+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I update spouse accompanying to YES after receiving OINP nomination

nn.bb

Aug 7, 2021
I'm still undecided, but I've asked Ontario regarding the same issue, and their reply is as below;

Dear Madam/Sir,

Thank you for your email correspondence to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) mailbox.

Please be advised that only the applicant’s name appears on the OINP Confirmation of Nomination document.

Successful nominees must submit an application for permanent residence to IRCC within six (6) months of being nominated by the OINP. You must include a copy of your Letter of Nomination and a copy of the OINP Confirmation of Nomination document. You can also include your spouse and dependents in your application for permanent residence.

Please note that nomination by OINP does not guarantee the approval of your application for permanent residence by IRCC.

We hope this information will assist you. Once again, thank you for your email and for your interest in the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program.
Hi did you add your spouse in the onip application? and received nomination from oinp..please confirm

astraldust

Feb 24, 2019
I created my extress entry profile as "spouse NOT accompanying" and received NOI from Ontario. After that I changed my OINP application to "spouse accompanying" and got the nomination. I have now submitted my EE profile as "spouse accompanying" and waiting for the result. Just make sure you mention that in the letter of explanation and you should be fine.

fidani12

Sep 11, 2018
Hello,

Anywhere here who changed from spouse non-accompanying to accompanying post-OINP nomination and post ITA?

rajn

Feb 15, 2018
Hi All,

Approximately Jan 2021 we submitted biometrics and march we had our medicals today we received letter to submit for passport.

My profile was all alone and got pnp Ontario. then added spouse later added child who was born in usa. all the process went well, we are about to submit pp.

thanks

astraldust

Feb 24, 2019
Hi All,

Approximately Jan 2021 we submitted biometrics and march we had our medicals today we received letter to submit for passport.

My profile was all alone and got pnp Ontario. then added spouse later added child who was born in usa. all the process went well, we are about to submit pp.

thanks
Congratulations.

fidani12

Sep 11, 2018
Hi All,

thanks
Many Congratulations!

One question, please

Had you added your wife before getting NOI from OINP, would your CRS still had been in the OINP draw's range?

rajn

Feb 15, 2018
Many Congratulations!

One question, please

Had you added your wife before getting NOI from OINP, would your CRS still had been in the OINP draw's range?
I added my wife after getting NOI from Ontario and my score wasn't in the range of the Ontario draw, it was below that.

Reactions: Ifewunmi

copperguy

Feb 2, 2021
Hi All,

thanks
Congratulations. Now Processing time is fast for all the outland applications, waiting period is really making life miserable for everyone these many days :(

copperguy

Feb 2, 2021
Wonder what is taking time for all the processed files. Even I'm in the same page w.r.t OINP - PR applications. Waiting time :(

copperguy

Feb 2, 2021
Hi All,

thanks
Did you see any changes in the application regularly or all of sudden got mail for Passport request ? Please clarify on the same.. status not changed for many months..

saxena.arushi

Dec 2, 2021
Hi All,

thanks
Hi Rajn,

Congratulations and thank you for updating your status and giving inspiration to many like me. I had a question since I'm in the same scenario as you were in. When you received NOI from Ontario and you updated the Ontario form with accompanying with spouse(which you hadn't in your EE) did you also update your EE profile before receiving acceptance and final nomination confirmation from Ontario ? Or post it?

astraldust

Feb 24, 2019
Hi Rajn,

Congratulations and thank you for updating your status and giving inspiration to many like me. I had a question since I'm in the same scenario as you were in. When you received NOI from Ontario and you updated the Ontario form with accompanying with spouse(which you hadn't in your EE) did you also update your EE profile before receiving acceptance and final nomination confirmation from Ontario ? Or post it?
I also did the same and got the PR last month. I created EE profile as "Spouse not accompanying", received NOI from Ontario. Then I submitted my OINP profile with my spouse and kid added, also mentioned that in the Explanation Letter. After I received nomination from Ontario, I immediately added spouse and kid in the EE profile as well. Once I received EE invitation, i submitted an explanation letter with all these details.

Reactions: saxena.arushi

saxena.arushi

Dec 2, 2021
I also did the same and got the PR last month. I created EE profile as "Spouse not accompanying", received NOI from Ontario. Then I submitted my OINP profile with my spouse and kid added, also mentioned that in the Explanation Letter. After I received nomination from Ontario, I immediately added spouse and kid in the EE profile as well. Once I received EE invitation, i submitted an explanation letter with all these details.
Thanks for letting me know :)