+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I update spouse accompanying to YES after receiving OINP nomination

akshaykhadse

Feb 8, 2023
Can anyone guide me accordingly?

There is a concern that I would like to address with regard to the most recent OINP Tech Draw that occurred on 5th May, 2023.

Prior to this NOI from OINP, I had an express entry profile as a single applicant but on the 29th April, 2023, I got married therefore changing my marital status. I was away from home for my honeymoon but while on this trip, I attempted to make the necessary changes to my status on 3rd and 4th May, 2023. Upon trying to make these changes, I encountered technical glitches when attempting to resubmit my Express Entry profile. I attempted multiple times to submit the new changes but continuously experienced the following error message “Invalid Session”. With that being said, I was unable to update my profile and on 5th May, 2023, I got an email with a new message. Upon checking it, it was an OINP NOI under the Human Capital Priorities Stream which would have been offered to me as my CRS score is 478 but that would have been for me as a single applicant, and I am no longer single.

I would like to know if there is still time for me to change my status and add my spouse to my application as an accompanying family member. I am currently awaiting my spouse’s ECA from WES which would maintain the CRS score above the cut-off of 475 for this draw.

Can you please provide feedback on if I can move forward with adding my spouse to my EE application and then by extension proceed forward with the OINP NOI from 5th May, 2023 with no consequences?
You can change your spouse accompanying to YES at any time during the process as long as you meet the you meet the 67/100 eligibility points critera for EE. Given your situation, I would say that update the EE profile now and mention spouse as accompanying in OINP application. Explain this change in a letter of explanation. It is always better if you can apply together.

So, I would suggest that wait for spouse's ECA if the time permits. I hope spouse's IELTS is already done. For OINP application, you need to make sure that you meet the 67/100 eligibility points critera when spouse is marked as accompanying. Spouse's IELTS and ECA are used for checking this.

Also, get your marriage certificate before you submit your application. This is not required for OINP application, but get just in case you get an additional document request.

Write an letter of explanantion for OINP with what you have said above. You can also mention if your passport does not show spouse's name or attach marriage certificate here just to be safe. Basically, provide as much documantation as you can to support what you are writing here.

I am no expert here, this is just what I think. You can reach out OINP over call 1-866-214-6820 from a Canadian number and confirm this. You can also write an email, but they may not reply to it.

May 9, 2023
You can change your spouse accompanying to YES at any time during the process as long as you meet the you meet the 67/100 eligibility points critera for EE. Given your situation, I would say that update the EE profile now and mention spouse as accompanying in OINP application. Explain this change in a letter of explanation. It is always better if you can apply together.

So, I would suggest that wait for spouse's ECA if the time permits. I hope spouse's IELTS is already done. For OINP application, you need to make sure that you meet the 67/100 eligibility points critera when spouse is marked as accompanying. Spouse's IELTS and ECA are used for checking this.

Also, get your marriage certificate before you submit your application. This is not required for OINP application, but get just in case you get an additional document request.

Write an letter of explanantion for OINP with what you have said above. You can also mention if your passport does not show spouse's name or attach marriage certificate here just to be safe. Basically, provide as much documantation as you can to support what you are writing here.

I am no expert here, this is just what I think. You can reach out OINP over call 1-866-214-6820 from a Canadian number and confirm this. You can also write an email, but they may not reply to it.
Thank you for such a detailed response. And yes my spouse completed IELTS. With my spouse my after adding her IELTS and after her educationis assessed, my score would actually increase to 479 which continues to be within the range of the draw.

I am in the process of emailing OINP to explain the situation in hopes of getting some feedback on how and if I should move forward with this NOI.

Edward.G

Aug 21, 2023
I understand your point but the way I see it as that in the points based system, you mentioned your spouse not accompanying because you wanted to get most points but when OINP sent you the invitation, now your circumstances have changed. You have been selected by the province! Now you want your wife to accompany you because you are privileged to be selected!

Before going this route I talked to a representative in Ontario govt and she said once you get the invitation from Ontario, write what applies to you currently not what you have input in EE. I did that and got here with my wife and kids and my wife didn't have to take IELTS exam or ECA.

If this was playing with the system, the representative would have stopped to think a bit before responding and I wouldn't be advertising it here to help more people. Not to forget there have been many cases who got with their family successfully into Canada without any issues after me.

Canada is not a country that would leave loopholes into systems and not know about them.
Hello,

Thanks for the hearty reply,
'I spend some time studying Ontario Immigration Law for basis I found the conculsion regarding our issue here following:
The applicant must have obtained the minimum score under the Comprehensive Ranking System under the Express Entry system determined by the director, which will be published on the Ministry’s website.'

How would we reach it with spouse getting our score down below the minimum score.....
Some people say that minimum score is the 400 score that get you into the FSW, however it seems not because in another clause:
'If the director decides to issue targeted notifications of interest in respect of a category, the director shall rank only the candidates whose Express Entry system profile indicates that they have one or more labour market or human capital attributes that would satisfy the targets established by the director for the category, and shall issue notifications of interest only to all candidates in that category who have those attributes and whose Comprehensive Ranking System score is within the range determined by the director.'

That means the score indeed come from ranking.....
So I'm really confused how did they let all those people walk free.

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
I am about to submit Ontario application. Got NOI alone. Shall I submit Ontario application alone or with spouse.
PS :- my crs will drop drastically if spouse included.
Hi! I am in the same boat. Can you please tell me what you did? Did you had added spouse accompanying to your OINP application or non-accompanying ? I am suggested to unaccompany spouse and change EE profile to accompanying after receiving 600 points.

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
I added my spouse and received an ITA but I'm not sure about LOE and if we write one, what has to be written in it. I wrote to IRCC twice and received two different replies, but none answered the question. Although when I called them , I was told that spouse can be added. Maybe you could also try writing them and share with us.
Hi! did you changed the spouse to accompanying in your express entry profile after receiving the 600 points or you had spouse accompanied in your ONIP application? I am in the same boat and looking for an answer

amitprm030

Sep 19, 2023
I got married on 15th July 2023. I didn’t added my spouse in my EE profile. My CRS was 477. I got the OINP nomination.

Should I add my spouse in EE profile and submit the OINP documents accompanying with my spouse?

Please reply

amitprm030

Sep 19, 2023
I got married on 15th July 2023. I didn’t added my spouse in my EE profile. My CRS was 477. I got the OINP nomination.

Should I add my spouse in EE profile and submit the OINP documents accompanying with my spouse?

Please reply

fq786

Jun 9, 2021

Please reply
You mean you got NOI or the nomination certificate? When did you received?

chingkaykik

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
I have sent an email to OINP and this is the reply I got from them, so this means it is totally OK to change from wife not accompanying into wife accompanying in both OINP & Express Entry; and you will still be able to accompany the wife with you even if the crs score drops; so it doesn't matter as you're still getting 600 points anyway:

Hello,

Thank you for your correspondence to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP).

Please note that your eligibility to apply to the OINP will not be affected if your CRS score changes. You may include your dependents in your application.

You must notify us if there are any changes to the information provided in your application, including (but not limited to) changes in:

· contact information

· immigration status (expiration or change in work permit)

· family composition due to:

o marriage or common-law relationship

o birth of a child

o change of custody of a child

o divorce/separation

o death

Please complete the Change of Personal Information form. Once completed, you must send the form by email as an attachment to ontarionominee@ontario.ca indicating in the subject line “Application Change Notice – [File number]”.

It is your responsibility to ensure your Express Entry profile stays true and accurate at all times. Thus, if your marital status changes prior to receiving a notification of interest, you must update your Express Entry profile with this information.

You must have enough money to support yourself and your dependent family members when you settle in Canada. Note that a family member includes your spouse, common law partner and children under the age of 22, including their children.

Learn more about the amount of money you must have available to apply (see “How much money you'll need”).

Thank you for your interest in the OINP.

Sincerely,

Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program | Programme ontarien des candidats à l’immigration

Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development | Ministère du Travail, de la Formation et du Développement des compétences

Government of Ontario | Gouvernement de l’Ontario

4th floor | 4e étage

400 University Ave. | 400, avenue University
Toronto ON
M7A 1V4

Tel | Tél. : (416) 327-0374

Email | Courrier électronique : ontarionominee@ontario.ca | candidatontarien@ontario.ca

Website | Portail : www.ontario.ca/OINP | www.ontario.ca/POCI
Does this apply to education changes as well? Like just putting foreign degree and removing canadian degree after receiving nomination and just putting it to personal history?

Giri_visa

Mar 4, 2018
I'm still undecided, but I've asked Ontario regarding the same issue, and their reply is as below;

Dear Madam/Sir,

Thank you for your email correspondence to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) mailbox.

Please be advised that only the applicant’s name appears on the OINP Confirmation of Nomination document.

Successful nominees must submit an application for permanent residence to IRCC within six (6) months of being nominated by the OINP. You must include a copy of your Letter of Nomination and a copy of the OINP Confirmation of Nomination document. You can also include your spouse and dependents in your application for permanent residence.

Please note that nomination by OINP does not guarantee the approval of your application for permanent residence by IRCC.

We hope this information will assist you. Once again, thank you for your email and for your interest in the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program.

Can you please help with this?, Do we need to add while submitting OINP or later after approval?
Secondly, If we are not claiming points for spouse work experience do we need to include spouse work history in OINP?
Imagine spouse is not in same NOC as mine.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

RajSinha007

Aug 20, 2023
Hello,

I received Notification of Interest on 2nd Feb 2023 for HCP tech Draw. My express entry profile mentions that my wife will not be accompanying me.

Should I follow the same when filing the OINP application?

Can I update my Express Entry profile after I recieve the final nomination that my wife will accompany me?

Please note that cut-off for NOI was 481 and my score is 481. If I add my wife as accompanying now, the score will drop to 476 which makes me ineligible for NOI in the first place. Hence, I want to get nomination while keeping my wife as no-accompanying. Then, update my express entry profile to spouse accompanying after I recieve the nomination.

RajSinha007

Aug 20, 2023
Hi , could you pls let me know what did you follow , I mean did you add your spouse accompanying to OINP application ?

Ali518

Apr 15, 2024
I haven't got NOI yet. Still the the stage of deciding whether to have my wife accompanying or not. Looks like it would be fine to do this. Hope you will make it and share the result with us.
Have been through by adding spouse during OINP submission? Can please advise?

Apr 17, 2024
Hi all,
I have a little complicated or rather confusing situation. Need your help please.

In my EE profile I had mentioned spouse ‘not accompanying’ to increase my score. My Score was 469 and I got a NOI for HCP- Tech draw on March 21, 2024 with a cut-off range of 468-480.

I had a IELTS test on April 14 since my previous score validity was going to expire soon. After updating the new ielts score to EE profile my CRS is now increased to 503, making me ineligible to apply for OINP NOI I believe (more than cut-off range)!

I think I have few options here as follows:
  1. Revert the updates in my EE profile and go ahead with old ielts score and my earlier CRS 469 for which I got the NOI. (My old ielts score will expire on May 22, 2024. Do I have to update my new ielts score on May 22 or can I wait until getting nomination?).
  2. Updating EE profile with new ielts score and CRS 503. Also mention the same in the OINP application, because on the first page of application it asks for the CRS. Only concern is they might reject my application since my score doesn’t fall in the range anymore.
  3. I have another idea here to add my spouse as ‘Accompanying’ in the EE profile now. This option makes my CRS 477 which still falls in the cut-off range (468-480). Then submit the application with same details – spouse accompanying and CRS 477, however it won’t match the CRS for which I had received the NOI.
Please advise which option I should go with that would give me better chance to get my application approved and nominated?

Thank you in advance.