+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can my parents land at pearson and immediately leave Canada on the next flight?

minecraftwonderness

Star Member
Dec 24, 2018
are you sure about this? Im going thru the same but I just left Canada parents will complete immigration and go straight to my apartment return after soft landing. I wont be away for long. I didnt see anywhere that Canadians are not allowed to travel or go on a vacation on CIC website if the sponsorship application has been approved. plz post updates on their progress
I will post the updates here. I am willing to travel to Toronto a week earlier if need be. But I would have to return again for the wedding. Would be a huge waste of cash. I might as well write a letter explaning this during their landing. Seems like a non issue because I don't know if they ask about the sponsors whereabouts during landing.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
My question is, I consider myself living in Canada
You know that "well I think of myself as living in Canada" is not actually a thing, right? That's not how laws and regs work.

They define what it is, and it seems to be a definition that requires physical presence ("living").

Now I have a very important caveat / proviso to this below, as to whether it applies to your case.

Why would I be punished for that, that I should remain in my condo until my parents land PR?
You have to stop thinking of these things as being "punishment." There are requirements, you either meet them or you don't, and your specific case is either 'caught' or not.

It seems very restrictive for Canadians that they have to be in Canada when someone lands.
The MAJOR caveat or proviso to comments above about this requirement is that I do not know whether IRCC or CBSA checks at the points after the COPR is issued up until landing. Literally, I just do not know. I've not heard of people being asked that, and I presume that in most cases where it did come up, saying the sponsor is in Canada generally but away for a trip now, that the issue would end there. (For spousal sponsorships it does not seem to be checked after the visa/copr are issued, and some sponsors do travel to bring their spouses, not heard of any issues even where spouses travel at different times)

No idea.

Reactions: YVR123