+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can PPR deadline (30 days to submit passport) be extended?

sky2019

Jan 4, 2019
f I need an extension for sending passport because of travel does anyone know how long it will take? as I messaged since Wednesday and no reply yet. I replied on the email they sent it from and also on the ircc web form. So i am confused now what do I do. Don't want to take a risk.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
f I need an extension for sending passport because of travel does anyone know how long it will take? as I messaged since Wednesday and no reply yet. I replied on the email they sent it from and also on the ircc web form. So i am confused now what do I do. Don't want to take a risk.
be patient, you took the risk when you planned any travel while your application was running,,,

sky2019

Jan 4, 2019
Lol didn't know the ppr will come so fast. I'm an oct applicant and others who got it before waited for 2 months to go from ghost update to ppr and mine just happened in 1 week. Its only been 15 months since i applied (processing time for pnp inland is 19 months)

Khush3009

Sep 11, 2018
Lol didn't know the ppr will come so fast. I'm an oct applicant and others who got it before waited for 2 months to go from ghost update to ppr and mine just happened in 1 week. Its only been 15 months since i applied (processing time for pnp inland is 19 months)
Hey,

Did you get any reply from CIC for your extension request. I am in the same boat I am traveling to India on Thursday and will be back after a monthn. Had sent out emails today raised webform as well but I don’t know till when I have to wait for a response.

sky2019

Jan 4, 2019
Yes i got extension they replied me after 3 business days from the email that sent the ready for visa email. I replied that email, filled ircc web form and emailed ottawa.

Mar 3, 2019
I have a similar query.
I have received my work permit and would be moving to Canada in May. I have also applied for Express Entry PR and with my score I expect to receive the ITA very soon. I would like to know is if I receive my ITA while I am in India and I submit my application after that I move to Canada on my work permit then if my PR gets approved do I have to come back to India to submit my Passport for stamping and to receive the COPR?
Please advice.

sr88

Mar 27, 2019
I am in a similar situation. I received the "Ready for Visa" email on 03/27 and I am travelling in two weeks. My wife is currently in India and we are traveling back on 05/06. I have emailed CIC about the situation but haven't heard back anything yet. Is it possible to submit our passports at Canadian Embassy in India instead to get the PR visa?

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
I am in a similar situation. I received the "Ready for Visa" email on 03/27 and I am travelling in two weeks. My wife is currently in India and we are traveling back on 05/06. I have emailed CIC about the situation but haven't heard back anything yet. Is it possible to submit our passports at Canadian Embassy in India instead to get the PR visa?
what's the goal of your life?

Anjunitc

Jun 16, 2019
Hi,
I need an extension of 5 days. Can you guys suggest the procedure and mail id to which the request has to be sent

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hi,
I need an extension of 5 days. Can you guys suggest the procedure and mail id to which the request has to be sent
The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca with details concerning your situation.

nirmal9090

Nov 16, 2018
Hey due to illness I couldn't check my email for month...so I passed my deadline to submit passport...but however I have sent them today after crossing deadline....what can be done? And how they deal such cases

Joship33

Star Member
May 18, 2019

I almost in the same boat, I got PPR in 11 months.

Joship33

Star Member
May 18, 2019
Hey due to illness I couldn't check my email for month...so I passed my deadline to submit passport...but however I have sent them today after crossing deadline....what can be done? And how they deal such cases
Hi. Did you receive a reply or extension ?

ayaz_acca

Sep 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
19-11-2018
Experts, Please suggest a solution

I already received my PPR email dated 23-September-2019 from Abu Dhabi visa office. I am yet to submit my passport for visa stamping and for COPR. My 30 days limit to submit passport is fast approaching as it would end by 22-October-2019.

Background of Question:

We are family of three, initially I opted for spouse and dependent child as non-accompany members.

Later on, I changed my mind for dependent child and want him to accompany with me, during this period when I was deciding my PPR came into my email. Hence, at the date of issuance of PPR email my file was showing spouse and dependent child as non-accompany.

I start arranging the required documents like (Updated generic form, Mother declaration, additional family form and so on…) and sent to Abu Dhabi office via email dated 11-October-2019.

As of now I did not receive any revert from them.

My Questions:

1- Do I continue to wait until they inform me about my son or should I go ahead and submit my passport?

2- How it is actually work, the way I adopted it is safe. I personally feel I informed them late.

3- If I not submit my passport before expiry of 30 days, will it harm my own PPR? I am assuming they will pay attention to my email after expiry of 30 days time limit.

4- What would be the consequences, If I submit my passport and later on, they amend my file with accompany child?

Thanks in advance