Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
Soon :)
My Online Status:

Application status We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Why BG is still in Progress?

I have received PPR! Could we be rejected after PPR. I read on this forum somewhere! I hope not...I think must be Terrorist or Rapist or War Crimes people will be rejected after PPR

Reactions: gary007 and Mithu3

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
Saudamini said:
My Online Status:

Application status We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I have received PPR! Could we be rejected after PPR. I read on this forum somewhere! I hope not...I think must be Terrorist or Rapist or War Crimes people will be rejected after PPR

Finally!! Now you can relax. Congrats. I assume you received an email for PPR. Status changes when your passport is stamped and COPR is issued. Before that everything stays in progress.

Reactions: Choosen

Saudamini

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Not Needed
Nomination.....
FSW, Not PNP
AOR Received.
02-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
07-02-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
Thanks, Itsmee :) ;)

I am just waiting for that Maple Leaf Visa Sticker on my passport and I would resign on next working day (may be on the same day if time permits)...I cannot wait to stay in that job where everyone was traunting me about Canadian PR and that manager who told everyone I have applied for PR. I am so happy ;D 8) yet skeptical :-[ that one fight is over to begin the struggle again. ???::)

Anyhow this Forum has been really helpful and I can't thank enough I have done this without Consultants or Agents help.

This is my first visa stamp on passport :p and I'll be going abroad first time ever :-X , so really excited too 8)

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
I am happy for you. Congrats!!

Write down how you feel today and on the day when your pp gets stamped and when u quit. You can read whatever you write when/if ever you are having a hard time for some motivation .....good luck for your new life in Canada.

Saudamini said:
Thanks, Itsmee :) ;)

I am just waiting for that Maple Leaf Visa Sticker on my passport and I would resign on next working day (may be on the same day if time permits)...I cannot wait to stay in that job where everyone was traunting me about Canadian PR and that manager who told everyone I have applied for PR. I am so happy ;D 8) yet skeptical :-[ that one fight is over to begin the struggle again. ???::)

Anyhow this Forum has been really helpful and I can't thank enough I have done this without Consultants or Agents help.

This is my first visa stamp on passport :p and I'll be going abroad first time ever :-X , so really excited too 8)

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
Saudamini said:
My Online Status:

Congrats on your PPR ;D

No, you cannot be rejected after PPR unless you decide to rob a bank in the next few days :p

Saudamini

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Not Needed
Nomination.....
FSW, Not PNP
AOR Received.
02-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
07-02-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
I am again scared as some people are telling me now that PPR doesn't mean Approval...Told Family and Friends already. This is so embarrassing...Are people just simply pessimistic.

I see there is one line

Please be aware that being eligible for, or actually participating in an orientation session, is not a guarantee or an indicator that your immigration application will ultimately be successful or that you will receive an immigrant visa.

I don't think above line means for the PR Visa

Then see this line

As you are now in a possession of a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR), or have been notified to submit your travel documents in preparation for the issuance of a COPR, you are strongly encouraged to obtain free pre-arrival services funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). A variety of online services and in-person sessions are available to you, your spouse and your dependants. These services will help you understand life in Canada, employment and how to access other free settlement services once you arrive.

Again These lines

Please take this letter and present it to VFS for the purchase of the secure Passport Transmission Service. VFS will send your passport to the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi in a secure envelope. You will then be advised by VFS when your passport has been returned and is ready to be picked up.
 Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.
 There must be at least two blank pages in each passport.
 We are unable to issue a visa beyond the expiry date in your passport. Your passport must be valid for at least six months.

I think it means Approval....

Well, Actual Approval takes place when they place Visa in your Passport.

Rajveer

Star Member
Aug 1, 2009
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14/10/2014[Bc PNP]
Nomination.....
25/11/2015
AOR Received.
22/01/2016
Med's Request
01/02/2016
Med's Done....
04/02/2016
Passport Req..
26/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
01/05/2017
LANDED..........
09/05/2017
Buddy calm down man. PPR is a approval in a way if they wanted to reject you they would have done that long back.. why would someone make you jump through hoops and then reject you unless you decide to rob a bank or do something really stupid NO you won't get any rejection. Congrats and enjoy now

Saudamini

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Not Needed
Nomination.....
FSW, Not PNP
AOR Received.
02-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
07-02-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
See this!

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/updated-topics/-t485840.0.html;topicseen

Reactions: bws32

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
myCIC status page does not update until you send it passport for stamping and printing out CoPR. it takes a day or two after CoPR is printed to update

Short answer to your question is yes, but close to impossible. It is possible to be rejected and denied entry at the border at any point of application until landing, but if CIC issued PPR means they are giving you approval upon you completing the final steps (as stated in PPR)

Reactions: pallegar

Saudamini

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Not Needed
Nomination.....
FSW, Not PNP
AOR Received.
02-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
07-02-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
Rajveer said:
Buddy calm down man. PPR is a approval in a way if they wanted to reject you they would have done that long back.. why would someone make you jump through hoops and then reject you unless you decide to rob a bank or do something really stupid NO you won't get any rejection. Congrats and enjoy now
I am a woman 8) ??? :p :-X

Saudamini

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Not Needed
Nomination.....
FSW, Not PNP
AOR Received.
02-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
07-02-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
mf4361 said:
MyCIC status page does not update until you send it passport for stamping and printing out CoPR. it takes a day or two after CoPR is printed to update

The short answer to your question is yes, but close to impossible. It is possible to be rejected and denied entry at the border at any point of application until landing, but if CIC issued PPR means they are giving you approval upon you completing the final steps (as stated in PPR)
That's what I am saying. Why they will make you go through all trouble just for sending you refusal. I mean there could be cases of misrepresentation, criminality and/or security, but then why issue PPR if not sure.

Thanks mf4361

Saudamini

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Not Needed
Nomination.....
FSW, Not PNP
AOR Received.
02-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
07-02-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
From CIC Website

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/final.asp

Processing offices must undertake the following steps to finalize an e-application.

Right of Permanent Residence Fee
The Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) must be paid before an application can be finalized.

For more information on the RPRF, please refer to the program delivery instructions on Fee payment .

Passport request letter
Once an application has been approved and a final decision has been entered, the processing office must send the ‘Passport Request’ letter to the applicant through their MyCIC account.

Request for photos

Applicants and their accompanying dependents are required to submit electronic photos as part of their complete e-application. Applicants are asked to ensure that these photos conform with Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s (CIC’s) Permanent Resident Card Photo Specifications (PDF, 614.24 KB).

At this time, the electronic photos uploaded by applicants cannot be used for the permanent residence card; therefore, CIC will not reject an application as incomplete if the photos submitted do not comply with CIC’s prescribed photo specifications.

The ‘Passport Request’ letter, therefore, includes a request for hard copy photos. Applicants are instructed to mail these photos to CIC.

Request for passport

Applicants from visa-exempt countries

The ‘Passport Request’ letter instructs the applicant on how to send a photocopy of the bio data page of their passport and, if applicable, the bio data page of the passports of their accompanying spouse and dependent children.

Applicants from visa-required countries

The ‘Passport Request’ letter instructs the applicant on how to send their valid passport and, if applicable, the valid passports of their accompanying spouse and dependent children.

Permanent resident visas cannot be affixed to diplomatic, official or military passports.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Saudamini said:
That's what I am saying. Why they will make you go through all trouble just for sending you refusal. I mean there could be cases of misrepresentation, criminality and/or security, but then why issue PPR if not sure.

Thanks mf4361
I mean there are still people who fails to present passports for whatever reason, it sometimes amazes me the circumstances (or excuse) people has to miss it

Man, you are so incredible close

Reactions: Sandhu8857

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Here are a few things that may happen (legally). I'm only putting this down cause you asked - DO NOT START TO WORRY ABOUT THESE SCENARIOS

• You can be denied entry at the border by the immigration officer.
  • Even after entering Canada, your residency status can be cancelled.
  • Canada can even withdraw citizenship after granting it.

Are these likely scenarios? No, not at all for the vast majority of immigrants. The only one you really need to be careful about is the first landing, where you will need to convince the immigration officer that you have the minimum funds required by law.

Unless there is some serious fraud/misrepresentation in your application, I would NOT worry about any of this. Common sense applies - don't be a criminal, drug mule, etc.