve received your doc and will forward for consideration” (something like this, reworded :))

Also, sent an email (Day I received PPR - 26 Nov) on the address provided in the PPR email, where they mention if you’re not able to send it in 30 days inform on this email ASAP. But no reply received from them, yet.

Because the reply on webform just say below ; -->On 14 Nov (Week after I raised my request through webform and around 12 before I got my actual PPR)

• Flight_Ticket.pdf
We have forwarded it and the information you provided to the responsible office for their consideration.

If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.[/QUOTE]

Hi Myra,

I have exactly the same situation as I received my passport submission request on 26 th November but I have trip planned at the same time. I asked for the extension on the same day but havnt received anything till today (17th Dec). Can you please let me know if get any reply back?

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018

• Flight_Ticket.pdf

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Hi Myra,

I have exactly the same situation as I received my passport submission request on 26 th November but I have trip planned at the same time. I asked for the extension on the same day but havnt received anything till today (17th Dec). Can you please let me know if get any reply back?
Hi!

I got a reply last month on 20th, that my date has been extended for 30 more days . :)

Reactions: mpsqra