Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
25-09-2017
PPR Means Acceptance.

If they have issued PPR, in other words, this is Permanent Resident Visa Issuance, NDVO won't deny you.

Yes you could be falling under few scenarios

You can be denied entry at the border by the immigration officer.
Even after entering Canada, your residency status can be canceled.
Canada can even withdraw citizenship after granting it.

I don't think any of us who skilled migrants do any illegal stuff so calm down!

To use pre-arrival services
To access these free in-person and online services, you must be outside Canada, and you must have one of the following documents:

An IRCC invitation letter to obtain pre-arrival services,
A Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) letter,
A passport request letter that indicates Permanent Resident visa issuance,
An IRCC request that an applicant for permanent residence complete medicals,
A Single Entry Permanent Resident Visa, or
A Permanent Resident Visa pick up notification letter
These services are for Permanent Resident applicants only. Temporary Residents are not eligible for the services.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-services.asp

Lately people have been trolling with some half/wrong information, I'll say trust the official source

syconetgeek

Mar 30, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2019
Saudamini said:
Thanks, Itsmee :) ;)

I am just waiting for that Maple Leaf Visa Sticker on my passport and I would resign on next working day (may be on the same day if time permits)...I cannot wait to stay in that job where everyone was traunting me about Canadian PR and that manager who told everyone I have applied for PR. I am so happy ;D 8) yet skeptical :-[ that one fight is over to begin the struggle again. ???::)

Anyhow this Forum has been really helpful and I can't thank enough I have done this without Consultants or Agents help.

This is my first visa stamp on passport :p and I'll be going abroad first time ever :-X , so really excited too 8)
Congrats buddy.

Saudamini

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Not Needed
Nomination.....
FSW, Not PNP
AOR Received.
02-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
07-02-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
Soon :)
Thanks msudershan2, I have been saying this forever

Passport request letter
Once an application has been approved and a final decision has been entered, the processing office must send the ‘Passport Request’ letter to the applicant through their MyCIC account.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/final.asp

I know few trollers, one I guess is Forum Talk and another one who says I am CSE Grad and have 5 years of work ex and keeps telling there are no jobs in Canada. That's why I say Half Knowledge is more dangerous!

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
Saudamini said:
Thanks msudershan2, I have been saying this forever

Passport request letter
Once an application has been approved and a final decision has been entered, the processing office must send the ‘Passport Request’ letter to the applicant through their MyCIC account.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/final.asp

I know few trollers, one I guess is Forum Talk and another one who says I am CSE Grad and have 5 years of work ex and keeps telling there are no jobs in Canada. That's why I say Half Knowledge is more dangerous!
There certainly are jobs for CS graduates. Canada's tech industry is growing rapidly and there's always demand for good programmers.

bassem.mf

Star Member
Jun 19, 2016
Egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cairo visa office sent me a PPR email before my background check started. I sent them my passport. Then after a couple of days, background check in MyCIC changed to in progress. And after three weeks, Cairo Visa Office called me to say that because I stayed more than 6 months in the US, they need to make additional background check. They told me that I can go pick my passport if I want it. Or leave it with them until the background check in complete. I asked how long will it take. The rep said maximum 3 months. 1.5 months have passed already since this call and I did not get my passport yet.

Moral of the story is that IRCC employees are careless and make mistakes. PPR does not mean acceptance.

Saudamini

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Not Needed
Nomination.....
FSW, Not PNP
AOR Received.
02-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
07-02-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
bassem.mf said:
Cairo visa office sent me a PPR email before my background check started. I sent them my passport. Then after a couple of days, background check in MyCIC changed to in progress. And after three weeks, Cairo Visa Office called me to say that because I stayed more than 6 months in the US, they need to make the additional background check. They told me that I can go pick my passport if I want it. Or leave it with them until the background checks incomplete. I asked how long will it take. The rep said maximum 3 months. 1.5 months have passed already since this call and I did not get my passport yet.

Moral of the story is that IRCC employees are careless and make mistakes. PPR does not mean acceptance.
That seems like an exception. I have read the similar thing I think for the applicant from Pakistan.

Unless your applications show big concerns or Canada has issues with security or criminality, PPR means PR Visa Issuance. Can't believe they didn't know about your US thing before

Also, could you attach the screen shot for mail you received from Cairo VO and/or PPR letter hiding personal details? I saw one letter from a guy who kept saying he got PPR, but actually was a letter to show the passport as they wanted to see passport to check BG Check. When he sent me as an image, I told him this is not PPR, they have just asked to submit original passport as they had concerns with your name. His BG is still in Progress and his letter mentions that letter does not grantee PR.

I know similar case from Singapore too, but more or less that guy "seems" to have PPR but his letter mentions that doesn't grantee PR visa.

On another side, there are letters issued by NDVO for PPR shows following

As you are now in a possession of a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR), or have been notified to submit your travel documents in preparation for the issuance of a COPR, you are strongly encouraged to obtain free pre-arrival services funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). A variety of online services and in-person sessions are available to you, your spouse and your dependents. These services will help you understand life in Canada, employment and how to access other free settlement services once you arrive.

I have seen PPR letters from NDVO (where the applicant is saying its a PPR), but, the letter is asking copies of original passport only and not the passport itself.

I guess people from few countries are being scrutinized more (Read on the forum itself). I saw a couple from Afganistan living in India for 2 years now were asked to submit more documents along with being called for the second interview. This is is after their passport has been asked by CIC. I am not sure if that was PR application or refugees application, although as I could overhear him he may be a Permanent Resident Visa applicant.

girish979

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
India
Interview........
None
Saudamini said:
My Online Status:

Application status We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Why BG is still in Progress?

I have received PPR! Could we be rejected after PPR. I read on this forum somewhere! I hope not...I think must be Terrorist or Rapist or War Crimes people will be rejected after PPR

DId you receive ppr letter in my CIC account or is it just email??

Saudamini

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Not Needed
Nomination.....
FSW, Not PNP
AOR Received.
02-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
07-02-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
In CIC Account

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
girish979 said:
DId you receive ppr letter in my CIC account or is it just email??
PPR only comes from CPC-O email or wherever your final review is at. MyCIC account won't update until PPR is sent in for process and CoPR is printed out

msudershan2

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
Bangalore
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-11-2016
Doc's Request.
No Document Request Came
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
27-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
06-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
25-09-2017
Yes, online Account won't show your status changed unless COPR is Printed and Counterfoil is posted on your passport.

Believe it or not, in the case of NDVO, PPR simply implies PR Visa Issuance. I have never heard or seen any case of NDVO issuing PPR and then backing off.

Please do not compare to Singapore or other countries. Every country VO has its format of PPR, some places Passport Request doesn't imply PR Visa somewhere it does.

I guess most of PPR give it 8-12 working days before visa is issued and online account will show Approved only after that

bassem.mf

Star Member
Jun 19, 2016
Egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Saudamini said:
That seems like an exception. I have read the similar thing I think for the applicant from Pakistan.

Unless your applications show big concerns or Canada has issues with security or criminality, PPR means PR Visa Issuance. Can't believe they didn't know about your US thing before

Also, could you attach the screen shot for mail you received from Cairo VO and/or PPR letter hiding personal details? I saw one letter from a guy who kept saying he got PPR, but actually was a letter to show the passport as they wanted to see passport to check BG Check. When he sent me as an image, I told him this is not PPR, they have just asked to submit original passport as they had concerns with your name. His BG is still in Progress and his letter mentions that letter does not grantee PR.

I know similar case from Singapore too, but more or less that guy "seems" to have PPR but his letter mentions that doesn't grantee PR visa.

On another side, there are letters issued by NDVO for PPR shows following

As you are now in a possession of a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR), or have been notified to submit your travel documents in preparation for the issuance of a COPR, you are strongly encouraged to obtain free pre-arrival services funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). A variety of online services and in-person sessions are available to you, your spouse and your dependents. These services will help you understand life in Canada, employment and how to access other free settlement services once you arrive.

I have seen PPR letters from NDVO (where the applicant is saying its a PPR), but, the letter is asking copies of original passport only and not the passport itself.

I guess people from few countries are being scrutinized more (Read on the forum itself). I saw a couple from Afganistan living in India for 2 years now were asked to submit more documents along with being called for the second interview. This is is after their passport has been asked by CIC. I am not sure if that was PR application or refugees application, although as I could overhear him he may be a Permanent Resident Visa applicant.
I posted a screenshot of the email below. It is clearly a passport request for visa stamping.

The email is written carelessly. They say they want "copies" of the documents. Then they say they want the "original" documents. They ask me to send the documents by courier but they do not specify an address. There is an address in the signature, but it is not clear whether I should send the documents to this address.

kaushalyap

Star Member
Dec 23, 2016
Saudamini said:
Thanks, Itsmee :) ;)

I am just waiting for that Maple Leaf Visa Sticker on my passport and I would resign on next working day (may be on the same day if time permits)...I cannot wait to stay in that job where everyone was traunting me about Canadian PR and that manager who told everyone I have applied for PR. I am so happy ;D 8) yet skeptical :-[ that one fight is over to begin the struggle again. ???::)

Anyhow this Forum has been really helpful and I can't thank enough I have done this without Consultants or Agents help.

This is my first visa stamp on passport :p and I'll be going abroad first time ever :-X , so really excited too 8)
Congrats. You are one lucky dude., :)

Saudamini

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Not Needed
Nomination.....
FSW, Not PNP
AOR Received.
02-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
07-02-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
bassem.mf said:
I posted a screenshot of the email below. It is clearly a passport request for visa stamping.

The email is written carelessly. They say they want "copies" of the documents. Then they say they want the "original" documents. They ask me to send the documents by courier but they do not specify an address. There is an address in the signature, but it is not clear whether I should send the documents to this address.

This is very loosely written email. I do not think this is PPR after Final Approval, seems like they need to check on few other things.

I think they have given the address of Cario in the Signature Post and they have already mentioned Expiry Visa...I think this is the day your medicals are expiring...Seems like Egypt and middle east countries are under lot of scrutinization!

Saudamini

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Not Needed
Nomination.....
FSW, Not PNP
AOR Received.
02-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
07-02-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
Still haven't received passport, however online says

Application status A final decision has been made. Please see the final decision below. Help
Review of eligibility Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below. Help
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help
Interview Not applicable. Help
Background check Your background check was completed. Help
Final decision Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

Saudamini XXX 97XXXXX Counterfoil T6XXXXXX Your document is valid. 2017/12/04 NXYZXYZ India

msudershan2

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
Bangalore
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-11-2016
Doc's Request.
No Document Request Came
Nomination.....